8∆∆

The Personal Assistant (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

Once Baekhyun had signed the contract and had been introduced to the company rules, the HR representative signed him up for training. Since he was not doing anything productive anyways, he decided to start on the same day. Kyungsoo left him as soon as he was signed up since the other was working on something else of his.

Baekhyun watched Kyungsoo leave but snapped out of it when the HR personell called his name again. He felt some kind of fear grip his heart as he thought of Kyungsoo. He again felt that he hadn't been accepted for the position yet, as if the idol was going to keep testing him for some time and ultimately kick him out if he failed to meet some previously set standard...

--x--

His training was scheduled to be about 5 hours long and there were a few more lined up for the following days. Baekhyun didn't know how he would get through them all if they were going to be so boring. However, he was happy to learn that there were going to be some business management related trainings, since this was his subject of studies in university.

He walked home, texting Jongdae, letting him know that he got a job.

 

 

To: Jongdae / 6:04

Guess who's the personal assistant of teen heartthrob Kyungsoo? 

 

From: Jongdae / 6:09

Shut up!

Really?

You got the job?

OH MY GAWWWWDDDD!!!

THAT'S AWESOME! ARE YOU BRINGING SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE?

 

To: Jongdae / 6:11

No, you pretty much maxed my card remember?

 

From: Jongdae / 6:11

Awww c'mon

 

To: Jongdae / 6:15

Nope! You suffer the consequences now trash.

 

From: Jongdae / 6:17

Shut up peasant. It's your highest happiness to be of service to me.

 

To: Jongdae / 6:20

Yeah.... right

 

 

Baekhyun stared at his texts and chuckled lightly. Knowing Jongdae, he would still have to take the younger out to celebrate no matter what. Baekhyun just liked to pretend sometimes that the fate of his bank account was in his own hands. He stopped at a street light, waiting for the signal to change and he thought of Kyungsoo. He decided to tell Jongdae about his insecurities.

 

To: Jongdae / 6:25

I'm not sure that Kyungsoo really accepts me for the position.

 

From: Jongdae / 6:26

What? Why?

 

To: Jongdae / 6:28

 It's a feeling. I keep getting this vibe that he'll me out anytime.

 

From: Jongdae / 6:28

 ...

 

To: Jongdae / 6:34

 ?

 

From: Jongdae / 6:36

 DUDE THAT'S UAL HARRASSMENT REPORT HIM.

WHO KNEW THE TINY TYKE WOULD TURN OUT TO BE A ERT.

ARE YOU OK?

 

To: Jongdae / 6:37

 Huh? What?

NO NO!!!

I MEANT

*

**KICK

ING THUMBS!

 

From: Jongdae / 6:37

 ...

Lmfao. You're so stupid.

 

To: Jongdae / 6:40

 Shut up. No treat for you when I get back.

 

From: Jongdae / 6:42

 Didn't you already say no to that? Unless someone was having second thoughts... ;)

 

 

Baekhyun chose to ignore Jongdae for the rest of the way.

However, it ws quite short-lived since as soon as he stepped into their shared apartment, he was manhandled by an excited Jongdae and before he knew, his best friend was pushing him back into the elevator by the collar, gushing about what he could eat. Jongdae stopped mid-rant about food to look at Baekhyun and promptly broke out into a maniacal laughter.

"Were you guys at least safe?" he asked between laughter induced hiccpus.

Baekhyun scowled before punching him in the stomach, hard. "I SAID IT WAS A TYPO!"

Jongdae took one look at his friend's red face and started laughing even louder, enough to get dirty looks by the building occupants on the ground floor as they exited.

"You should look at your face right now. I've never seen it so red. You sure you don't have the hots for your boss now? Maybe you did want him to you out."

It was then that Baekhyun decided that even Tao was better company, even though the two mostly bickered, and that he didn't need to put up with Jongdae's . He tried to strangle his best friend as his one good deed for the day. The world would be so much better without the nuisance named Jongdae. Not that it stopped his friend, who despite the lack of oxygen, continued guffawing. Baekhyun gave him a stink eye before his face formed a slight smile.

"Jongdae, where are your crutches?"

Jongdae stopped mid-laugh and it was his turn to blush, as he hid his face behind his hands. Baekhyun, in turn, laughed at the misery of his best friend.

"Don't ask." came a weak squeak from Jongdae.

"But I want to know" Baekhyun made sure to keep his tone as annoying as possible which earned him a satisfying glare from his friend.

Jongdae pulled him into a Mexican restaurant and Baekhyun dropped the subject for a minute to question Jongdae's choice.

"We feeling like Mexican today?"

Jongdae replied with a serious straight tone, "When in heart break, drown it with spicy food."

Baekhyun made an amused face when he saw his friend's choice in the menu, knowing the other couldn't take much spice, "Since when does diarrhea count as a heart break solution?"

"Someone on TV said it."

"Mmm hmm. Of course you'll believe them."

"No, not really, I just felt like it."

"So are you going to tell me?" Baekhyun asked, trying to control his face from breaking out into a smirk. Jongdae let out a long-drawn sigh.

"Basically, when we finished out lunch, I tried to act like a gentleman and rushed to pull her chair out for her, and I mmmphhmmhpf" Jongdae finished with a muffle into his hands covering his face again.

"Come again?"

This time Jongdae spoke with more clarity, though he kept his face hidden, "I forgot the crutches until she pointed them out to me." he uncovered his face to stare at Baekhyun with a look of pure bewilderment. "and if that wasn't enough, as soon as she said it, I accidentally tripped a waiter passing by and the food he was carrying dropped on her clothes."

Baekhyun couldn't control his laughter as Jongdae started wailing about his horrible fate with girls.

"She gave me the dirties glare and just left me there. Ugh! It was a stupid plan from the start."

Baekhyun patted his friend's head to calm him down. Jongdae stayed quiet for a minute as Baekhyun continued laughing at his plight, cursing his useless best friend under his breath before a thought came to his mind.

"Baekhyun..."

"Yeah?" Baekhyun asked, laughter dimming at the tone of the other's voice. It was the voice he used whenever he would catch Baekhun doing something the latter wasn't supposed to be doing.

"How did you know I took crutches to my date? You weren't there with me."

Baekhyun gulped before smiling sheepishly.

Jongdae lunged at him and tried to strangle him, pay back for the earlier abuse he had suffered.

"You punk" he breathed out mid struggle. "You should've just stayed with Kyungsoo and let him you out instead of stalking me like a loser."

"He wasn't me!" Baekhyun gasped out, "And hey, maybe you shouldn't have been so stupidly entertainig to watch."

The friends separated when their food arrived, they had half the patrons' eyes on them, all chuckling at the scene. The two disshevelled friends sat down in their spots and tried to eat with as much dignity as they could salvage, which was barely any if their tomato shade faces were anything to go by...