Troublemaker

Hired Lover

Taeyeon aimlessly drew in her notebook, it had been the week of her final, and all she did was study. Normally she would just wing her exams and pray she get a passing mark but this time Tiffany made sure she studied. To top off the the already annoying situation she hadn't seen Jessica in about three days.

 

"Hey Tae! Are you listening?" Taeyeon lifted her head from her notebook and laid her eyes on Tiffany.

 

"Yeah, I am." Taeyeon gave Tiffany a bored look, but Tiffany returned it was a stern expression.

 

"Your mom expects you to pass this time."

 

"Yeah, yeah." 

 

"Don't yeah yeah me. You haven't done a single problem."

 

Taeyeon got off her chair and dropped herself on Tiffany's bed. "I know that." Tiffany sighed at the uncooperative girl, well she should have known Taeyeon wasn't going to listen to her in the first place. Taeyeon was never a school person, or a study person or a working person in general. Tiffany stared at Taeyeon who was texting away on her phone.

 

"Jessica?" Tiffany rhetorically asked, without looking at her Taeyeon nodded her head. Tiffany rolled her eyes when she saw Taeyeon expression change into a love struck idiot. "She's your girlfriend right?"

 

"Hmm." Taeyeon hummed in reply, still giving her phone her undivided attention. 

 

"Are you keeping something from me Tae?" The unsuspected question finally got Taeyeon to look her way, her face gave Tiffany a confused vibe. "Are you?"

 

"Why?" Taeyeon shifted her gaze back to her phone, her voice calm and relaxed, not the reaction Tiffany had been expecting when she planned out confronting Taeyeon about the whole Jessica situation.

 

"Jessica." Tiffany started. "I never heard about her until that day at the party. And that time she supposedly wasn't your girlfriend but the next she all of a sudden was. I thought you never kept secrets from me Tae." Tiffany took a short stop in her deduction, waiting for a reaction of some sort. "Jessica couldn't have all of a sudden shown up in your life, and even if she did, it probably won't ever happen again, considering your trust issues both your lives probably won't ever intersect."

 

"So what's your point?" 

 

"She's not your girlfriend, is she?" 

 

Taeyeon bit her tongue, well Tiffany definitely became smarter since their childhood. Now the question was to continue her lie with a bigger lie or to spill the beans and hope the girl won't freak out on her. She peeked at Tiffany who was patiently waiting for an answer. 

 

"Have you been reading mystery novels?'' Taeyeon joked, trying to weave herself out of the situation but having Tiffany continue to stare down at her means the joke wasn't funny enough to save her from hell. Clearing , "Umm... you want the truth?"

 

"No Tae I want you to continue to lie." 

 

"When did you become so sarcastic? Is it Sunny?" Again, the joke she cracked to loosen the tension failed. "Uhm...sorry."

 

"Is she even from a wealthy family?" 

 

"No" Taeyeon meekly replied.

 

"Figures. I searched for her family and no results came up," Tiffany shook her head at her friend's carelessness. "Don't you think you're parents might do the same thing. I mean they did cancel the engagement because of you two."

 

"If they did, I'd probably already been married off." Taeyeon uttered. Now that she was listening to Tiffany, she realized she didn't cover her tracks at all, she could be caught at any moment and Jessica would disappear right before her eyes.

 

"You're not paying her, are you?" And bull eyes. Taeyeon shifted her gaze to anywhere put Tiffany's accusing eyes. "I'm right aren't I?" Taeyeon meekly nodded. Tiffany rubbed her temple. "Again? You can't just take sudden interest in people then pay them to be your lover. Money can't buy a person's affection."

 

"Maybe not for you." Taeyeon retorted in a low voice, staring at the floor.

 

"Moneys not everything and you of all people should know that." Tiffany paused waiting for Taeyeon to reply but the girl simply rolled over on the bed. "Is this about that girl you-"

 

"STOP!" Tiffany flinched at Taeyeon's screaming tone. Okay maybe she had been a tad bit insensitive about the upbringing of the subject but Taeyeon need to something to wake her up from her delusion.

 

"I just don't want to see you hurt....again." Tiffany whispered, now Taeyeon couldn't stop the guilt eating her away, Tiffany was only trying to understand her, to help her and she had gone all crazy on her.

 

"I know what I'm doing." Taeyeon assured.

 

"Do you?" Tiffany questioned. Taeyeon felt hesitant to answer. How many times had she questioned herself about Jessica, money got her everything and she had plenty to spare but she was playing with her own feelings, why did she have to get attached so easily.

 

"I have a reason to pay her though."

 

"There are plenty of other girls out there willing to date you, why her?" 

 

Taeyeon covered her face with a pink pillow and let out frustrated exhale. "I don't know." The shorter girl gave a muffled reply. Tiffany sighed. The conversation was basically an endless loop. Taeyeon can be such a stubborn girl sometimes, even when they were "dating". Not just stubborn the girl was practically a metal box wrapped in chains, closed off with a complicated lock. It's impossible to open.

 

"Fine." Tiffany sighed in defeat. "Let's just drop this topic...but you better get over here and finish that worksheet."

 

Taeyeon groaned once more. "I don't see how it will benefit me at all."

 

"Uhh...I don't know...." Tiffany place a finger under her chin. "Maybe because it might just help you pass your FINALS!" Taeyeon covered her ears at the booming voice, unwilling she got up.

 



 

Jessica rolled around on her bed. Time was basically just numbers in her life now. Since she quit her job and Taeyeon hadn't ask any "favors" from her, time has offically just become numbers. And to be honest she might just sort of miss that spoiled, erted midget. She had been messaging Taeyeon until a while ago. The girl claimed that she was kidnapped by Tiffany but Jessica was sure she was fine, what could Tiffany possibly do to her.

 

She laid around some more. Maybe she should get some sleep, again. Or was it a good idea to get up and take a shower and not look like a bum for another day. Jessica weighed hard on those two choices. Yep. Sleep it is. Shower could always come later. Just when Jessica was about to drift off into slumber her phone rang, starling her awake. She felt around for the annoying device.

 

"Hello.." 

 

"Unnie?" A familiar voice came through the speaker, clearing her groggily mind.

 

"Soojung?!" Jessica was now, sitting up straight wide awake at her baby sister's voice. It had been practically a year since the younger Jung had call her and she had missed her dearly. "Oh my god! I missed you so much. Yah! Why didn't you ever call me!"

 

"Calm your , Unnie." On the other line Krystal rolled her eyes at her sister's sudden mood swing, guess some things never change.

 

"What did you just say?!" Jessica's mouth dropped at her sister's language. "Yah! Jung Sooj-"

 

"Are you gonna continue to argue with me over the phone or come pick me up?"

 

"This isn't arguing,  I w-" Jessica paused for a moment. "Wait did you just say come pick you up?"

 

Krystal rolled her eyes at her sister's slowness. "Yes, Unnie. I'm at the airport at the right now." 

 

"Really?! Oh my gosh! Soojung this is great. " Jessica squealed while jumping up and down on her bed, OMG. "Okay I'll send you the address so don't get lost coming here."

 

"Hold the fu-"

 

"Soojung!" Being the older sister, Jessica was always cautious of her sister's language, although the younger Jung would always argue back saying she learned it from her, but of course Jessica simply put that aside as nonsense.

 

Krystal bit back a snort and a smartass comment. "What do you mean "I'll send you the address.."?! Shouldn't you be a responsible older sister and come pick me up!"

 

"Aww. I'm flattered you think I could drive, I don't mean to bring your hopes down or anything but you are coming here yourself." Jessica emphasized yourself, just in case Krystal couldn't catch that part.

 

"Unnie!" Krystal whined. "You can't be serious."

 

"I don't kid around." Jessica said with complete seriousness on her face even though Krystal couldn't see anyway.

 

"I hate you." Krystal groaned.

 

"I love you too Soojung-ah." Jessica cooed. "Now for the address....."

 



 

"Wah! This place seem to just get older and older and older." Krystal spoke with amazement and glanced back at her sister. "Just like some old lady I know."

 

"Excuse me? What was that?" Jessica narrowed her eye's at her sister who look away, whistling to some odd tone. After moments wondering around the house, being the older of the two Jessica helped her sister unpack her clothes to a room reserved for Krystal.

 

"So.. I see life has been unkind to you." Krystal spoke out of the blue, making her older sister throw her a questioning face, "I mean look at you! You look like you've been living in a pile of your own filth for days! Did you get fired or something?"

 

"I was going to shower until you called....." Jessica lied. "And no. I quitted my old job...for a new one...."

 

"How come I didn't know about this?"

 

"Probably cuz you never call?" Jessica retorted, putting away the last of Krystal's clothing. "How long are you staying?" 

 

"Probably for 2 weeks till class start again. Aren't you happy to spend time with me?" Krystal beamed, Jessica was about to embrace her sister into a tight hug, but  Krystal dodged it a lightning speed. "Hey!"

 

"Shower first Unnie. I do not need a whiff of... that." Krystal gestured Jessica's current state.

 

"Fine. Make yourself comfortable."

 

"Is there food?" Krystal made her way towards the kitchen, while Jessica got ready for a shower.

 

"Instant noodles." Of course.

 

"Typical." 

 

"Don't judge me."

 



 

Krystal sat by the kitchen table waiting on her noddles. Staring at the cup of noddles before her, she wondered how her sister manage to survive with her in the States. No wonder she was so skinny despite never working out. Her stomach grumbled.

 

"Can this thing go any faster?" Krystal complained to the noddles before her. "Ah.. 3 minutes.." She picked her chopsticks and just when she was about to eat the door bell rang. Krystal groaned in annoyance as she made her way towards the door. She opened the door to a girl around her sister's height and beautiful too. Who was she?

 

"I'm looking for Jessica." The girl panted like she had just ran here.

 

"Why?"

 

"Who are you?"

 

Krystal crossed her arms. "I should be asking that. Why are you looking for Jessica?"

 

"Because I need to see her." Taeyeon groaned at the bothersome girl at the door. "Who hell are you?"

 

"I'm her girlfriend." Krystal replied nonchalantly and Taeyeon's jaw dropped at the sudden confession. What did she just say?!

 



 

Dun Dun Dun Dunnn! Cliffhanger! I'm finally done with all my test! YAY Now I can live like a free person! Anyways I saw the whole Taeyeon dating thingy and I was just like say what but since Jessica's my ultimate bias it didn't really uhm affect me that much? Anyways here's a chapter to cheer all you people up even though it doesn't have any Taengsic but on the bright side there's some jungsis and taeny interaction. Next chappie I promise more Taengsic.

Kay cheers to another update~~ is the story getting confusing or nah? Also thanks to all the new subscribers and upvotes XD. Thanks for your support and I'll update soon~~~ Also comment please I love reading them!