Distance

A Fangirl Dream Come True?

Author's Note:

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING OMG.

I was supposed to finish this fic on Jaejin's birthday but i got caught up with my acads + admin duties ://

So here, i updated. ^^

Christmas Vacation just started so YESHH I CAN WRITE FREELY NOW!! :DD

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CHAPTER 11 - Distance

 

Jaejin’s POV

Six months have passed since that day on the Ferris wheel. I didn’t beg for her to stay after that. I let her go because she told me so. I know I should’ve stopped her. But asking her to stay with me, even though I know that it will be hard for her, is too much selfishness already.

The night I asked her to stay is the most heart breaking night of my life. She left me without looking back. I know that she’ll be going back to the dorm since all her clothes are there so I went to Han River first instead of going back to the dorm. I don’t want to see her walking out our dorm with all her things because that picture will haunt me forever.

When I got back to the dorm, the four of them asked me what happened because they said that Daphne rode a taxi back and that she was crying while she was packing. They all asked me why I let her go away when it is obvious that we love or at least, like each other.

All I said to them was..

I don’t want to be selfish. I don’t want to cause her pain. Maybe, the fortune teller was right.

When I told them that, they all became silent and just comforted me, except Minhwan. He was standing silently throughout the whole conversation. Then he suddenly burst. I can still remember clearly what he told me that time.

“Why didn’t you ask her to stay hyung? You love her right? You must fight for her! Falling in love doesn’t necessarily mean to be a piece of cake hyung. In love, there are sacrifices that should be made. There is no love if there are no trials. Hyung, for us idols, loving someone will surely mean that we have to risk all the things we have accomplished but if we fight for the one we love and do our best, that will make all the sacrifice worth it, right? I like her too hyung. But because I know that you love her and she loves you too, I gave way. Then this is the outcome of my sacrifice?” he said. “And the pictures in the internet? That can be all straightened up. You can say that you have a girlfriend or say that she’s your friend and keep your relationship a secret. We can all back you up hyung. We’re always here.”

What Minhwan said made awakened me at that time. I went to Minhwan and hugged him. I took Hongki’s car keys and ran as fast to Hongki’s car to go to the airport. Jonghun texted me Daphne’s flight number.

I was circling the place, trying to find a girl. The girl who caught my heart, the girl I have learned to love in such a little time. Then I heard the announcer’s last call for the passengers for Flight CL1207. That was Daphne’s flight. I ran towards the gate and saw her giving her passport to the attendant to check. I tried calling her. I screamed her name. But she didn’t look back. Not even once. Then she entered the portal that connects the building to airplane. I saw her, getting smaller with every step she takes. Then that’s when I realize. I can never see her again.

                                                                  

Daphne’s POV

 

Now, over the crossing,
Someone who was always besides me stands.
First snow of the season falls on her back who is walking not knowing anything.

My heart hurts as I run.
Because it was as if I left you behind.

Do I still exist in you?

As a selfish person.

Because I wanna see you.
Just wanna see you.
I was holding your image in myself.

Turns to recollections,
Changes into memory,
Not to fade it away.

"I love sad songs too."
Why wasn't I able to realize?
Over the crowd, I see your back.
I was reaching out my hand unconsciously.

Even if it's too late,
Gotta tell you "I'm sorry"
Otherwise I can't move on.

So I ran after you.
Just ran after you.
As if I cut through the crowd.
I called your name.
Called many times.
Did it reach?

But straight,
Just straight,
You keep walking forward.
Never looking back
As if you leave everything behind.
As if it's for me.

I cannot still find the answer.
What's right and what's wrong.

Please reflect me into your eyes once more time.
Let me ask you.

So I wanna see you.
Just wanna see you.
I was holding your image in myself.
It wasn't a dream.
It was a reality.
But I let your hand go.

Snow keeps falling.
My feeling gets stronger.
Express train passes.
By the time this crossing opens,
you will probably not be there.
You will probably not be there, but...

 

I was inside the café where I’m working as one of the patissier when I heard FTISLAND’s new song, Distance. It gave me tears not only because of the sad and beautiful lyrics but because of the feelings and emotions behind it. Hongki gave so much emotions in singing the song and Jaejin.. he gives off this certain feeling that he’s singing the song for me.

 

Where am I now? I'm at Miss Lee Cafe (별다방미스리) atGwanhoon-dong, South Korea.

(it was the place where YongSeo had their date in WGM lol)

 

And yes, I didn’t leave. I heard him calling my name before I enter the airport’s portal. I didn’t look back at first but when he stopped, I looked back and saw him, walking away. Walking away from me. That’s when I realized that I can’t leave him. But I can’t just go back to him and ask for him to take me back. No. I’ll support and love him from afar. So I walked back and told the attendant that I forgot something and I’ll just get the next flight.

