The Last Ride

A Fangirl Dream Come True?

 

Author's Note:

OMG. Heavy chapter!!! :(( I cried after writing the last part of this. I dunno why. I have planned this already but typing it made me emotional :// 

(no GIF for this chapter cause it will totally kill the mood lol :DD)

And also, i have edited chapter 9. i forgot to put Minhwan's picture :DD Just take a peek ok? hehe. ty :D

Comments? :3 Subscribe please? :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Chapter 10 - The Last Ride

 

Jaejin’s POV

After the press conference with Suzy, I immediately asked Manager Hyung for the key of his car, and him being the supportive hyung he is, gives his keys to me and smiled. “Ya! Take care of my car ok? Just be responsible and do--.”

“We will not be recognized hyung! And I’ll take care of your car. I promise.” I said, grabbing his keys and rushing to the door leaving hyung shaking his head, heading to the black van to go back to the dorm.

I send a text message to Daphne before starting the car, saying that I’ll be in Lotte World in a few. I didn’t wait for her to reply as I was so excited to see her again and also, she told me yesterday that driving while texting is really dangerous.

I didn’t check my messages until I got to the entrance of the amusement park. Oh, two messages from Daphne and one from Jonghun hyung. I opened Daphne’s message first.

FROM: My Princess <3

Ok! Me and Minhwan will wait for you near the entrance.^^

--

FROM: My Princess <3

Where are you now? O_o

I texted her back saying that I’m on the entrance already and buying my own pass. I’ll just read Jonghun Hyung’s message later. I know he’s just curious on what happened during the press conference.

As soon as I entered the park, Minhwan approached me and asked for my phone.

“My phone died on me hyung.” He pouted. So I gave him my phone and saw him walk away and called someone.

“What’s up with him?” I asked Daphne.

“I don’t know either. He’s been weird since he received a message from Jonghun but he won’t say a thing about it. He only said that Jonghun was just checking if we’re alright.” She answered.

“Oh.. so, how’s your day with Minhwan?” I asked jokingly.

“It’s ok. I had so much fun. We rode in this really extreme ride. I thought my stomach is going to burst! Then we went to ride another—“

“Ok. So you had fun.” I said, not trying to hide the jealousy in my voice. I know I can’t ride those kinds of rides with her since I’m afraid with heights.

“Are you jealous?” she asked, teasing me.

“Yes I am.”

“You spent your day with Suzy anyway. Aren’t you happy? You finally have your wish, a movie with your ideal type. Isn’t she the girl you’ve been dreaming to have a conversation with?” she said, and I smiled.

“You’re jealous too, aren’t you?” I asked her. She really sound just like me a while ago when I cut her story about her day with Minari.

“No, I’m not. Minhwan is my bias remember? Sheesh~” she answered, still trying to hide what she really feels.

“You know, lying is bad. I heard from Jonghun hyung this morning that Minhwan followed this twitter account…” I stopped. I saw her eyes widening in disbelief. “What was the girl’s username?”

“-----“

“Oh! Yeah, DaphJinnie!! DaphJinnie was the username. Do you know her?” then I saw her face, blushing like a ripened tomato. “And Hongki hyung also told me something about someone lying on who her bias really is.. Do you have any idea about that? Hm?”

“Ya!! That’s not me you idiot. I’m not.. I’m not..”

I looked at her intently, saying lying-is-bad-so-tell-the-truth-now thru my eyes.

“OH ALRIGHT! I AM DAPHJINNIE!!! YOU HAPPY NOW??” she screamed. “And.. Minhwan is not really my bias.. You a-are.” She stammered.

“See?” I hugged her. “You shouldn’t be lying about things like this, and don’t be jealous of my movie with Suzy. I might’ve liked her before but it’s all in the past, I have someone else now.” Our face is now so near, I can smell her perfume. She closed her eyes.. Then I felt Minhwan pocking me in the back.

“Hyung~ get a room please! You’re attracting attention here.” He said, handing my phone back to me. “Here, thank you hyung! I just called my friend to say that I can’t go to his place tonight. I’m leaving first. Bye hyung, Daph!” Minhwan said, walking towards the entrance.

I looked at her and smiled, “Where were we? AH! I was about to ---“

“Ya! Don’t you dare.” She said.

