Game for Answers

Hired Lover

"It's done. Come eat." Taeyeon stared at the bowl of noddles before her.

 

"Sorry if it doesn't suit your fancy taste but it edible." Jessica said, when Taeyeon hadn't touch her noodles yet. Taeyeon nodded, picking up the chopsticks, giving the noddles a try. The noddle wasn't the problem, she just wasn't sure whether she should ask Jessica about Yuri and their "relationship".

 

The two silently ate. The only sound in the room were the occasionally slurping noises. Taeyeon would time to time glance at Jessica, just to catch glimpse of her, blowing at the noodle or in other words staring at her lips. Taeyeon gulped at the sight, how can something so simple seem so tempting. She wanted nothing more than to kiss Jessica's luscious lips, but not right at that moment. She had more important things to clarify.

 

"Umm... Jessica?"

 

"Hmm." Jessica was still occupied with her noddles. She hadn't ate since yesterday night and at the moment she wanted nothing more than to finish her instant noddles. Taeyeon fidgeted in her seat, she didn't know why she was having problems with this, she didn't know why she couldn't confront the older woman about it. She took a deep breath and stared into Jessica's eyes, who frowned at the serious look.

 

"What's with that look?"

 

"What's your relationship with Yuri?"

 

Silence.

 

"I'm sorry what was that again?" Jessica asked genuinely confused. Here she thought the midget was drunk yesterday, maybe she was sober enough to see the interaction between them. No that couldn't be it.

 

"She sent you a message."

 

"You look through my phone?" Jessica stated, offended that Taeyeon just went through her privacy like it didn't matter, and message from Yuri, what in the world was she talking about.

 

"No." Taeyeon quickly denied. "The message just popped up and I just happen to see it." She explained in a panic tone. What in the world are you getting all worked up for? Taeyeon mentally scolded herself. It seemed as if she was just a child caught in a troublesome act by her mother. 

 

Jessica still had a suspicious look on her face, but she decided to let it go. "There's nothing between us." 

 

"Are you sure? She said something about owing her food." 

 

"What about it? Whether she and I have something going on or not, I'm sure it has nothing to do with you."

 

"It does!" Taeyeon unconsciously raised her voice, she didn't quite understand it herself, but she didn't like the fact that Jessica and Yuri were interacting with each other. "I pay you to be my girlfriend. It's odd for you to run around with some other girl!"

 

"Girlfriend?" Jessica rolled her eyes and bit back a scoff. "Who was the one who introduced me as her friend yesterday?"

 

"It was the spur of the moment,"

 

"If you're so fond of Tiffany and she's your fiancee why do you even need me?" Finally the question that had been on her mind all night had been let out, now all that she needed was an answer.

 

"She's not my fiancee." Jessica masked her sense of relief, Taeyeon gave Jessica's a long hard stare, deciding whether she should continue or not.

 

"Then what is she?" Jessica question, curiosity killed a cat, but who cares. "Why didn't you ask her to be your pretend girlfriend. You seem to like her and vice versa. Why do you need me? Is there a problem with her or do you just enjoy throwing your money around?" And playing with people's feelings, Jessica wanted to add.

 

"Aren't you asking a little too much questions?"

 

"Are you going to answer them?"

 

"Isn't it unfair that I'm the only one giving answers?"

 

"Let's exchange answers then." Jessica offered. She didn't want to be desperate for answers but she was curious about Taeyeon, and she was sure the teen had many questions in mind to ask her. "You can ask three questions. In return I get three. Deal?" Taeyeon thought about it.

 

"Deal! I'll ask first." Taeyeon said. Jessica nodded in agreement, motioning for the girl to continue.

 

"Why are you texting Yuri? What's your relationship?"

 

"She texted me because I owe her for helping me out yesterday. Like I said before there's nothing going on between us." Jessica explained in one breath. "That's two question, you got one left."

 

"Hey! That's not fair." Taeyeon protested. "That was suppose to be only one question."

 

"Too bad." Jessica stuck her tongue out at Taeyeon. "Next."

 

"You're so childish, arguing with a kid." Taeyeon puffed up her cheeks, giving her next and final question a lot a thought. "Wha... no You.. that's not it..." Jessica giggled at Taeyeon's behavior, sometimes she found Taeyeon's attitude to be purely adorable. "Ah! Why did you agree to my offer?"

 

"You mean to be your girlfriend?" Taeyeon nodded. "For money."

 

"Duh. Is there any other reason?"

 

"Your three questions are up."

 

"But you didn't answer my question!"

 

"I did, you just didn't specify on your questions. It's not my fault."

