CHAPTER 8

Me & Proposal Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you really want to know?” Jiyong take a deep breath, “I….she got pregnant. At that time I wasn’t ready. So,I…..i told her to get an abortion. But she refused. I pushed her down the stairs. I just wanted the baby to be lost. But things didn’t go the way I wanted. They both died..” Jiyong suddenly closed his eyes with his hands. Bom who was shocked to hear his story then put her hand on his shoulder trying to calm him.

After almost 1 minute in a silence Jiyong suddenly burst out laughing. “Shocked?” he ask Bom. “Did you think it was real?” Jiyong keep laughing, but Bom's face still looks surprised, does not change at all.

She also removed her hand from Jiyong's shoulder and turned her sight straight ahead. “Hey I’m just kidding..” said Jiyong again while laughing as he shake Bom shoulder. “Ya, you take things too seriously..” he said again.

Jenny went back to look at Jiyong with a serious face, “How could you make fun of those kinds of things?” Jiyong laughing face was lost when look at Bom serious face and felt like crying.

“I’ve lost two babies during pregnancy. This is the saddest thing that happened to me in my life. To this day, I’m still having nightmares about it when I sleep..”
Jiyong who heard that feel sorry to Bom even he’s more surprised.

But suddenly Bom burst out laughing, same as Jiyong earlier. “Gotcha! You look silly!” Pabo..Pabo..hahaha”

“Y-YAAAA!!!” Jiyong put his hands on Bom’s arm and tickle her. In the end, both of them are laughing because their silly stories. They’re so happy. Tonight will be a memorable night for Bom.

*****

This morning Bom and Jiyong were on their way to somewhere. Because they don’t know exactly where’s the place, so Bom was trying call someone as they look at the map.

“Wait, turn right at the second junction then, oh! Ok ok I almost there… Uhm, Mingki-ya  is it ok to bring my friend?”

Then Jiyong interrupted Bom, “Is it really ok? I’m not invited.”

Bom keep away the phone from her a bit, “It’s ok, I invited you to go..” then she put the phone back ant talk with Minzy. “Hello, uhuh Mingki, maybe this sounds crazy now, but can you do something for me?.....”

After a few hours they arrive at Minzy place. This morning when Bom wake up, she got a message from Minzy and she said tonight her parents invited her to dinner together at her house because tomorrow is Minzy’s wedding.

Bom can see Minzy wave her hands to them, as well as her parents. Jiyong park his car then Bom get off the car immediately and run to Minzy and give her hug.

“Mingki-ya, how are you? Are you excited?” ask Bom while release her embrace.

“Of course! Hahaha….” Said Minzy, both of them are so happy to see each other.

“Oh! Uncle and Aunt Gong nice to see you. I missed you..” said Bom as she hug both of them alternately.

“So, who is this handsome guy?” ask Minzy’s mom as she glanced towards Jiyong.

“Ahh, uhmm he’s Jiyong..” Bom introduce Jiyong to Minzy and her parents.

“Hi, I’m Kwon Jiyong. Nice to meet you..” he said in politely even he’s bowing 90 degree and smile brightly.

“I’ll explain later, ok?” said Bom whisper to Minzy.

“Omo, so cute..” said Minzy’s mom, pat Jiyong shoulder. 

During the dinner with Minzy parents make Jiyong and Bom nervous. Minzy’s dad ask Jiyong to drink soju. Meanwhile, Bom and Minzy in the kitchen are preparing desserts.

“I don’t get it. Unni, you mean this is arrange marriage? You have been engaged to him but that is only because there is something behind your engagement?” ask Minzy confusedly.

“Uh…it’s..” Bom mumbled, don’t know how to explain to her because it will be a long story.

“It’s…” Minzy’s waiting for Bom answer.

How do I explain this? It’s just a…Uhm…” Bom more confused.

“Ahh, probably you start to like him?” ask Minzy.

“No, I can’t ever like him. He’s…not my type.”  

“So, you just do it for…?” said Minzy again and this time it makes Bom shock.

“?! No! I..Mingki-ya I’m not like that. Eish, how could you think of unni like that?” Bom in a desperate now because of Minzy perception to her.

After have a long talk in the kitchen, they’re heading to dining room bring the desserts. “Jjan, the desserts is ready…” said Minzy.

Bom and Minzy put the desserts on the table. There are a lot of desserts on the table. “Please enjoy…” said Bom.

“Woah, you made all of this?” ask Minzy’s dad after try one of the desserts.

“We made it by our self with a bit help from omma recipe book haha…”  said Minzy.

“Wah, this yumilgwa (made by deep-frying a mixture of grain flour and honey) so delicious..” said Jiyong suddenly.

“You know, that’s Bom who made it. She cooked that yumilgwa..” said Minzy.

“Ah, ani..! I just helped pick this, pick that. That’s all..” said Bom shyly.

“Ah.. I knew it!” said Jiyong as he continued eat again. It makes Bom annoyed with his response. “Everything’s so good..” he said again.

“You really like it, Jiyong-ah?” ask Minz’s mom, then Jiyong nods to response her.

“Then, tell your wife to cook..” said Minzy’s dad as he glance to Bom. After heard that Bom get choking then she looking at Jiyong, as well as him.

“No..no..no…” they say it together.

“Omma, they’re…” WhenMinzy want to told her parents something suddenly Bom feed her something.

“Waa, Mingki try this one! How is it? Yummy, right?” Bom give Minzy death glare.

“Not wife, we’re… friend.”Meanwhile Jiyong try to explain to Minzy parents.

“Eyy, it’s impossible. So, are you come here for honeymoon, right? Aigoo…” said Minzy’s mom again. Minzy was laugh looking at Jiyong and Bom.

After dinner done, Jiyong and Bom were in the room to rest. Because Minzy parents thought they were husband and wife, they told them to be in one room. Jiyong was sitting on the porch and then Bom appeared with a towel on her head because she had just finished bathing.

“Where’s Minzy?” ask Jiyong.

“She’s already sleep now. She’s afraid she won’t look pretty tomorrow..” said Bom as she sit beside him.

There’s an awkward moment between them. “So, you must be happy for her because she’s getting married..” said Jiyong.

“Of course! I’m happy for her. I remember when she’s always hang around me, so cute and now she’s a woman..” said Bom with smile on her face.

“Then how about your friend Dara? You close to her too..” ask Jiyong excited.

“Uhm, She’s hahaha.. if Minzy’s a very lovable person, so that I can talk to her about a lot of things. Even that cinema kiss incident ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter