10∆

The Personal Assistant (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

Baekhyun arrived at the company half an hour earlier in his excitement to start working already. He made his way to Kyungsoo's office expecting him to not be there. But, not even 5 minutes later, Kyungsoo was walking up to him with a slight quizzical smile on his face. 

"You're early! Excited?"

Baekhyun grinned, "A little. I want to become the best assistant as fast as I can."

Kyungsoo chuckled as he let Baekhyun into his office, "Ambitious? I like that. Very important trait to have in this industry. Maybe you will do well. I will be watching though."

Baekhyun felt his heart speed up in fear. Did this mean that he could be fired if his performance was bad? Well, of course. That was a stupid question. Baekhyun just really wanted to get Kyungsoo on his side quickly, and it wasn't just because he didn't want to be fired. Baekhyun felt uncomfortable until people around him accepted him. He was very sensitive like that, though anyone who would look at him would find it hard to believe. He just chuckled nervously as he followed Kyungsoo into his office.

"How is the training going?" Kyungsoo asked as he shuffled through some papers on his desk.

Baekhyun was quick to respond, "It is going fine. There is a lot to learn. I feel like I might take a bit longer to remember all this stuff. Hope that's all right. I don't want to mess up with subpar work.."

Kyungsoo laughed softly, "It's completely fine Baekhyun. No one is expecting you to be perfect. Relax and take your time. Ask if you need help. I might not be available all the time, but talking to people really helps. Anyways," pointing to a desk, "that is where you can work. Your work, as has been explained to you already, is to coordinate all my activities. It is more than just scheduling though. You will have to juggle between different offers and select ones that are best to help me out. All this should be done in coordination with the president. You can't make a decision by yourself, it needs to be approved by myself and the president. Other than that, you also need to coordinate my other tasks, such as clothes fitting, makeup, my meeting with my trainers, and mmmm..."

Baekhyun thought that Kyungsoo really had a nice voice when he hummed. So low and deep, that it buzzed though his own chest. No wonder he is the top in the industry.

"Understood?" Kyungsoo finished his spiel and all Baekhyun could do was blink because he had zoned out completely.

"Ummm"

Kyungsoo chuckled at Baekhyun's confused expression, mistaking it to be one of being overwhelmed. "Too much information right?" He asked as he ruffled Baekhyun's hair, feeling slightly fond of the cute male.

Baekhyun grasped his hand to stop him, and pouted, "I worked on my business hair for half an hour."

Kyungsoo resisted the urge to do something inappropriate like pinching his assistant's cheek. "Sorry! Though you don't need to dress so formally." Kyungsoo added giving his assistant's extremely formal attire a once over. He felt underdressed in his hoodie and bermudas. "Anyways, don't worry if you missed something, it's all written here." Kyungsoo said as he passed a thick notebook towards Baekhyun. "It- it belonged to a previous assistant. I am sure you will find a lot of useful tips in here. And like i said before, come ask me. I don't usually sit here, since i have no real use of an office. I will mostly be in my studio which is just a floor above. You already saw that. I wouldn't mind, if you sit there as you work. Actually, you might like doing that so that you can be a bit more familiar with my music production process. You don't need to know the details, but Chanyeol said that it gave him a better appreciation of the whole process, and helped him in assisting me when needed."

"Chanyeol who?" Baekhyun tried to rack his brains for the said person. Was it someone important he should have known about?

Kyungsoo's smile twitched and Baekhyun noticed that the twinkle in the singer's eyes dimmed a bit, "He was the previous assistant. Well, I should get going to my studio. Oh, don't forget to say hi to Jongin. He has been going on about how he wants to have lunch with you on your first formal day."

Baekhyun nodded as he watched Kyungsoo hurry out. He sat down and opened the diary to learn about the 'tips' Chanyeol might have left him, and the first thing he saw as he turned the covers was "I ing don't want to be here!!" Baekhyun frowned, as he looked through the first few pages. They all had something similar written on there. What even?

Baekhyun looked up from the diary when Jongin barged into the room, banging the door open, "YO! Heard you were starting today. You owe me lunch." Baekhyun smiled tried putting away the diary, but Jongin's attention had been caught, "What is that?"

"It's the previous assistant's diary."

All Jongin said in response was an Oh, but Baekhyun was too curious. "What was the deal with him?" He showed Jongin all the messages Chanyeol had written around the pages.

Jongin contemplated before speaking, "It's not my place to speak about this, but Chanyeol had social phobia. He was forced into working here to help him face his anxiety. It didn't go so well, though for some time we were sure that it was working. He seemed like such an outgoing person."

"But why make him work in such an industry if he had social phobia. That's pretty harsh."

"Yeah, something about a new method his doctor was trying. You should really talk to Kyungsoo about it, if you want to know. Though, a word of advice, he is still a bit touchy about the subject."

"Were they very close?" Baekhyun asked, feeling this weird fear in his gut again.

"Kinda"

It was starting to make sense. The feeling of being constantly judged by Kyungsoo. Of course, he was being compared to the previous assistant. Baekhyun didn't just have to do the job right, he had to do it better than Chanyeol if he wanted Kyungsoo's acceptance. But, why did he care so deeply about Kyungsoo's approval?


Aah, this feels so dark. I, for some reason, need to set a dark base for my fics to go on. Why brain? why? Anyways, how do you like it so far? We are entering fluff comedy realm soon. I mean, is it even possible for  there to be seriousness around Baekhyun?

A lot of you are joining us, and i just want to say welcome! To those who have been with us already- Thank you! Your support is really appreciated. You will be happy to know that I have started feeling this story as mine. I think I have painted it in my colours sufficiently, which means that writing will come to me easier. It is always hard for a writer, or any other artist, to feel inspired if they don't feel a connection to their work. 

Other stories: snow white,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   Baeksoo oneshot* collection,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    ExobendPet boy, baeksoo reference list

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP