Clear Confused Feeling

Hired Lover

Taeyeon stared at her phone wallpaper since she had arrived at home, a picture she had secretly taken when Jessica was in her sleep. Her eyes wonder through Jessica's fair skin, long eyelashes, a peaceful facial laid cross her face. She couldn't contain her grin that spread like wildfire.

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes, mind drifted into a memory so fresh, so familiar. The day had gone by like she had been drunk, the time they shared in bed was almost like a blur, but Taeyeon could distinctively make out the soft moans and whimpers Jessica made. The heat that emitted from both their bodies or their sweaty....

 

She quickly opened her eyes and drew a shaky breath, she swallow her saliva that accumulated in hard. And tossed her phone aside. It was like going through puberty all over again. Taeyeon couldn't help it, she craved for attention, for warmth, for and it couldn't be was just anybody, right now, she only wanted Jessica. Maybe it was because she had a taste of the brunette once and the taste was just too addictive. And Taeyeon wasn't one for self control.

 

Taeyeon rubbed her temple, she doesn't understand or maybe she just didn't want too. Quickly she felt around for her phone and entered Jessica's number, numbers she grown familiar to the point she memorized it. She let the dial tone drag out for a few seconds till she was faced with a voicemail.

 

"Aish." She pressed the call button once more, but like before she was sent straight to voicemail. Taeyeon the call button a good 3 or 4 times until she threw she phone aside in annoyance. She threw a mini tantrum on her bed til she heard a knock on the door.

 

Quickly composing herself and laying in her possibly most natural position and cleared , "What!"

 

The door was pushed open and her older brother's head popped in, a frown etched across his face when he witnessed Taeyeon's room. Piles of clothes, magazines, wads of papers occupied the desk and her bags flung onto the floor long forgotten.

 

"Are you really a girl?" He picked up a T-shirt from the floor and flicked it to one side.

 

"Not everyone's a neat freak like you Oppa." Taeyeon countered, "And don't randomly throw my things."

 

"Could at least try to be organized."

 

"I am." Taeyeon sat up, " My worn pile of clothing there, my school necessities are a pile over there, and magazines I keep around my bed because it's convenient."

 

He shook his head, "By the way, where were you that you had to miss school yesterday?"

 

Taeyeon looked away from her brother's accusing eyes, her eyes wondered around. She couldn't say she cut her classes to sleep with a girl she had paid to be her girlfriend who just so happen to be older than her and currently jobless at the moment. Definitely not. And it would probably take forever to explain every last detail.

 

"I was with Tiffany." Taeyeon lied out of reflex and Tiffany was the safest choice.

 

"Really?" Her brother cocked his head to one side, furrowing her brows, "Because I called Tiffany yesterday and she didn't know."

 

"I told her not to mention me?" Taeyeon meekly tried to back up but it came out like a unsure.

 

"Don't bother Tae, you were with that girl again weren't you." Her brother accusing pointed his finger at Taeyeon, who rolled her eyes after not seeing the need to act innocent anymore. She pushed her brother's finger away from her face and gave a brief nod. He sighed in responds. "You know I totally fine with you dating a girl or even dating at all but it's really taking a toll on your grades."

 

"If you're trying to imitate dad, I give you 10 out of 10."

 

"Taeyeon." Her name came out in a low stern tone, realizing that she wasn't going to get out of this easy. The two let silence fall over them. Until her brother let out another tired sigh, "I'm just going to come out and tell you this but just make sure not to pass out."

 

Taeyeon let out a hum as reply.

 

"Mom knows."

 

"Knows what?"

 

"About Jessica, about how everything was a lie."

 

Once again, silence occupied the room,Taeyeon bite her lips and exhaled a breath. Her mom knew. She knew that everything was a lie. Taeyeon closed her eyes and buried her face into her hands.

 

"What about dad?"

 

"On the bright side, mom was okay with it but dad hasn't heard anything about this yet." Her brother explained with his hand on his hips, "She told me to tell you, you either break the news to him and watch things get ugly or we could wait till he finds out and well you get it."

 

 

"What should I do?" Taeyeon panicky shook Tiffany by her shoulder, "This is going to be worse than the time I broke my dad's favorite vase."

 

"Well first you could stop before I throw up on you," Tiffany removed Taeyeon's hand from her shoulder, pushing Taeyeon away from her increasing the distance between them. "And second, for once I'm idea less."

 

Taeyeon flopped herself back onto Tiffany's bed, grabbing one of the many pink pillow Tiffany had and screamed into it, "The world is going to end, right here, right now." Tiffany rolled her eyes at her best friends immaturity. Watching Taeyeon throw a tantrum on her freshly made bed.

 

"Taeyeon calm down," Tiffany ordered, "So basically your mom found out Jessica's not rich but she's fine with it?" Taeyeon sat up quickly, legs criss-crossed,

 

"Yea."

 

"So what's the problem here, exactly?" Tiffany rose one brow, "Your dad doesn't even know about it, why are you so worked up. I can't imagine how you would act like when he really finds out about your secret."

 

"What secret?" Taeyeon groaned, both her hands grabbing her head, "Practically everyone knows and WHEN my dad finds out be prepared to go to my funeral Fany-ah." Tiffany rubbed her temple, Taeyeon was being overly dramatic and it was killing her head.

 

"Does Jessi know about this yet?" Tiffany poked Taeyeon with the tip of her pencil when no reaction was received. Taeyeon gave her a look, "What?"

 

"No, you're the first person I told," She then crossed her arms, "And why do you have a nickname for her?"

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, unbelievable. "You should at least tell her," Tiffany tilted her head then stared back at Taeyeon for a few seconds. "Tae... do you like her?" Taeyeon almost fell off the bed upon hearing that question, she stared at Tiffany was widen eyes.

 

"What?" She spurted out. "That sounds ridiculous."

 

"Then do you love her?" Tiffany continued to interrogate the girl in denial. "And don't give some bull, I don't know. Because I know you better than anyone and you know that." Tiffany spoke pointing the tip of her pencil straight at Taeyeon when she spoke.

 

"How do I know what love feels like?" Taeyeon pointed out. "I thought I loved you too but that didn't work out well did it? What if I just care for her like I do you, just not to the extent of actually falling in love her."

 

"I'm not sure," Tiffany rested her finger on her chin, "How do you feel when she's around?"

 

"I don't-" Taeyeon started but stopped when she saw Tiffany eyeing her, quickly she changed her words, "I'm just so confused. I mean Jessica is just so... and  every time I think about her it's like.... like...." Taeyeon looked up at Tiffany, "Do you get me?"

 

Tiffany sighed watching her best friend struggle through her words, "I don't but we'll break it down." Tiffany pulled out a small notepad. "So why don't you start from the top."

 

"Are you my psychiatrist now?" Taeyeon added with a sarcastic hint of glee, she wasn't in the mood to role play. All she wanted was for answers to her question to fall out of the sky and explain to her why did she fell so jittery every time Jessica was mentioned. Was this normal?

 

"Shut up and explain your problem." Tiffany looked at her watch, "We don't have all day you know."

 

"Where do I start?" Taeyeon plotted her body onto of Tiffany giant plushie, staring the ceiling. There had been so much things going around her, she honestly didn't know where to start or even how it all started.

 

"What do you feel the last time you saw Jessica I mean besides yesterday?" 

 

Taeyeon thought hard on that question, using one finger she tapped her brain. "I didn't really think about it, I just enjoy having her around." Tiffany let out a low hum, as if thinking as she scribbled down so words. "Are you actually writing this down?" Taeyeon glanced over at Tiffany, giving her a werid look.

 

"No, I'm trying to finish my homework while helping you." Tiffany raised the pad up as prove. Math equation were written on it, and messy work solving the problems were on the edge along with the problem. 

 

"Fany!" Taeyeon cried in a one of disbelief. "I thought we were best friends! Focus on me please!"

 

"Sorry, sorry." Tiffany placed the paper down, "Now then, how did you feel yesterday?"

 

"I don't know, it's complicated, my mind was a mess and when she told me she missed me my heart had a painful squeeze." Taeyeon rambled on, "Being with her felt so comforting but hurts since I know, maybe because I know."

 

"Know what?" Tiffany edged on. Taeyeon gave Tiffany a hopeless smile. A look that seemed like Taeyeon was going to give in and let tears roll down her cheek any minute.

