11∆

The Personal Assistant (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

Baekhyun dropped the subject of Kyungsoo's previous assistant, though he reminded himself to ask the latter afterwards. For now he let himself be roped into lunch and dinner plans with Jongin and his bandmates. After the other had let Baekhyun know the plans he made for the other for the day, he stormed out the same way he came in, explosively. Baekhyun just looked on with amusement and slightly reeling from Jongin's frankness. He had even taken the liberty of inviting Jongdae over using Baekhyun's phone. Of course his friend agreed. Free food was always nice!

After spending most of his morning going over Kyungsoo's schedule and setting up a planner for himself, he decided to take a break and visit Kyungsoo in his studio upstairs. Maybe the idol would even agree to go have lunch with them. 

Standing in front of the door, he took in a deep breath before knocking. When no response came, he peeked in and saw Kyungsoo with his headphones on. No wonder he didn't hear the knocks. Baekhyun let himself in noiselessly and walked up to Kyungsoo. The boy was humming a tune under his breath, probably for one of the songs in his upcoming album. Baekhyun looked around at all the equipment and wondered if Kyungsoo did everything on his own.

"I don't!" Baekhyun jumped when Kyungsoo addressed him. He must have said it out loud. Kyungsoo smiled, "glad you decided to visit. I was just working on this little tune and I wanted someone's opinion."

Baekhyun bounded forward like an eager puppy, though Kyungsoo didn't point this out. He wouldn't want Baekhyun to get self conscious over little things and start feeling anxious... Maybe that was only the case with chanyeol. Kyungsoo shook the thought out of his head before he got carried away in memories and focused on playing the song for Baekhyun.

"That sounds very nice, but it could use some more bass?" Baekhyun said after he finished listening.

"Right? That was what I was thinking as well. Thanks!" Kyungsoo smiled brightly again and Baekhyun wondered if he would ever get used to such a blinding smile.

"Oh, by the way, I came to invite you to lunch. Jongin and the other members of exo are coming too."

Kyungsoo agreed to meet up with them at the restaurant later and Baekhyun decided to go introduced himself to the other staff in the building who he would have to work with in future.

--x--

Baekhyun walked into the restaurant with Jongin pretty  much draped over him. The others were going to join later.

"There's my boy!" Jongdae waved them over to their table. "Are you free?"

Jongin raised an eyebrow at this as he waited for someone to explain. It was something worth knowing seeing how red Baekhyun was at the moment.

Jongdae decided to kindly explain the situation, "Baekhyun is afraid that Kyungsoo will him out."

"JONGDAE!!!" Baekhyun clasped a hand over the little devil's mouth, but it was too late because Jongin was looking at him with horrified and pitying eyes. "It was a typo! I meant kick. KICK!! 

 Jongin made great show of understanding, "I get it, Baekhyun. Relax. You meant right? "

"Yea. WHAT?!? NO!! "

" what?" Kris was standing right behind him... with Kyungsoo. Baekhyun felt his heart drop to his feet.

"Ice cream?" He said in a weak voice.

Junmyeon, who was standing behind the two with Sehun cocked his head, "you don't want to ice cream?"

"Ah..yeah! I am not in the mood today." Baekhyun chuckled nervously. The newcomers just shrugged and grabbed a seat. Over the lunch bustle, and all the laughs, Baekhyun relaxed and let go of the incident, that is until dessert time. Being crazy about ice cream, Baekhyun barely ate anything else as dessert and today, everyone was eating ice cream on Jongdae's suggestion. Well, everyone expect Baekhyun because when they asked him, before he could say he changed his mind, jongdae butted in and declared, "Baekhyun hates having to change his decision. He very clearly said, after all, that he didn't want to ice cream.."

Baekhyun was determined to put him through some misery and running his leg up Jongdae's leg to tickle him felt like a good idea. Jongdae was sitting diagonally, with Kyungsoo in front of him. he just had to bend a bit to get to the other. Baekhyun smiled triumphantly as he ran his leg up the other's leg and Jongdae started coughing on the gulp of water he had taken. Baekhyun started lightly tapping his foot just to annoy the other. He smiled devilishly at Jongdae, but the boy didn't seem phased. He had stopped coughing and carried on the conversation normally.

Kyungsoo tapped his knuckle to get his attention when Baekhyun gave a slightly harder kick and smiled at him quizzically and whispered, "Baekhyun, I don't know what's up, but can you please stop? I mean, I love having someone try to play footsies and as much as the next guy, but I would rather not right now?"

Baekhyun wanted to bury his face in his cake in mortification. He tried to shrink himself in his seat so as to not draw any attention and whispered back, "Sorry. I thought you were..sorry."

"What are you two whispering about?" Sehun had caught them, that annoyingly sharp kid. "Care to share? Or are you guys already so close that you already have secrets?"

Jongdae and Jongin used this opportunity, "What other bases have you guys covered?"

Baekhyun wanted to turn into a worm and bury himself into the ground. "Shut up!" He said placing his fists on the table, face red, and glistening eyes.

Kyungsoo looked at him and smiled in fondness. He didn't know about Baekhyun's talent as an assistant, but he definitely had scored himself a super cute child. That sounded wrong. He wasn't a e, just that Baekhyun looked like a little troubled child and the sight was very endearing. It just made Kyungsoo want to ruffle his hair- nothing else! He decided to help the boy out this once, "The only bases we have covered is the common enemy base. If you don't shut up I will make sure you do myself."

Jongin made show to zip his mouth and Jongdae followed his example. The other three exo members laughed at them. Overall, the lunch was a success and despite all the embarrassing moments, Baekhyun could see himself getting closer to Kyungsoo... if he looked at the situation with lots of optimism...tons and tons of optimism. Nevermind, he was definitely going to kill Jongdae for today.


Was that a fun chapter? I wanted to make this one fun since last was a bit dark and this is the first chapter since i came back. I at crack and comedy, but I am trying. Please be kind. 

Talk to me! I'm lonely :( You have no idea how much I struggled with this chapter. I might have written it like 10 times and restarted all over again because it didn't feel good enough. I finally did it when I skipped on this assignment that I am supposed to be finishing in the next 2 days (still haven't started on that). *sigh* 

Also, do you guys know any resources where I can learn what managers or personal assistants of star do. I want to do reasearch for this. A drama or a webpage? anything? I feel like the story would not be good enough if I don't do the research.

Other stories: snow white,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   Baeksoo oneshot* collection,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    ExobendPet boybaeksoo reference list

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP

Co-author stories: best of best* exo fic recommendations with PeasentOTP The mermaid's kiss with Tina08