Chapter 2

Welcome to Exo Planet

Alice woke up appalled, that was the hundredth time she dreamt that. But it felt too real to her, she touched her lips with her index fingers gently. 

She lazily fell back on her bed, she lifted her arms and stretched her hands out to try and touch the wall, but obviously she couldn't do that in that kind of position. 

She sat up straight again and swung her legs to the edge of the bed, she let her feet touched the carpet flooring. She stood up straight and went to her closet, she took her uniform out of the closet and wore it. 

She slipped onto her knee socks, fixed her red tie, button up her white dress shirt and navy blue blazer, and zipped up her red skirt. She combed her dark chocolate brown coloured hair with her fingers and placed a black headband on her head.

She exited her bedroom and went to the kitchen, as she grabbed a carton of milk from the fridge she notices a note on the refrigerator door. 
 

Alice, 

Dongsaeng, your eunnie went to school early, sorry for making you walk alone. 

I'll make it up to you later on. c: 

Saranghae,

Yukino

Alice placed down the note on the kitchen counter and drank from the carton, not caring if she was "infecting" it like how her step sister says. 

She placed the milk back in the refrigerator, slipped on her shoes, grabbed her school bag and exited her house that was strangley next to the woods.

She checked her wrist watch as she still continued to walk to school. 6:00. She then trips over her own foot, luckily she keeps her balance and only manages to stumble. She bends down and ties her shoe properly.

When she was proud of her newly tied shoe she looks up and becomes frightened. A person, as it seems, was wearing a black robe, the hood was up only showing the face. Or...where the face was suppose to be. The thing is...it had no face. No eyes, no mouth, nose, nothing. 

It was just standing in front of her blocking her path. She quickly rubs her eyes and as she looks down and blinks a couple of times, when she looks  up the thing was gone. 

"Omo..." She mumbles, still a bit freaked out. "YAH! ALICE! YAH!" She whips her head around and see her best friend Jessica Jung running towards her. But her eyes rounded when she saw the faceless creature again a couple of feet away behind Jessica.

She shakes her head and when she looks backs to find the creature, it disappeared again. 'Am I mentally unstable or something?' She questions her sanity. 

"YAH!" Jessica yells in her ear. "YAH! WHAT THE HELL?!" Her best friend only giggles innocently and responds back with a high-pitched 'what?' 

She rolls her eyes and looks back where the creature just was, Jessica notices Alice's weird behavior and tries to follow her gaze. "What is it?" She places her hand on her shoulder. "Is it a hot guy?" She jokes. "A-Aniyo. Forget it." Alice says then walks ahead. "Wait for me!"

 ~~~~At School~~~~

Alice pulls back her chair and slumps down on it. Jessica sits next to her and lays her head on the desk. "I can't believe we have Calculus today." Alice nodded and crossed her arms. "I heard we'll have a new student also." Alice shifted in her seat, sitting up straight. "Jinja? Is it a boy or a girl?" Jessica shrugged. "I don't know. Hopefully a boy." She wiggles her eyebrows.

Mrs. Sung, their math professor, strutted into the classroom, holding her books by her side. She set them on her desk and fixed her glasses on her nose bridge. "Class." Everybody went silent. "We have a new student today." She cleared and then a boy with bronze colored skin, brown messy hair came in.

"Omo! He's hot!" Jessica whispered, nudging Alice with her elbow. Alice nodded and continued to observe the boy. She always had a weird habit of noting every single detail of every new person she meets or sees. 

The teacher cleared and began to speak again. "Mr. Kim would you please introduce yourself." The young boy nodded and took a step to the class. "Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Kim Jong In, but some people call me Kai." He bowed. "Please treat me well." And he smirked, making every girl squealing. Well, except Alice who took that he was just another flirt. 

~~~~~After class~~~~~

"OMO! ALICE! I THINK HE LOOKED AT M-" "JESSICA SHUT UP!" Alice yelled. They were at the cafeteria sitting at their usual table. "Arasseo, arasseo. No need to yell." Alice rolled her eyes playfully. "Why aren't you squealing over him anyways?" She shrugged. "He seems like a flirt." Jessica stretched out her arm across the table and lightly pushed Alice by the shoulder. "Yah! Dongsaeng! You know better than to judge people right away." Alice only playfully scoffed, pretending to feel offended. "When did you become my mother?" Jessica smirked and crossed her arms. "Ever since I shared that box of crayons with you since kindergarten." 

Before Alice could reply someone interrupted her. "Uh, excuse me..." Both of the girls looked up and saw Jong In holding his lunch tray. "Is it okay if I sit with you guys?" They both nodded and he sat next to Alice. 

Jessica feeling a bit awkward, she started a conversation. "So...erm..Kai." Kai placed down his chopsticks and hummed. "Er...Where did you come from?" Kai coughed, Alice softly patted his back. "I came from...let's just say, somewhere far away. Really far away." He said a bit nervous. 

While Jessica and Kai were continuing with the conversation, Alice glanced down on her watch. "Jessica, I have to go." Jessica nodded and looked at the wall clock that hung on the cafeteria wall. "Oh, me too. I need to get to Biology class." She stood up, waved good-bye to Kai and Alice, and left. 

She turned to Kai. "What class are you heading to?" Alice asked. He reached for his back pocket and took out a folded piece of paper. He unfolded it and scanned the print. "Third bell right?" She nodded. "Hmm...Dance class." "Jinja? Me too. Let's go together." Kai nodded and threw his trash away.

~~~~Kai's POV~~~~

This girl...Alice. She seems really nice. "So, Kai..." "Yes?" "I just wanted to apologize." We stopped walking and I gave her a confused expression. "Wae?" She looked down at her feet. "Well when I first saw you, I kind of thought of you as a flirt and that you were a shallow person." I chuckled. "It's okay. Everyone does that. I don't really care." 

"Oh, sorry. I just wanted to get that off my ch-" And she stopped speaking. Her movements became still. Kai looked around and saw that one of the highscool boys that exited the cafeteria tripped, but he stayed in the position where he was about to fall. And it hit him.

Time had stopped.

Kai's eyes began to glow gray, he was in a fighting stance. He reached under his shirt and whipped out a dagger. Engraved on the dagger was 'Kim Jong In" on one side and the other 'Exo-K.'

He looked at his wrist and saw that his tattoo of his symbol began to glow. "Only one person can freeze time..." He began to speak, his grip on his dagger tightened. "Tao...show yourself." He growled.

He then suddenly felt someone's breath across his neck. Kai's breath hitched in surprise, and he vanished leaving a gray-ish and black-ish smoke behind. He reappeared at the end of the hall, his eyes glaring at the young lad in a black robe, the hood up. 

"Tao." Kai growled. "Exo-K has tracked you coming in and out of Exoia to this certain location. Why is that? What's your business here?" He raised an eyebrow. 

Tao pulled down his hood revealing his sharp eyes and messy, blonde hair. "I should be asking the questions. Why are you here?" Kai scoffed. "What other reason is there? Suho sent me here to take you back to Exoia. You are interfering with the human world! Our existence must stay a secret!" 

Tao held up his arm and a black, metal, staff shot out mid way. Tao gripped onto it and slammed the of it to the ground. The engravings say 'Huang ZiTao' and 'Exo-M.' "What were you talking about with the girl?" He questioned staring at her. 

Kai tilted his head. "Why? She's simply just my classmate." Tao looked away from the girl and shot a glare to Kai. "I know what you're thinking Kai..." "And what is that?" Kai snapped. "Leave the girl alone. Leave everyone alone. Go back to Exoia." Kai rolled his eyes. "I'm not leaving without you. You broke one of the White Rose Council's laws and must deal with the consequences."

Tao scoffed and his staff dispersed, he put his hood up."The Council is useless now. Our fathers and mothers died at the war, meaning there are no more members of the council." Kai pointed his dagger at Tao. "Members or no members, we follow the laws for our own good...Even if some of the members are traitors." 

Tao's eyes began to glow gray as well. "Exo-M are not traitors. Exo-K are the ones who are guilty, capturing the princess and hiding her." He lied. "Ha! As if. Exo-M are the one who captured her. Your father was the last one to be with her. The King and Queen died at war. The princess was suppose to rule Exoia, but now she's gone. " Kai retorted.

"Don't blame my father for this ." Tao growled between girtted teeth. "If anything he was protecting her." He whispered. 

Kai's eyes rounded. "What was that?"

Tao turned around and began to walk away. "YAH! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOI-" Tao snapped his fingers and he disappeared. Everyone and everything was unfrozen.

Kai quickly put his dagger under his shirt. He pulled out a mirror and stared at this reflection to check if his eyes were still glowing. 

"...chest....Kai?" She finished her sentence then called out his name. "Umm.. yes?" Kai responded back. "How are you at the very end of the hallway? You were just right beside me." She questioned looking next to the empty space right beside her and then back to where Kai was. 

He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and looked around the hallway. But...there in the shadows...was Tao's glowing gray eyes piercing into Kai. Kai caught Tao's glare and smirked. 

"I was just talking to....an old friend." He said and walked back to her. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeonghaseyo.

Welp, hope this is another good chapter. 

I was going to put more into here, but I just decided to make a third chapter instead.

HAHA! So Tao...Why do you think he's there in the school? Looks like he lied to Kai. MWHAHA! CX

Oh and if you still don't get why the last chapter was in italics, it was because it was supposedly a dream. Hehe.

And the new cover was made by Kimchidesu. She's great with covers. Check her out.

Anyways please vote if you like it so far. And please spread the word about the story. I would really appreciate that!