Yoo are too Cute

Yoo and I

Youngjae's POV

[A week later]

After Himchan found the letter, the black haired boy wouldn't leave Youngjae alone. Youngjae had somehow managed to convince Himchan that everything was under control, he didn't need to trouble Daehyun, and that he was fine, Himchan was still doubtful. Himchan agreed to not tell Daehyun, but it was hard for the blonde to talk to anyone in school without Himchan watching carefully. Jongup and Junhong had both been notified, so they were careful with Youngjae as well.

When Himchan wasn't looking, however, Daehyun's little fanclub (naturally, headed by the queen herself, Sunhwa) made his life terrible. Youngjae wasn't going to let it get to him, but it still hurt when he stepped into his sneakers that were full of tacks during their gym period. He silently winced, and vowed that he would never understand women.

"Are you alright?" Jieun looked worried. Youngjae forced a smile. Recently, he and Jieun had gotten closer. Now, because he knew Jieun well, Youngjae could act more naturally around her. While Sunhwa was loud and driven by what she believed in, her long, brown haired best friend was quiet and sensitive. "Yeah. Just stepped on something sharp." Jieun smiled. She was about to say something when Mr. Kim called her name.

"Song Jieun, you're up next for your endurance test!" Jieun smiled apologetically and ran to her teacher. Youngjae smiled back and his eyes scanned the far soccer field and its players until his eyes settled on who he was looking for. Daehyun. 

The brown haired vocalist was playing soccer with some of the guys in their class, including Jongup, Junhong, and Yongguk. Right then, Yongguk dove for the soccer ball. Junhong grinned at Yongguk and quickly dodged his dive. "Daehyun-hyung! Heads up!", the pink haired boy called, and kicked the ball towards Daehyun. Daehyun grinned and quickly caught the it, perfectly showing off his skills. Youngjae made a mental note to remember that Daehyun's favorite sport is soccer.

Youngjae usually would have been more interested in the game, but Daehyun had his t-shirt sleeves rolled back, revealing his tanned (and toned) bare arms. What also wasn't helping was that Daehyun was sweating, and he practically had all the girls drooling over him. Heck, he had Youngjae drooling over him as well. Especially when vocalist pushed his brown hair back, he noticed Youngjae from the other side of the field, watching. He caught Youngjae's eye and grinned, waving at the blonde in the distance. Youngjae blushed at the sudden attention and shyly waved back, causing Daehyun to grin even wider.

"Next up is Yoo Youngjae. Come on up!" Mr. Kim called.

As Youngjae made his way to his teacher, Sunhwa, who was watching and cheering for Daehyun's game as well, discreetly tripped him as he was walking. Youngjae made a small gasp of surprise and slipped, falling into the dirt. "Ohmygosh, I am so sorry, Youngjae-ah!" Sunhwa widened her eyes, feigning a horrified look as her friends around her snickered. With the boys in the far field were watching, Youngjae felt himself burn with embarrassment until Daehyun ran over, sweating and panting, and knelt down and helped Youngjae up. The girls immediately started tittering, but Daehyun paid no attention to them.

"Hey, are you okay?" Daehyun looked at Youngjae worriedly, searching for any cuts on his body. Jongup, from the other side of the field, called to ask if Youngjae was alright. Youngjae nodded, flashed them both a small smile and quickly hurried towards his waiting teacher, red faced. Being that close to Daehyun made his stomach flip and wring itself dry, and he didn't want both Jongup and Daehyun to be worried. When he completed his endurance test, he noticed that Sunhwa and her friends were glaring at him, jealousy evident in their angry features. Youngjae sighed. He had gotten used to this. As he walked away, he heard them whispering. 

This is just something that will go away quickly, Youngjae promised himself. They're going to get tired of me, anyways. Daehyun and I are just friends. It's just a simple crush. It's not love, or anything like that. The last thought hurt Youngjae's chest for some reason.

-----

[At Daehyun's Dorm]

Youngjae and Daehyun's daily sessions for writing music had been moved to Daehyun's dorm. They had been kicked out of the coffee shop they had regulared because they were told by the apologetic shop manager that their laughs were too loud. Both laughing (Youngjae had been sure he had been completely red-faced), Daehyun had taken Youngjae's hand, grabbed their stuff, and dragged him all the way to his dorm. A week had already passed since Youngjae had been inside Daehyun and Yongguk's shared dorm for the first time, and he knew that he'd never be able to settle his flipping stomach and his beating heart. At least, not for awhile. Yongguk and Daehyun both had separate bedrooms, and Daehyun's room was black and white. It smelled minty. Like Daehyun. The Busan boy's clothes and sports gear had been hastily shoved underneath his bed (Daehyun had quickly done it when Youngjae first went into the room, slightly embarrassed,) and his black and white bed was messily made.

Today, they were finishing up the lyrics to their first song. Daehyun brought over some coffee, set it down on the table, and then sat down with a satisfied 'thump'. He looked at Youngjae, who had been sitting there, writing music notes down, his eyes bright with excitement, making him look like a little kid.

"Yoo. Shall we begin? I have a really good idea!" He squirmed as he waited for Youngjae to respond. Youngjae looked up and giggled, and nodded quickly. Daehyun's singing was his favorite part of their meetings.

"Belt it out, Jung."

Daehyun grinned, took a deep breath and sang in his husky voice, his eyes trained on Youngjae's, waiting for his reaction.

If you're the bird, whenever we pretend it's summer.

Then I'm the worm. I know the part. It's such a bummer,

But fair is fair. If my segments get separated

I'll scream and you'll be there.

Youngjae squealed at the part about the worm's segments getting separated, making a small 'ew!' sound. Oh God, these lyrics are cute.

Daehyun laughed softly and stood up, his hands finding Youngjae's and pulling him up until he was standing. Youngjae, a little lost, let himself be pulled up. Daehyun twirled Youngjae around, which made him giggle, turning slightly pink.

If I'm your boy, let's take the short cut we remember.

And we'll enjoy, picking apples in late September

Like we've done for years.

Then we'll take a long walk through the cornfield,

and I'll kiss you between the ears. 

Daehyun was really smiling now, and Youngjae's breathing was a little hitched from being twirled and danced around the room.

If you're my girl, swirl me around your room with feeling

And as we twirl, the glow in the dark stars on your ceiling

will shine for us. As love sweeps over the room

'cause we tend make each other blush.

He suddenly stopped, and pulled Youngjae closer, making the blonde gasp in surprise.

You're the bird, and I'm the worm, and it's plain to see

That we were meant to be.

We were meant to be.

Daehyun whispered that last line, his forehead pressed against Youngjae's, his hands holding Youngjae's waist. Youngjae hiccuped. 

"Do you like it?", Daehyun whispered, his breath fanning across Youngjae's face. The blonde hiccuped again.

"Yeah. Jung, it was really good." Youngjae whispered back.

Daehyun pouted. "That's not my name." He pulled at one of Youngjae's cheeks.

"Jung!" Youngjae whined.

"What was that?" 

"Reggoh!" Youngjae was squirming, his eyes watering.

Daehyun snickered. "I can't understand you, Yoo. Speak clearly!"

Youngjae was silent, trying to stay mad. It was hard to, even when Daehyun had Youngjae's cheek lightly pinched in between his fingers. Then, carefully glaring at Daehyun, he huffed softly.

"Daehyunnie."

Seemingly satisfied, Daehyun let go of Youngjae's cheek. Instead, he lifted Youngjae's chin, and Youngjae's eyes widened. Daehyun laughed softly. 

"You need to start calling me that more." he said huskily. He tightened his hands on Youngjae's waist. Youngjae leaned back a little, and whimpered when Daehyun came closer. "What do yo-"

Yongguk opened Daehyun's door quickly, causing it to slam against the wall. "Daehy-oh. Uh, oops?"

Youngjae quickly jumped apart from Daehyun. He could feel his face was scarlet. Youngjae silently cursed himself for so easily turning putty in Daehyun's hands. Daehyun cleared his throat. "You need something?"

"Nope. Just, uh...wondering if you were home. And if you were busy." Yongguk was grinning slyly, his already low voice lowering even more. "But...I guess you are."

Daehyun looked a little lost. "Yes. I am...home." 

Youngjae caught on right away. "It's...it's not like that!" 

Yongguk smirked. "Suuuurrreeeeee. I'm just gonna...go." He closed the door quietly, and both the vocalists could here that he was chuckling.

"What was that all about?" Daehyun said, confusion evident in his voice. "Why did he say I was bus-.....OH." 

There was a very pregnant pause. Youngjae looked up, and he realized that Daehyun was completely red-faced. Youngjae blushed as well. The older vocalist cleared his throat. "Let's, uh, finish writing that song." Youngjae nodded, and immediately tripped over the rug. Daehyun moved quickly and grabbed Youngjae's arm, pulling him towards his chest. There was a moment where they just stood there, and then both of them turned red and quickly stepped away.

The rest of the lyric-writing session was quiet. Youngjae realized that it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, however. Every now and then they'd both say something, Daehyun grinning and Youngjae shyly casting glances at his handsome partner.

-------

Fluff, fluff, fluff~ heh! ೖ(⑅σ̑ᴗσ̑)ೖ I briefly edited this one too! You guys are in for a treat today~ huhu. ೖ(⑅σ̑ᴗσ̑)ೖ I've only gotten one chapter done per day, but today there's two~ ε-(´・`) フ

This chapter was mostly to show that Daehyun and Youngjae are getting closer. They are though! ε-(´・`) フ I've only edited this briefly, so I'll come back later again! ˙ ͜ʟ˙ ♥

As usual, comments and suggestions are always looked forward too! ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

Thanks for reading, readernims. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ♥ I love you guys. Saranghaeyo! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The song is The Bird and The Worm by Owl City. This is the cutest song. The lyrics are from here. I suggest a listen! (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)