“I won’t. Sorry! Come on. I want to ride some rides.” I said, grabbing her hand and entwining hers and mine together. I can kiss her later, and I will also ask her to stay here in Seoul.

---

Daphne’s POV

After riding the Carousel and other kiddie rides, Jaejin and I passed the Viking. I wanted to ride that one earlier but I want Jaejin to be the one to ride it with me so I asked him to try it out.

“No, I don’t want to.” He said sternly, looking at the ride.

“Come on! Don’t be such a goat. You tried it once before, right?”

“Yeah, but it was for the video and I can’t say no to the director.” He said, still looking at the ride.

“So you’re saying no to me?” I said, acting as if I’m hurt and also, trying if my aegyo works for him.

“Oh! Alright! But can you do that again?” he said.

“What?”

“Your aegyo.”

“I won’t! haha. I was just trying if it works for and you and it did! Come on!” I grabbed his hand and queued for the line to ride the scary ride (but only to Jaejin, it is really exciting to me.)

 

Minhwan’s POV

I drove Hongki hyung’s car faster that I usually to get back to the dorm fast. When I entered the dorm, all of the members are there except for Jaejin hyung.

“Where are they?” Manager hyung asked.

I didn’t answer.

“Minhwan, tell me, please. I need to know.” He pleaded.

“This will end tomorrow hyung. She’s leaving.” That’s the only thing I can say.

“Hyung, let the both of them enjoy this night. Jaejin deserves that.” I heard Jonghun hyung said to our manager.

“Alright. But promise me that all of you will explain this to the press tomorrow.” Hyung said, and with that, he left the dorm.

After a few minutes, Hongki hyung asked me what Jaejin and Daph are doing right now.

“They’re at Lotte World.”

“What?? They will be seen by other people again!” Seunghyun said.

“We will help them tomorrow, ok? Promise me hyung.” I pleaded.

“Alright, we’ll wait for Jaejin and Daph to come back and we will plan on what we will say to the press tomorrow. We will not let Jaejin and Daph be separated, even if it means that we have to lie.” Hongki hyung said.

“WHAT????” Seunghyun exclaimed.

 

Daphne’s POV

After 5 minutes of queuing, Jaejin asked me if I’m really sure about riding this ride, and I said yes. Honestly, I’ve been wanting to ride with him in the Viking ever since I became a Primadonna because I think it’s sweet and everything. But then, it turns out that he’s afraid of heights. He even ran away from his group members just to avoid riding this and picked the one with the revolving tea cups instead.

The man inside the ride told us pick our seat and I quickly went to the end in the left part of the boat.

“Ya! Why are you seating there? I want to be in the middle part.” He said, still not seating beside me.

“Ok! You go seat in the middle and I’ll seat here in the end part. See you later!” not wanting to move an inch from my seat. Then after a few seconds, I feel someone seat beside me.

“If I faint, I’ll blame you for it.” He said. “Mark my words.”

Then after that, the boat started to move lightly. I looked at him and saw that he was closing his eyes so as not to see what was happening.

“Open your eyes Jin or you’ll miss the fun.” He shook his haid. “You look like a kid, seriously.” I chuckled.

“No I’m not.” He said, opening his eyes and suddenly, the boat started to move faster, left to right. “WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” he screamed.

I was looking at him throughout the ride, not wanting to miss anything from his expression. After a few minutes, the ride ended and he was blankly staring in nothingness.

“The ride is done Jin.” I poked him.

“Hey~ Jin?” waving my hands in front of him.

“Ya! Do you want to do another round?? It’s ok for me bu—“ he kissed me. In the lips. Stopping the things I’m about to say.

“That’s what you get for making me ride this and also for making fun of me.” He said, smirking. Then I realized that he just kissed me again.

“That’s not funny!”

“What you did isn’t funny at all too!”

“But.. but what you did is way out of line.” I stammered. My heart keeps on beating faster.

I looked at him then he did that heart fluttering smile of his.

“Let’s go someplace else.. We’re attracting too much attention here.” He said, grabbing my hand just like he did a while ago and entwined it with his. His hand felt so warm and perfect on mine. If only the world will allow, I want to stay like this forever.

