Strange Feelings

His Fearless Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

“Here.” I give the two ziplock bags containing the weapon and the dart to Yura. Yura and I were in my room and I surrender the weapon to her just what I've said to ajhussi. Yura was now staring at the weapon.

“Is this your blood?” she asked when she noticed the dried blood at the peak of the dart.

“Yeah.” I said, nodding. “How did you know?”

She shrugs. “Just a guess.” Yura turned to me. “And you won't let anyone of them get hurt. Besides, if I'm in your situation, I would do the same thing. Well, you know a habit of us.”

“Right. A habit that could kill us.”

On our job, it’s not really necessary for us to risk our lives. All we need to do is to gather data and informations but I think that death would always connect to us.

“So, what shall we do now?” Yura ask me.

“You do your job as a bodyguard and I'll do my job as a maid. Simple as that.”

She looked at me, wide-eyed. “You won't help me?!”

“Why would I? I'm not a detective anymore. I'm a maid now, doing household chores and everything here inside the house.”

“Your boss just fired you but you're still a detective. Since, you're involved here, you should help me!”

I want to laugh with her expression. It’s obvious that she can't do it alone because the task is new to her. It’s not that I don't want to help her but there is something that bothers me--the death threats that I'm receiving.

I didn't tell it to Yura because I don't want to give them another problem. Maybe I could solve my own problem on my own. But of course I can give Yura a hand if she needs it.

I chuckled. “I'm just joking. Of course, I'll help you.”

We heard knocks on the other. “Ji Hye, are you there?” It was Kris.

I opened the door. “Yes? What can I do for you?”

“Can you come with---” Kris stop when he saw Yura behind me. “Who is she? Your friend?”

“Well, sort of. But she's your bodyguard from now on.” I say.

Kris frown. “This girl? Our bodyguard? That's impossible. How will she protect us?”

I feel Yura move behind me and she is now facing Kris. Kris is tall as monster so Yura is now looking up at him. She wears heels and just about Kris' shoulder or maybe below, I estimate. How much when she doesn't wear them? Yura would look like a child beside Kris.

Then suddenly, Yura punch Kris lightly on the stomach that made him crouch. “Don't underestimate me, you giant jerk.”

Kris didn't response, still groaning in pain. “You...! Aww...”

“Just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter