Revelation

His Fearless Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

The knot on her forehead was still visible after discovering another ‘death threat’ an hour ago that night. The same red ink, same font, same paper. Maybe the same sender also. The death threat was typewritten so she had no idea who the hell would send it to EXO’s dorm. Even if it was handwritten she wouldn’t know where the threat came from.

She read it. “COME BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM. IF NOT, YOU’RE DEAD. OR THEY’RE DEAD.”

Only now that she realized that the death threat was for her. She didn’t know with the other one but the death threat today, for sure, was for her.

And where would she come back? To her elementary school? High school? To her previous house? But why? Did she forget something there? She doesn’t remember anything. Besides, she doesn’t want to leave. She already liked it there. She found a new family and she’s happy with them.

The weapons from the last time caught her eyes. She picks it and gaze at it. Her dried blood was still visible at the dart. There are possibilities that she was really the target, not Suho. Seeing the latest death threat, all her guess could be true. She has to make a decision if she should stay or not. If she would leave, the safety of the boys would be assured. But if she chooses to stay, she has to make plans to keep them safe.

She heard knocks at her door. “Ji Hye, are you there?”

It was Suho. She open the door for him. “It's late, Suho. Why aren't you sleeping already?”

“Yeah. It's already late and Kyungsoo haven't coming back. I'm worried. Can you come with me outside and wait for him?”

“Okay.” it's good that she hadn't change her clothes.

They stay at the garden and chatting while waiting for D.O. Suho was really nice as well as the other members. That's why she didn't want to leave there. But the death threat was bothering her because it holds the members life and death. There were only two choices: it's either she stay or leave.

She stopped thinking to her anxiety,temporarily, when Suho spoke. “You have to be careful, Ji Hye.” What? Did he know already that I'm receiving death threats? But when? “We're actually in danger?” he added.

“What? Why are you in danger?”

It looked like Suho was having second thought on telling her the problem but in the end he tell the story. “Do you know the news about the celebrities being poisoned and in critical condition now?” she shook her head. But it was familiar to her. She thinks that same news was spreading to her previos office but she was wondering if it was the same. “One of our seniors in Super Junior was the latest victim. That was less than one month ago.”

Though she already knew what he would say next, she still asked. “So?”

“There are suspicions that we were the next target. More likely, Sehun. But of course, we shouldn't be relieved that our maknae was the only target. Who knows? What if it's just a bluff? We should watch each other. That's why I am very worried that D.O isn't home yet.”

Yeah. She remembered. On her previous work, that news was really spreading fast. The case was fatal that her co-workers was turning their head away when it was mentioned. Actually, she wanted the case back then. But our chief didn't gave it to her. They choose the skilled and the best detectives to solve the case but they only end up dying. If she remembered, their agency was the last agency that EXO's company asked to solve the case. Since she left their agency, she doesn't know if their company asked again another agency to do the job. Their company already asked all the best detective agencies in the country, their agency was the last and the always the same aftermath. What more if they asked a weak agency?

“But our company already hired bodyguards for us. They will start one of these days.” So they already hired bodyguards. Instead of just doing some investigations, it's good that they give bodyguards to them to assure their safety. “So, you should be careful since you're with us.”

“What are you two doing here?”

They turned to the guy who suddenly spoke. It was Kyungsoo but there was another man beside him which was not familiar to her. And she doesn't like him. “Why are you late? And hyung, why are you the one who send D.O here? Ji Hoon-hyung could do it.”

“Well, I heard that you had a new maid. I just want to greet her. And why didn't you tell me about it?” he said while gazing intently at her.

She noticed that the boys were frozen. “W-were sorry hyung. We thought that you already know that's why we didn't mention it.” Suho introduced us to each other. “Hyung, she is Kim Ji Hye, our maid. And Ji Hye, he is Kang Joon-hyung, our manager.”

“You have two managers?”

“Actually we have plenty of them.”

She noticed that their manager reached his hand to her, initiating a handshake so she accepted it. But she nearly screamed when he hardly gripped her hand. It really hurts that she could punch him if only Suho and Kyungsoo weren’t there.

She gave him a smug smile. “Nice to meet you.” she said then gripped his hand hardly as if she's crumpling a paper. She didn't even bother bowing her head to him. The man was already wearing a rumpled face.

Her eyebrows rose upward to him still giving him a smug smile. You don't know what I'm capable of, she thought to herself.

There was only one thing that she was sure of. This man was dangerous. Very dangerous.

***

Ji Hye was still groggy when she walked out of her room. She couldn't sleep well last night because the death threat was yet troubling her and EXO's manager who she had a cold war with plus her aching hands.

She was walking in the living room while massaging and stretching her arms when she noticed D.O leaving the house. She called him. “Kyungsoo, where are you going?”

Turning to me with swollen eyes, it's obvious that he just woke up like her. He was just wearing his hoodies, pants, and rubber shoes. “Buy groceries.”

“Can I come with you?”

She thought that Kyungsoo wouldn't want her to come with him because it takes five seconds before he answered. “Suit yourself.” he didn't directly said that she could come but she took it as a yes.

But before she could prepare herself, D.O was already closed the door. “Ah! W-wait for me! Tss! Really, this guy is so...!” she quickly ran towards the door to catch up to D.O. Good thing that she was already dressed when she got out of her room.

D.O was now walking in the wide road of that village, didn't even bother to wait for her. Well, she was just the one who insists to come with him so D.O was not obliged to wait for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter