II

The Personal Assistant (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

"Look what I found, Bacon."

 

Byun Baekhyun looks up from his phone only to have a piece of paper shoved into his face by his flat mate, Kim Jongdae. Baekhyun moves his head to the side of the paper and scowls at Jongdae, who proceeds to take a seat next to him.

 

"I thought I told you to stop calling me that," Baekhyun almost whines, taking the paper from Jongdae and reading over it.

"You did," Jongdae replies. "But did you really expect me to?"

 

"Hey, Baekhyun-oppa," a girl says as she walks past them, capturing the two males' attention. Baekhyun just smiles, greeting her with his signature square-shaped smile before turning his attention back to the paper.

 

"Who was that?" Jongdae asks. "Does hyung have a girlfriend?"

The next thing Jongdae knows, he's being hit over the head by his dark-haired friend, who quickly turns his attention back to the paper once more.

"She's just a friend," he says. "Why are you showing me this, anyway?"

"Because you need to stop living off of your father's money and get a job. And for an outgoing, friendly person like you, being Do Kyungsoo's new personal assistant should be no problem."

Baekhyun turns his head to look at Jongdae. "I want to maintain my social life, so no thanks. Why don't you go for it? I'm not the only one that needs a job here, you know."

"Because unlike you," Jongdae states. "I can't be outgoing and friendly without making a of myself."

 

"Hey, Jongdae-oppa!" another girl passes the two.

Jongdae goes to greet the girl, but instead finds himself falling backwards off the backless bench he and Baekhyun occupied. She laughs, walking off without waiting for Jongdae to scramble back to his feet.

 

"I see what you mean." Baekhyun stifles a laugh as his friend recomposes himself.

"Every. Single. Time," Jongdae says through gritted teeth. "Every single time an attractive girl talks to me, I fall off or trip over something. I'm so smooth, aren't I?"

"Such smooth. So wow," Baekhyun laughs, watching as Jongdae battles to get a leaf out of his hair. "But getting back onto the initial topic," he waves the piece of paper around in front of Jongdae's face. "I might actually consider this. This job is not for the faint-at-walking, and since that rules you out, that only leaves me to even just try."

"You're actually gonna go for a job for once," Jongdae comments. "I think the new Bacon is starting to shine through."

 

"Hey, Baekhyun!"

The two turn to see Lu Han, a popular university student known for his impressive soccer skills, standing with a group of males with a soccer ball in his hands.

"Zitao's team needs one more player!"

Baekhyun folds the paper up and sticks it in the inner pocket of his open jacket. "Get ready to be beaten by the one and only!"

 

"Hey, Bacon," Jongdae calls before Baekhyun has a chance to leave him, looking down as he brushes off the dirt on his trousers. "Can you buy me a coffee later? I really want one, but I don't want to trip up in front of that cute barrister like I did last time...Bacon?"

Jongdae looks up to see Baekhyun already across the road, laughing as he watches Zitao fall flat on his face after failing to capture possession of the soccer ball.

"You always find happiness out of Zitao's pain, don't you?" Lu Han asks, coincidentally loud enough for Jongdae to hear.

Baekhyun nods, still laughing at the Chinese exchange student on the ground. "How can I not? It's hilarious!"

Jongdae shakes his head. "How can the new him shine through when the old one's still laughing at someone else's epic fail? At least I won't laugh at Kyungsoo-ssi when he falls over during dance practice. Probably because I'll be on the floor with him. Stop talking to yourself, Kim Jongdae. People are beginning to look at you weirdly."

 


 

A/N: Another chapter done and dusted (and once again, if it's short, I'm sorry). So this has quite a different feel to it than the previous chapter. It is also my failed attempt at some sort of comedy (a new thing for me; I seriously cannot do comedy). But at least I managed to introduce another important character. On a happier note, thank you to those that have already subscribed, upvoted, and commented on this story. It honestly makes me feel really happy.