The Fortune Teller

A Fangirl Dream Come True?

(DOUBLE UPDATE! Please read Chapter 7 first :D)

 

 

Chapter 8 - The Fortune Teller

 

Daphne’s POV

I felt someone pocking my cheek so I opened my eyes and saw Seunghyun, about to poke my cheeks again.

“Oh! You’re awake!” he said.

“Yeah, what is it? Why am I here in the couch?” I asked.

“I was just about to ask you that.” He said, scratching his head. “Oh! You waited for Jaejin hyung? Haha.”

“No! I didn’t. Is he here already?”

“I think so. I saw his shoes in the shoe rack.” He said.

“Did you tell her already?” Jonghun said from the kitchen.

“Oh yeah, right. Hongki hyung has a headache and cold so Minhwan, Jonghun and I will go to Star King in his place.”

“Ok, what about .. Jaejin?” I asked.

“He will tour you around Seoul.” He said, smiling.

“What?” I said, my eyes widening. “You planned this. Didn’t you?”

“Yes we did.” Seunghyun said, smiling wider. “But do you really want to spend your whole vacation inside our dorm with nothing to do?”

“No I don’t”

“Now go! But take a bath first. You reek!” He said, pulling me up from the couch while laughing.

I went straight to the room, took my toiletries, and went to the bathroom.

After a few minutes, Jonghun knocked in the door and said that they’re leaving and that there is food prepared in the table. I went out of the bathroom and decided that I should cook soup for Hongki since he’s sick.

I knocked in his door and heard him telling me to just go inside.

“What is it?” he asked.

“I cooked something for you to feel well.” I said, pulling him up to seating position.

“Wow, thanks!” he said, smiling, taking the tray from me and sipped the soup. “It’s good!”

“Well of course! I didn’t study cooking for nothing.” Happy that he liked it. “Where’s Jaejin by the way?” I asked, looking around the room.

“He didn’t sleep here last night.”

“Really? He’s not in the couch either.” I said. Then we heard someone outside the room.

“There he is!” He said, smiling, then sneezing. “If you don’t want to catch my virus, then get out of my room. Enjoy your day with Jaejin!!” then he pushed me out of his room.

I saw Jaejin standing in the hallway looking at me. We stared at each other for a few seconds without saying anything so I decided to break the awkward silence.

“Have you eaten your breakfast yet?”

He answered no so I told him that Jonghun cooked breakfast and that there’s soup too.

“Ok! Let’s eat.” He said, smiling and went to the kitchen.

We sat together and ate.

While we’re eating, he asked me what I want to do today so I said that I want to try Korea’s street foods, buy clothes and look at other places here in Seoul.

“Hm, we’re going to bring Hongki hyung’s car then, since he’s sick.” He said, standing up. “We’ll just leave all of the dishes there. Let Minhwan and Seunghyun wash it.” He laughed.

“You’re so mean to your dongsaengs.” I said, standing up too and taking all the used plates and utensils to the sink. “I’ll just wash it later when we got home.” Thinking that we will go home early today.

So Jaejin went to Hongki’s room to borrow his car key, then we went down to the basement. I feel so excited that I’m going around Seoul with this guy that I didn’t even saw that there’s a car coming.

Jaejin grabbed me by my waist and pulled me to his side.

“Ya! Watch where you’re going!” he said angrily. “I’ll go get the car. Wait here ok? Don’t move.”

So I didn’t.

After a few minutes, I saw Hongki’s convertible car in front of me. Hongki is really that rich? O.o

“Come on, jump in.” he said thru the opened window.

----

Jaejin drove around Seoul without saying a thing.

“Jaejin, I’m sorry about what happened.” I said.

“It’s ok. I’m sorry too. I screamed at you. I didn’t mean to. I was just scared that something will happen to you. The other members will kill me and I know I won’t forgive myself too.” He said.

“Nothing happened right? I’m ok. So, let’s just forget about it.”

“Yeah, now where do you want to go?” he asked, smiling for the first time after the incident in their dorm’s basement.

“I want to shop.”  I said.

“Then shopping it is!” he said.

After a few minutes, we arrived at Myeongdong.

“If you want to shop, this is the place to go. But first, we must put these on.” He said, grabbing something in the back seat. Then he gave me this paper bag that has glasses and caps. “Disguises.”

“Oh yeah.” I said in amazement. I didn’t even think of that.

I wore the “Harry Potter” glasses and put my hood over my head and Jaejin used the sunglass and a rounded hat that he used to use during his Mushroom hair days. I looked at him but still looked recognizable so I asked him to just put his hood on too like mine. Then we went out of the car.

“It was so long since I last went here without other people knowing that it’s me.” He said, after entering a number of shops and finally stopping to rest in one of the ice cream shops there.