 

"That I'm going to end up heart broken in the end."

 

"Taeyeon." Tiffany softly started, she walk over to Taeyeon's side and gave her a comforting hug. "Hey, look on the positive side, what if Jessi likes you too."

 

"That's impossible," Taeyeon pursed her lips, "Have you forgotten I paid her, her action are all because of that."

 

"Geez, way'd be optimistic." Tiffany muttered, "But this whole thing started because you offered it to her, now quit complaining, and hurry up and sort out your feelings. you can't take forever you know. This whole thing is sort of your fault."

 

"I know!" Taeyeon exasperated, "And how did we end up talking about my feelings when we should really be planning something before my dad finds out and you see me lying in a coffin for good."

 

"Why would you be in a coffin?" Tiffany interrupted, "The worst case scenario is that he'll marry you off to some rich boy from some well known company."

 

"Isn't that the same thing?" Taeyeon threw her hands in the air. "In case you haven't already notice but I'm not interested in guys." Taeyeon laid limp back on the bed in exhaustion. 

 

"I feel like-" Tiffany's next words were cut off by the sudden ringing of Taeyeon's phone. Taeyeon gave one glance at her phone and suddenly tossed it at Tiffany who manage to catch the flying phone, despite catching her by surprise. She glance at the caller I.D.

 

Jessica.

 

"Answer it." Taeyeon urged, making quick hand motion for her to pick it  up.

 

"Why me?" Tiffany tossed the phone back in one swift motion. "She's your girlfriend."

 

"Not at the moment." Taeyeon passed it back the moment she got a hold of the device. " I'm still sorting out my feelings remember."

 

"Who cares."

 

"I do. It's going to be so weird talking to her right now. Just answer it." Taeyeon desperately tried to convince her best friend when the phone landed back in Tiffany's hold. Giving Tiffany her special puppy eyes while she was at it.

 

"No way! I'm not doing it." Tiffany closed her eyes and threw the phone onto the bed. "She's your problem, this whole thing is your problem, you deal with it."

 

"You're heartless." Taeyeon groaned as she reached for her phone, the minute her fingers touched her phone the ringing stopped. "Great. Now she's going to think I'm ignoring her, thanks a lot best friend!" Taeyeon glared at Tiffany, putting emphasize on best friend. "Now what?"

 

"Press the call back button Einstein." Tiffany annoyingly retorted. This whole situation was getting too ridiculous, and it was a pain to deal with so much problems during her weekend. Espically with homework piling up. Taeyeon made a face.

 

"I know that-" Taeyeon started, but it didn't take long for the phone to ring again. Taeyeon panicky glanced over at Tiffany for help.

 

"Pick up the damn phone and talk!"

 

With shaky hands Taeyeon slid her pointer across and lifted the phone up to her ear. "Hello?" Curious Tiffany leaned in closer to Taeyeon's ear, trying to get in the conversation but Taeyeon pushed her head away giving her a look. Tiffany rolled her eyes, sticking her tongue out at Taeyeon before making her way out of the room.

 

 

"So what did she say?" Tiffany asked when she made her way back to the room was a nice cold bottle of water. 

 

"She said she wanted to meet up and have a talk." Taeyeon gave Tiffany a helpless look, "Care to fortune tell? Your always good at guessing what people wants to talk about when they say we need to talk." Taeyeon used her fingers to quote we need to talk.

 

"She probably wants to know why did you leave her alone in bed after you.. well you know what you did so no need to explain." Tiffany stated as if it was obvious. "By the way that was a pretty douchey move if you ask me, she must thinks you're such an ."

 

 

Jessica fiddled with her fingers along with constantly glancing over at the cafe door waiting for Taeyeon to show up. Nervous was an understatement according to her feelings, the nervousness was eating her alive. But there was a bunch of this she wanted to clarify. Jessica looked around and glanced over at a table not far from her.

 

Krystal sat there with a black cap waving at her when their eyes meet. Jessica let out a tired sigh. Somehow she knew this meeting with Taeyeon either wasn't going to go well, or wasn't going to end well. Jessica picked up her phone and dialed Krystal's number. After a few short rings, Krystal picked up.

 

"What are you a spy now?" Jessica hissed quietly into her phone.