I slowly followed him but not making any move to make him know that I didn’t leave. I hurt him. He must be angry at me for being a coward. I saw him walk outside the airport and to the parking lot. He brought Hongki’s car. Heh, that guy allowed Jaejin to bring his car, I thought.

After Hongki’s car left, I called a taxi and asked him to bring me to the nearest Baskin and Robbins shop.  The taxi stopped in front of the place where it all started. I entered the shop and saw the same cashier that had helped me before. She welcomed me and asked for my order. I didn’t think much of what I ordered and just replied a random ice cream flavor that popped into my mind. I sat in the same spot where I first saw him. All of the happenings in the last few days came on me. Then, without me realizing, I was crying. The cashier, who later on, became my friend, named Kim Eun So, asked me if I was alright. And without me noticing, I had poured all my heart to her and she just sat there and listened to me.  She patted my back and told me to wait for her shift to end.  And the next thing I know, I was living with her at her parent’s house.

The next day after that, FnC called for a press conference to clear all of the misunderstandings of the issue of Jaejin being seen with a girl in his old school’s fair. I was even shocked that our pictures are all over the internet. I thought that we disguised ourselves well, but I was wrong.

But that didn’t shock me as the next statement that Jaejin said. I can still remember him talking, with all the camera’s pointed at him. “I was, indeed, that guy in the picture. And the girl? She’s just someone I met. I was just playing around. I’m a guy right? It’s normal for me to meet someone from time to time. So please, don’t ask me another question regarding that issue, thank you.” He said with a straight face, not showing any sign of emotions.

I also saw the other members’ reaction on what Jaejin said. They we’re shocked too. I guess i was really just that girl to him. A girl that was just passing by in his life when to me, he’s my everything.

 

Jaejin’s POV

Everyone was getting ready to film Mezamashi. We will be singing our newest single, Distance, live for the first time. I was so nervous because me and Seunghyun wrote it together. He suggested me to write a song after that night, so I did. He encouraged and helped me, bringing our ideas together and now, Distance has become a very emotional song combined with Hongki’s strong vocals.

The PD noona just called us, and told us that it’s our turn to sing! So all of us entered the set and started to play.

After playing, the girl MC thanked us.

“Thank you very much!” the MC exclaimed. “Hongki-san, it’s early in the morning but your voice came out great. Are you alright?” the MC asked.

“Ah! I’m really weak in the morning, but I did my best today. The key was so high so it was kind of hard.” Hongki hyung answered.

The interview goes on and the guy MC asked about the song. “Distance is a really sad song, it’s story is about a heartbreak right?”

All of us nodded and the MC turned to me and Seunghyun. “The ones who composed, Jaejin and Seunghyun-san, do you have memories of such sad love? Perhaps, you’re trying to express your own experience?” he asked.

All of the other members including Seunghyun who also wrote the song pointed at me, so I put on a poker face, smiled, then answered the MC’s question. “Well, not really a railway crossing but a story that is, in some way, similar. It has happened to me, yes.”

Then, the ever funny Seunghyun butted in with a puzzled look. “It has?” And all of us laughed, lightening the mood. The MC wanted to talk about the story more but the time allotted is not enough so they dropped the issue down and proceeded with the next questions.

After a few minutes, the MC thanked us for being there and answering their questions. We thanked them back and said our goodbyes.

On our way back to our dorm in Japan, I was surprised that Minhwan sat beside me, which he hasn’t done in a few months.

“Hyung, I’m really sorry for being angry at you. I just can’t believe you said those things when you know that she will probably see the press conference video.” He said.

I responded, “It’s for the best.”

“I just hope that it really is for the best hyung.” He said, shrugging his shoulder and snuggling in my shoulder. “I really missed you hyung, and I’m really sorry.” And after a while, hear his steady breathing, sign that he had fallen asleep.

And really, it is. We received so much attention after that press conference. I created so much intrigues so I really did my best during our promotions and performances and after a while, that picture was forgotten and replaced by praises and thanks from our fans.

But it doesn’t change the fact that I lied to all our fans.

Especially to Daphne, to whom my heart will always belong.

 

----

WORD COUNT: 1,918

Distance English Translation credits to inlovewith5@twitter! ^^

So, for the interview, go to this video:

 

 

AND YES. JAEJIN REALLY EXPERIENCED THIS OMG.

I WAS SO SURPRISED AND ALL. He made my fic as if it's true and all (but it's not haha)

I wonder who the girl is. >____< our poor goat.

 

Is this chapter worth the wait?

omg. i know it's not ://

Please comment?

It will really really really make my day!!!

And it will also motivate me to write faster.

So please? :3 

 

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THIS DORKY GUY WHO CAPTURED MY HEART