The Boys

His Fearless Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

I saw myself walking in that deserted street after being kicked out and got jobless

“Of all time, why I have to be jobless today? Today, that I badly need money.” I said to myself, frustrated and let out a harsh sigh.

I would be kicked out in my apartment if I don't pay for my rental this month. And I didn't pay my rental last month. Maybe I would definitely be kicked out tonight. Good thing I didn't went home yet, I would just embarrassed myself in front of the landlady.

I got kicked out from my job and now in my apartment.

What an unlucky lady I am.

I looked up in the sky.

“I just want to live my life peacefully. Why don't You give it to me?” I said, still looking in the sky, as if waiting for an answer. “I don't want to go to Your place. I might be kicked out too.”

Argh! I must be really crazy! Talking to myself!

I want to blame my byuntae boss for making me jobless because I failed to do my job on hunting his wife's other man

Huh! He deserves it! He really had guts to got angry to his wife for having an affair with other man when he, himself is having an affair with his secretary. I really want to throw up when I saw him and his secretary one time making out inside the conference room. It was just so disgusting! He even tried to seduced me before and he's not a little bit attractive.

Actually, I didn't look for his wife's affair because the woman doesn’t really had one. It's just my boss' imagination because he is actually having it, the affair thing. I want to pity the woman. So much for a martyr.

I stopped thinking of my erted boss and focus on how I could survive.

Then an idea suddenly popped up in my mind.

Business! I will put up a business!

But my lightened up face disappeared when I realized that I didn’t have a thing for business. I’m not a business woman. I’m not into making money. That's why I took up a Criminology course and graduated with flying colors. I want some action! I want a work that could challenge me!

I’m still thinking of a possible job that would suit me while walking in the deserted street when I saw people across the road. Is there a fight?

The curious me, crossed the road running and saw that the people was circling a man holding his bag. The man is really afraid of the gangster people. He's shaking.

I made my face innocent before butting in.

“Hey! Wazzup!” I said cheerfully to them with my hands in front of me giving them a rock 'n roll sign. They gave me an is-she-crazy look. Sh*t! I looked like an idiotic drunk girl. But this is fun!

“And who are you?” one of the gangster asked.

“Are you the companion of this scaredy cat?” the other one said pointing the shaking guy.

I frowned. These gangsters looked like younger than the guy they were bullying. Rather they were minors.

So you don't have manners for the elders, huh? I'll give you some proper lessons of character education.

“No. I’m just a passerby.” I said innocently. I saw the lightened up face of the guy disappeared. He must really thought that I would save him.

“If you're not his companion, then just leave. We don't have business with you.” the tall gangster said. He must be the leader. Just a guess.

The tall guy ignored me as well as his comrades and continued bullying the scaredy guy.

I rolled my eyes. Where’s the manner, kiddos?!

“But I do.” I suddenly bring out something in my back pocket and point it towards them.

The pile of people looked at the thing that's pointing towards them, shocked. Even the tall and scared looking guy was taken aback. Frozen.

WAHAHA! LET IT GO! LET IT GO! CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE!

“A-a g-gun!” at last, one of them dared to speak. I glanced at the bullied guy. He was even more shocked.

“Yes, a gun.” I casually said giving them a sweet smile. “And if you don't free that guy, I will shoot every one of you. Just so you know, I’m a fast and a sharp shooter.”

I started walking in circle, making them follow where the gun points. Until I reached the bullied guy, blocking him from the gangsters.

“Soooo, will you go home, do your assignments, and be a good child to your parents?” I asked sweetly.

They started stepping backwards and suddenly they spread everywhere, running to their homes.

After they disappeared. I laughed at my heart's content until I think I’m losing my breath. I calmed a little and realized that the guy was still in state of shock at my back. I turned to him. He startled.

“Chogiyo, Ajhussi, Kwenchana?” (Excuse me, Mister, are you alright?) I said to the guy.

He nodded and looked to what I’m holding. “Is that real?”

I looked at the gun.”This one? Of course not. I don't bring gun in public, unless, it's necessary. This is just a pellet gun. Can be harmful, though.” I said and bring it again in my back pocket.

He let out a sigh of relief. I helped him to stand up.

“I’m really thankful for saving me from those brats. What is your name?”

“I’m Kim Ji Hye. Just call me Ji Hye.” I said and gave him a shy smile.

Shy? This is so not me.

“Okay. Would you want something in exchange? I mean, I want to repay you something for saving me. I ask you because I don't know what to give you.”

He didn't sound arrogant but his offer is really inviting. And I’m liking that.

I just thought of something.

I gave him an evil smile.

“I want a place to live and a job.”

***

I went home happily and packed my things. I would start tomorrow in my new job. The job that I got was not my usual type of job. It's definitely different, but, so what? Im going to have a new experience.

 And my job is..... an all-around maid!

This is very challenging for me since I didn't know any household chores. For real.

I only packed my clothes because those are only the things in my apartment. No kitchen utensils, pan, gas stove, gas tank, refrigerator, dining table. I only had a one-seater sofa. No television, I already had in my cellphone.

The reason why I didn't had any kitchen utensils and other appliance was I barely came home. Im always in my office because of the demands in my profession. I would always ate at fastfood chains since I didn't know how to cook.

As for not having a television, It just so happened that I only want news, and I would'v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter