9∆∆

The Personal Assistant (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

Kyungsoo left Baekhyun in the HR office once he was sure that his new assistant had his day planned out. He thought it wouldn't hurt to take care of his assistant for the first few days, even though technically it was supposed to be the other way round. Kyungsoo walked back to his studio to work on a personal project he had taken upon, apart from his official album. 

Though right now, he didn't feel like doing anything. Baekhyun seemed like a nice guy, but he wasn't Chanyeol. It hurt his heart to have to replace the other so fast and easily.

Moreover, he hadn't heard from the other ever since he disappeared that day. It still saddened Kyungsoo that Chanyeol didn't tell him beforehand, but deep within his heart he kind of understood the reasoning. Kyungsoo probably wouldn't have let go of his favourite personal assistant. He liked Chanyeol, liked him very much, which made this situation hurt even more.

Kyungsoo knew that this was unfair to Baekhyun, a rookie at the job, but he couldn't help but compare his present to his past. Compared to Baekhyun, Chanyeol was so different... And Kyungsoo missed him so much...

That is how, instead of working on his music, Kyungsoo sat down to write Chanyeol a letter instead. He was satisfied after a few attempts. Smiling, he neatly folded the letter and put in inside the envelope. If Chanyeol wasn't going to answer his calls, or reply to his messages and emails, then Kyungsoo would try a different method until the other gave up. Kyungsoo was about to seal the envelope when as an after thought he put a few rose petals in there, as a remembrance of their time together. Kyungsoo used to get a lot of flowers from fans, and the two would play around pretending to give it to their fake crush.

Picking up the envelope, Kyungsoo walked to his CEO's office to request his secretary to post it for him.

Jungwoo seemed solemn as he asked Kyungsoo to sit and chat with him. "Are you still upset Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo nodded, seeing no reason to lie to the other. Jungwoo was possibly the best CEO ever, understanding and caring. Idols from other companies didn't have the luxury of receiving such sweet treatment.

Jungwoo sighed, "Is the new assistant not to your liking? He hasn't even started yet, give him a chance. Though if you want me to, I could start searching for a replacement on the side."

"No, its not that. Baekhyun seems like a nice guy, and unlike Chanyeol it seems he would be able to hold under the pressure. I just- I just miss him. He isn't talking to me and I am worried about him. He was- is my best friend."

Jungwoo nodded kindly, "I will try to see if I can persuade him to talk to you. Don't worry too much and try to relax, OK?"

Kyungsoo smiled gratefully before leaving the office, with a lighter and more hopeful heart.

---x---

"HYUNG!" Jongin barged into his studio with the rest of Exo members in tow.

"AAAH! Jongin, how many times have I told you to not surprise me like that." Kyungsoo said, holding a hand to his racing heart. He hated it when the younger did that. He usually tended to get so immersed in his songs that he would lose track of happenings around him, and loud noises made him jump out of his skin. Unfortunately for him, his friends were super loud, always coming and going with a bang. it was a miracle that he was still alive with a beating heart.

Jongin ignored Kyungsoo, "Where is Baekhyun? Let's go eat dinner together."

"Baekhyun left already. He doesn't start until next week."

"What? Why?" Jongin started whining.

"Because this week he will train." Kyungsoo answered Jongin while arranging his work space to look neat enough so that he could leave with his friends for dinner and be able to come back and pick up where he left off.

"What? We aren't good enough for you?" Junmyeon asked with a slight frown.

"Ah, no no no-"

"Don't worry about him hyung. We all can go without him. He can go eat with Baekhyun." Sehun said smirking while taking Kris' hand and pulling him towards the exit.

Junmyeon and Kyungsoo both agreed with Sehun and started walking away leaving a whining Jongin to rush behind them. "Don't leave me behind. You guys are so mean."

Kris looked at Jongin with slight pity, "Don't ruin your image Jongin. What will the fangirls say when they see you crying like that."

"I am not crying-"

"Be cool like me," Kris said with a slight smile.

Sehun rolled his eyes as he held onto Kris' hand, the group bickered as they entered the cafeteria....

---X---

Soon enough, the week was over and Baekhyun's initial training had come to an end. He still needed to meet up with his trainer for an hour each say for the rest of the month for further training, but he could start working now. Being an idol's personal assistant requires a lot of skills, hence the prolonged training. Throughout this week, Baekhyun didn't have many chances to talk to Kyungsoo, just greeting and polite conversations here and there. But even those had made Baekhyun appreciate Kyungsoo more since the young idol had been extremely polite to him...maybe a bit too polite but Baekhyun wrote it off as the fault of them not being comfortable around each other yet.

Baekhyun got up bright and early. He had worked out a plan with Kyungsoo last friday, so that he could work around his university classes. He was in his final year anyways, so starting next year, he could work with the company full time.

He was excited as he left the house, ready to impress Kyungsoo with his skills, ones he hadn't tested he had yet.

---X---

Kyungsoo woke up on time, and stayed in his bed for some time before getting ready. He would have stayed in bed if not for the fact that he had to meet his assistant this morning. Usually, his assistant would be allowed, more like required, to come to his house to wake him up, but he hadn't given Baekhyun the privilege yet.

Before he left the house, Kyungsoo stood before the now empty room that had been previously occupied by his old assistant. He felt bad for Baekhyun because there was no way that the other would be able to live up to his expectations, unlike Chanyeol...


Unedited chapter. I will perform better next time.

Other stories: snow white,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   Baeksoo oneshot* collection,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    Exobend, Pet boy

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP