I

The Personal Assistant (semi-hiatus until - INDEFINITELY)

The feeling of emptiness finds its way to Do Kyungsoo as soon as he opens the door to his apartment, and he doesn't know why.

 

He lays his keys on the kitchen bench, only to notice that an envelope informally addressed to him is sitting only a few centimetres away from them.

Kyungsoo examines the envelope, noticing how messy his name is written on it with permanent marker, and automatically links it to his personal assistant of almost a year, Park Chanyeol.

It takes less than ten seconds for Kyungsoo to tear the envelope open, revealing a letter with more messy writing covering it.

His eyes scan over the paper one minute, and the next he's rushing to the room opposite his own, hastily opening the door to see nothing but an unoccupied desk and bed still occupying the room. Kyungsoo tries to process his jumble of thoughts at that moment as he pulls out his phone and calls the "higher power" of his entertainment agency, Kim Jungwoo.

 

"He left for the clinic this afternoon, Kyungsoo-ah."

 

It's at that moment that Kyungsoo remembers that Chanyeol was not only his personal assistant, but a mental patient with social phobia that was given the job as a form of "harsh treatment" in hopes of overcoming his anxiety disorder.

Everybody behind-the-scenes had noticed the tall-yet-awkward male as he managed to make Kyungsoo's career as an idol more prominent than the singer's previous personal assistant, Zhang Yixing (whom would complicate even the simplest of schedules due to his obliviousness), all whilst scaring many fans and even Jungwoo in the process.

Kyungsoo would always note Chanyeol's improvement in both attitude and courage during the months, as Chanyeol managed to face the large crowds of fans that came to see Kyungsoo with a neutral facial expression, gradually losing the amount of twitching his eye would do during large social situations.

However, the last month-and-a-half had seen the mental patient's progress quickly deteriorate, his eye twitch becoming worse than what it was when Kyungsoo first met him, and his panic attacks becoming more frequent and worrying. It was suggested that Chanyeol were to go to a mental clinic in China if this happened (as for some reason, Chanyeol's therapist thought that it was the greatest mental clinic since sliced bread), and despite his rebuttal, Kyungsoo understood that what would have to happen would be for the best.

He knew that Chanyeol was going to leave his side one day, but he never knew that the day would be so soon.

 

"Why didn't anybody tell me when he was leaving?" Kyungsoo asks, a hint of anger arising in his tone.

"Everybody thought that you already knew," Jungwoo replies. "We assumed that Chanyeol told you before he left."

"Well, he didn't."

Jungwoo sighs, noticing Kyungsoo's growing anger. "It doesn't matter anymore, Kyungsoo-ah. What does matter, however, is finding you a new P.A."

 

Kyungsoo bangs his head on the back of the couch he currently occupies, knowing that this day would have come again sooner or later. Despite that, the seventeen-year-old still doesn't want to deal with introducing himself to another personal assistant, as he's done so four times in the past two years.

 

"We'll send out the notice tomorrow," Jungwoo continues. "Don't worry, Kyungsoo."

 

This night is the first in seven months in which Kyungsoo cannot fall asleep, and instead spends his precious sleeping hours switching his view between the ceiling and the door to Chanyeol's old room. He knows that he must be at the recording studio by seven-thirty in the morning to continue production for his upcoming second album, but even that piece of information cannot send him off into a semi-peaceful sleep.

 

'But even if I get another P.A,' Kyungsoo wonders, 'will he be able to live up to the standards Chanyeol-hyung set?'

He looks over at the door to Chanyeol's old room once more, assuring himself of his answer to that question. 'I don't think he will.'

 


 

A/N: First chapter, done and dusted. I'm sorry if it's lackluster or short (or if Chanyeol's character isn't the perfect portrayal of somebody suffering with social phobia), but this is the only way I could start off this story. Also, dialogue will only be indented when a character is talking on the phone.