“Really?” I said.

“Yeah, we always have cameras following us whenever we go to this kind of place and fans always chase us. We rarely have privacy so we don’t have a life outside our idol life. But I’m not complaining. I chose this path because it’s my dream.” He said, smiling. “And if I didn’t choose this path, I will never get the chance to meet those four crazy guys I’m with now. And I will never meet you.” He looked at me intensely so I looked away. Then our ice cream came so our conversation was stopped.

I was thinking about what he said when he stopped the Hongki’s car in the side of the road.

“Why did you stopped?” I asked.

“See? You’re not listening to me.”

“I’m sorry. I was just thinking of what you said a while ago. What about we forget about what I want to do today since I still have tomorrow. Let’s do what you want. What are the things that you haven’t done in a while?” I asked.

He looked at me like I’m crazy. “I’ll think about it.” Then, he smiled.

He started to drive again. After a few minutes, he stopped in front of a university.

“It’s been so long since I last went here.” He looked at the place. “This was my old school. I just remembered that they have a school fair today.” He said. “Let’s go.” Opening the door and I followed.

We entered the school and saw other students looking in the booths that their schoolmates had set-up. There’s a Sing-along booth with a karaoke set, a haunted booth with a scary looking tent in the back, a fortune teller, and many more.

“I’ve forgotten how it feels to be in this kind of thing. The excitement of making the booths and playing around, not thinking about other people.” He said. “Let’s go inside the haunted booth.”

We entered all the booths and we we’re only left with the Fortune teller. The student outside the booth said that we can only go inside one at a time so I entered the booth first.

Inside, I saw a lady sitting in behind a circular table.

“Sit down.” She said.

I followed.

“You’re not from Korea right?” she said, and I nodded.

She sat there for a few minutes without saying anything, just staring at me.

“You always think of other people before yourself and one day, because of that way of thinking, you will end up leaving the man you love and hurting him and yourself.” She said and it’s my turn to stare at her. “You must follow what your heart says.” She smiled and said that my time is up.

So I stood up and went thru the opening in the tent.

“What happened?” Jaejin asked.

“Nothing. Go inside now.” I smiled at him, hiding my emotions.

“Ok! It’s my turn.” Then he entered the tent.

After a few minutes, he is out and he looks so shocked.

“Hey! What happened? What did she say?” I asked.

“Uh, no, nothing. I think she’s a fraud. Come on, let’s go to our last destination for tonight.” He smiled, recovering from what he heard inside the fortune teller’s tent.

We drove around Seoul and stopped in front of a river.

“Han River?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Then he opened the car’s roof.

We stopped speaking for an hour and just feel each other’s presence.

It feels so peaceful to be around him. I feel safe and that nothing bad is going to happen. And in that moment of silence, I realized that my feelings for this guy beside me have grown deeper that what I feel before. At first, he was just this good looking guy who can melt every girl’s hearts with his beautiful voice but now, I see him as a guy who has his flaws and faults. He’s not the perfect guy who I think he is. He farts, burps like an old man, snorts, scratch his and he even has this cute pimple in his chin.

The guy beside me has given everything up for his dream, even his private life, to be the idol that he is now.

In just a few hours of being with him, I ended up falling deeply in love with a guy I know that can never be mine.

I still remember what the fortune teller said. I’ll end up leaving the man I love, hurting both of us in the process.

“I have to tell you something.” Jaejin said, breaking the silence.

“What is it?” I looked at him.

“This day has been so much fun. Thank you for making me experience those kind of things again.” He smiled and took my hand. “Last night, I kissed you without thinking about the consequences it might cause, but now, I know why.” He kissed the back of my hand then looked at me in the eye.

“You made me do things I never thought I can. Just look at my ankle, it has a henna tattoo of a goat.” He laughs. “I know it will fade but this is the first time that I had a henna tattoo on my skin.” He stopped for a few seconds.

“You’ve made all of my defences crashing down. I know what I’m feeling right now isn’t love. We just met two days ago and it’s too early for this to be called love.” He chuckled. “But one thing is for sure.. I like what I’m feeling right now.” Then, he kissed my forehead.

I was about to say something but he stopped me.

“I know you’ll be leaving in a few days. So I’ll make the most out of it.” He smiled. “Let’s go home now.”

Then he drove us back to the dorm.

 

WORD COUNT: 1,882

---

Author's Note:

What did the fortune teller said to Jaejin? o_O

I'm wondering too haha.

A cliff hanger? lol sorry about that.

This fic might be ending soon! 

But i may not be able to update this next few weeks.

Our second semester will start on November 8 and i have Pharmacy and Physics. TT

Thank you for subscribing again!! 

Comments? Any violent reactions? lol :3