 

"Think of me as a bodyguard." Krystal cleverly convinced, not that she was worried, it's wasn't like Jessica was just going to march over here and smack her, not when Taeyeon might show up any minute now.

 

"More like nosy."

 

"I'm just trying to be caring, I'm hurt unnie." Krystal said in a overly dramatic voice. 

 

"Listen brat-" Jessica was about to unleash some profanities when Krystal cut her off.

 

"Oh look, that midget's here." Krystal hung up, Jessica made a note to kick her sister's later. She then hastily put away her phone and focus on the girl who had just entered the cafe. Jessica smoothed out her hair in a speedy manner before waving at Taeyeon.

 

"Hey." Taeyeon said as she slid into the chair across from Jessica, giving her a faint smile hoping her face didn't scream I'm so nervous I could die. Jessica returned the smile. "What did you want to talk about?"

 

"I-well...about yesterday." Jessica stuttered, trying to find words to express her thoughts."I wanted to know if I'm getting paid for that, since we didn't really talked about it." Jessica felt so embarrassed, she could feel her blood rushing to her face. She look up to see Taeyeon with a sullen look etched on her face.

 

"Oh." Taeyeon tried to piece up a sentence. But what Jessica said stung her heart. Bad. There was nothing wrong with what Jessica said at all but it didn't change the fact it hurt like hell. Maybe I do like her, Taeyeon mentally concluded. "Yeah, I'll write it in form of check if that's okay?" Jessica nodded her head.

 

"And I was thinking that...." Jessica swallowed hard, taking a deep breath. "That I should stop this." Jessica clenched her hand underneath the table. Taeyeon's body froze at the words. No. "We should stop this. It's getting out of hand."

 

"No." Taeyeon muttered. 

 

"What?" Jessica frowned at the comprehend able words.

 

"I said I don't want to." Taeyeon stated louder with more confident. Jessica sat stunned for a few short seconds before frowning. Who did Taeyeon think she was? She wasn't her property, she could stop when she wanted to. Beside any longer of this would be impossible.

 

"Look, you don't own me." Jessica harshly pointed it out. "I'm tired of this Taeyeon, anymore of this...... I just can't do it anymore."

 

"Why?" Taeyeon desperately searched Jessica's eyes for something, anything. "I don't want to let you go."

 

"But I don't want to continue this." Jessica's voice was barely above a whisper. "I don't want to end up being left behind. I think we should end this before I regret. This whole thing was never meant for us to be committed and I'm sure you could find someone else."

 

"But I want you." Taeyeon said in an equally low voice. Jessica's eyes widen but she refuse to listen to Taeyeon's sullen voice. Taeyeon will move on one day, they were two different people, from even more different worlds, they don't belong together. Their path shouldn't have crossed but it did, still this wasn't a drama and Jessica most definitely was not the female lead.

 

"No, you don't." Jessica got up from her chair. "Mail me the check." But before she could leave, Taeyeon caught onto her wrist, roughly pulled her back. Before Jessica could react to anything, Taeyeon sealed her lips with a soft gentle kiss. She heard some people gasp and whistled from the side but all she could pay attention to was Taeyeon's soft lips moving against her's, how much she missed those lips even though it's only been a day.

 

Taeyeon was the first to pull away leaving Jessica dazed, Taeyeon then pulled her into a hug and Jessica could see Krystal from the corner of her eye, with her eyes wide, mouth gaped, both hands on her cheeks, reenacting The Scream to state her disbelief.Jessica felt Taeyeon grip tighten around her.

 

"Don't leave," Taeyeon whispered closely to Jessica's ear. Jessica could feel Taeyeon's breath hit her neck."Don't leave me when I'm this close to falling completely in love with you." Jessica's eyes widen at the sudden confession. 

 



 

This chapter took a lot of of me. It's like midnight and I just finished this. So many things were happening in this chapter, like so many things. Everything is starting to settle in and I think I might end this soon depends on how I fit things in, so I'm not sure yet. Hope you didn't find the Taengsic part to be too agnsty after the fluffy Taeny. On the bright side Taeyeon confessed so it makes up for it right? I'll try to add more Taengsic fluff afterwards. Hope you liked this chapter.