I was so busy thinking so I didn’t notice where he’s leading me.

“Where are we going?” I asked, then he pointed at the high, circular ride with individual lanterns (or boxes?) on it.

“Ferris wheel.” He said, smiling.

“I thought you’re afraid of heights?”

“I’m not afraid of this one. Come on.” He said, pulling me to the ride.

---

Not like the Viking, this one doesn’t have much people queuing so we got to ride faster than the other rides that we’ve tried.

We entered the blue lantern (box?) and sat side by side. We we’re silent for a while and just let the comfortable silence fill us.

Should I tell him now that I’m leaving tomorrow? I looked at him and saw that he is looking at the view outside like a little kid, his eyes glowing in excitement.

“You know what? It’s been so long since I ride in a Ferris wheel. The last time was with my noona. She keeps on nagging me about riding this but I always refuse because I’m really afraid of heights. Then one time, she told me that she will tell me a secret if I ride it with her. It took me long before I agreed.” He stopped.

“What did she say to you?” I asked, not knowing where he is leading.

“This was the same lantern that we went on. Color blue, number 16.” He smiled, reminiscing the memory. “This is where she told me that I have been accepted as a trainee at FnC.” Then he looked at me. “Will you stay here in Seoul with me?” he asked.

I was surprised by his statement. I never thought that he will say this because just last night, he stated that he knows that I’ll leave any time soon.

“I can’t.” That’s the only thing I said. I can’t continue being on his side like this. I don’t want to ruin his career or make his fans turn away from him.

He looked at me in the eye and I can see all of his emotions. Surprise, disappointment and sadness is written all over it.

“I can’t be with you Jaejin.” I said. ”I’m just this crazy fangirl who is lucky enough to be with the guy she’s been idolizing all these years. The days that passed have been so much like a dream to me. You’ll never know how happy I am to be this near to you.”

I looked at him and saw him looking outside.

“For these past few years, I’ve been looking for someone who I will love with all my heart. Someone who will be there for me when everything seems so wrong and, she will say that everything will be alright to make me feel better.

I was looking for someone who will be with me when I feel like everything is falling apart and she will be there, holding all the pieces together, helping and loving me unconditionally.

All this time, I have been thinking, will I ever find someone who will love me back because of who I am and not because I am the bassist of a band?

I doubted it until I found you.

When our eyes first met in that ice cream parlor, I instantly feel like I’m drowning in it. And when we first interacted with each other, when Minhwan accidentally put his ice cream on you, I felt like a boy talking with his first crush, asking for a date when all I did was ask if you want to stay with us.

And when our lips first met, I was afraid of the emotions that filled my heart so I ran away, confused.

I didn’t understand all those feelings until now.

Just this time, I want to be selfish. I don’t want you to be like my old relationships, Daphne. I broke up with them because I don’t want them to hurt because I don’t have enough time. But this time, I want you to be here with me even when I don’t have time for you.” He stopped, held my hand and looked into my eye.

“For the first time in my life, I’m asking for someone to stay with me. Daphne, I don’t want you to be hurt and sad because of me. What I’m asking now is the opposite of what I just said, but I will be there with you through it all. I will be here to make your hurt disappear and make your tears into laughter. I can also give up all I have now for us to be happy. I can—“

“Jaejin, stop. Please. You’re making it difficult for me.” I said, stopping his words. I can’t take it anymore. I need to stop this before it’s too late.

“Daphne, don’t you love me?” he said, looking at me in the eye. “Because this heart,” he points at his left chest. “this heart, loves you very very much.”

 

Jaejin’s POV

I was really nervous of what she will say. This is the first time that I ask the girl I love to stay with me even though I know that it will only hurt her. I might be selfish because I asked her to stay with me but just this time, it’s ok to be selfish right? I just don’t want her to disappear, and leave me.

And the next words that came out of crashed all the hope that’s inside of me at that moment.

“I never loved you Jaejin. I just thought.. I do. I only saw you as the bassist of a band that I’ve been idolizing." she stopped. her voice becoming hoarser. "I never saw you as a normal person. I’m sorry.” 

And with her last words, the ride ended and the guy who manages the ride opened the door and I saw her walk away without me doing a thing to stop her.

 

WORD COUNT: 2,558