 

"That's cheating." Taeyeon pouted and sulked in her chair, disappointment was evident on her face, she had three chances to get something out of Jessica but in the end she basically got no answers. Jessica secretly smiled at Taeyeon's pout, she composed herself from letting out a squeal and pinch the girl's cheek.

 

"It's for my sister." Jessica answered giving in to Taeyeon's cute helpless act. "I need money to support her. College fees aren't cheap."

 

"You don't seem like the type to be a responsible older sister," Jessica shrugged.

 

"Probably because I'm not. I feel like I need her more than she needs me. She's like the string that ties me to reality." 

 

"Does she not live with you?"

 

"In the dorms. She comes back occasionally during her breaks." Jessica frowned. "Yah! Your questions are up! Why are you still asking me!" Taeyeon grinned innocently.

 

"You're the one who answers. Anyway your turn. I pretty sure you have lots to ask."

 

"Tiffany. Who is she to you? And why do you guys act so close." Jessica went straight to the point and Taeyeon had that question coming, she tried to figure out a simple way of explaining their complicated relationship.

 

"Tiffany was drunk yesterday, don't take it so personal." Taeyeon explained, "She was just drunk talking."

 

"You're not answering the question." Jessica leaned back into the chair crossing her arms.

 

"She's... my ex-girlfriend."

 

"But she's so clingy to you."

 

"We broke it off because we had too much conflict and trust issues. So now we're just friends who are close."

 

"But the way she acts clearly shows she's still lik- love you. And you too."

 

Taeyeon shrugged. "Maybe we just couldn't tell the difference between being best friends and lovers, and without understanding we concluded we loved each other, but realized maybe we're better off as friends. Sometimes I don't even know anymore." Taeyeon caught herself rambling on about their complicated relationship. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go all weird on you."

 

"It's okay."

 

"I just want someone to listen and not judge me at the same time."

 

The two sat in moments of silence. Not awkward silence but just relaxing comforting, giving them time to sort out their thoughts about each other.

 

"Next question. Why did you choose me?"

 

"Your questioning are done."

 

"That was only one question."

 

"No that wasn't! That was like a lot in one!"

 

"Was it my fault that you just kept on rambling on about your personal life?"

 

"Doesn't matter, that still was like a lot of questions so we're kind of fair."

 

"How is that fair? I demand my 2 chances back!"

 

"LALALALALA!" Taeyeon covered her ears. "Can't hear you!"

 

"Kim Taeyeon! You're so immature!"

 

"I prefer the term dorky." Taeyeon gave a grin, Jessica just gave a I can't believe you smile.

 

Hearts fluttered.

 

It seemed the moment was so peaceful and everlasting. Taeyeon wished the moment would never end it felt like the whole world had cease to exist just the two of them, but in a matter of seconds Taeyeon's phone rang, snapping the two out of their daze. Taeyeon muttered curses under her breath, reminding herself next time to keep her phone on silence.

 

"Hello?"

 

"YAH! KIM TAEYEON! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" Taeyeon winced at the loudness of her brother's voice, moving the phone away from her ears.

 

"At a Jessica's-"

 

"JESSICA? YOU MEAN YOUR GIRLFRIEND? ARE YOU USING PROTECTION?" Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

"Oppa! Did have you forgotten, we're both girls."

 

"So what? You better come home right now. Mom is going to so kill you."

 

"Now I really don't want to go home." Taeyeon could only imagine the hell her mother is going to put her through once she gets home. She hung up.

 

"Leaving?"

 

"I want a kiss." Taeyeon pointed to her lips. Jessica rolled her eyes. 

 

"Aren't you in a hurry?"

 

"I might not make it back alive. And I want you to kiss me since I always initiated."

 

Jessica gave a sigh before walking over to Taeyeon and giving her a peck on the lips, head hung in embarrassment afterwards, but Taeyeon pulled her closer unsatisfied with the kiss. Crashing their lips together once more, Taeyeon tries to dart her tongue into Jessica's mouth but Jessica had clamped shut. Taeyeon pulled away frowning.

 

"You should probably go. I don't want your parents breaking down my door."

 

Taeyeon grunt at Jessica's rejection. "Fine. But you can't go have lunch with Yuri."

 

"I promised her."

 

"I'm not asking you. I'm telling you. Now promise me you won't go."

 

Jessica pushed Taeyeon towards the door. "I don't make promise I can't keep."

 


 

How's the update? Just Taengsic here :p

I'll probably add jealous Taeyeon next chapter for those of you who want jelly Taeng ^^

Hope you enjoyed. Please comment.

TBC