Unbelievably Yoo

Yoo and I

Youngjae's POV

[The Next Day]

[At TS Academy, Valentine’s Day. The Day of the School Fair]

The next day,Youngjae arrived early at school, when only a few students were present. A boy and girl from Himchan’s glass shuffled by, carrying confetti and class banners for class 2A and 2B’s Maid Cafe.

Ding.

Youngjae quickly reached into his back pocket and pulled out his phone, giggling when he saw the text message.

Text Message from: My Dae♥
- ,,- Yoo, you ditched me o(╥﹏╥)o my heart is broken o(╥﹏╥)o

Biting his lip and silently squealing as he imagined Daehyun’s handsome face with his cheeks puffed out, forming a pout.

Text Message to: My Dae♥
Don’t exaggerate keke. But I’m sorry ╥﹏╥ !
I’ll give you a surprise later (≧//◡//≦)

Youngjae bit his lip and pressed send, internally screaming at himself. He jumped slightly when Daehyun immediately replied. As he read the message, a few light giggles escaped from his throat.

Text Message from: My Dae♥
Oh? And what’s this surprise?

Someone’s suddenly interested? I wonder why?

Text Message to: My Dae♥
Ssshhh.
It’s a surprise

Ding.

Text Message from: My Dae♥
Yoo (╥﹏╥) You’re killing me (╥﹏╥)
Answer!

Youngjae laughed softly and quickly walked down the quiet white halls until he reached his classroom. The big black letters that said “2B” looked intimidating as he took a deep breath and stepped inside, opening the door slowly. He immediately spotted the familiar vibrant long red hair in the classroom, the owner’s thin figure bent over her desk silently, sewing maid uniforms.

Youngjae cleared his throat slowly as Sunhwa turned around, her eyes locking with the thin figure standing hesitantly in the doorway. There was a silence before she spoke.

“Is there anything you need, Youngjae-sshi?”

Her tone was hollow and polite. Youngjae cleared his throat again nervously. Both of them spoke at the same time.

“I’m sorry-”

They stared at each other for a moment, their mouths slightly open, before cracking a small tentative smile at each other. Sunhwa blinked.

“Why are you apologizing?” She looked down at her sewing needles that were in her lap. “I’m a terrible person.”

“Because,” Youngjae said softly. “You’re in love too.”

He stepped closer to Sunhwa. “And, you’re hurting too. I know.”

Sunhwa suddenly sighed and sniffled.

 “This is why I hate you,” Sunhwa said. Youngjae flinched slightly and bit his lip, blinking rapidly.

“I’m sorry-“

Sunhwa glared and cut him off.

“It’s because it’s so hard to hate you.”

Youngjae felt his mouth drop open, his voice suddenly lost.

“You’re just so-“Sunhwa waved her hands, searching for the right word. Youngjae realized that he knew someone else with the same habit- certain boyfriend of his who was also from Busan.

“You’re just so…nice. And fluffy.”

Youngjae stood there, bewildered and blushing. “Uh, I’m sorry…?”

Sunhwa glared. “See? There you go again! You’re such a goody-two shoes that it’s freaking impossible to hate you! Why are you forgiving me?!” Her voice wavered and broke slightly. “It’s just as Jieun said. I’m a .”

Youngjae hesitated before softly answering, his voice sounding fragile even to his own ears.

“I understand because…I’m in love too.”

Sunhwa’s eyes were slightly red as a silence stretched out between the two. When she finally spoke, her voice was quiet and broken.

“I can’t immediately stop hurting and hating you,” she said. “But I’ll try to get there. I’ll make it up to you.” Her voice was bitter. Youngjae quickly nodded and left the room, unable to take Sunhwa’s heartbreak any longer. The orange haired girl bit her lip as her eyes followed the person that walked out, taking her happiness with him.

--------

Youngjae lost track of time when he walked through the empty halls until a warm hand tapped him on the shoulder.

Yoo.”

Daehyun’s voice was full of warmth, and Youngjae immediately spun around, tackling the other boy and wrapping his hands around his broad back. He nuzzled into Daehyun’s neck, letting the warmth and the familiar minty scent comfort him. Daehyun chuckled, slightly surprised, and immediately wrapped his arms around Youngjae’s thin waist and pulled him closer, inhaling softly.

“Someone’s glad to see me,” he laughed quietly, his chuckles low in his throat. Youngjae blushed and hummed, nuzzling some more, all his guilty thoughts about Sunhwa’s pain banished from his mind.

“Never,” he whimpered softly, making Daehyun laugh. “Who’d be happy to see you, Jung?”

“Hmm,” Daehyun pretended to think. “Well, Yoo, I know this one amazing person…”

Youngjae looked up, blinking innocently and giggling when Daehyun backed him against the hallway wall, pressing his hands on either side of Youngjae’s head, trapping the blonde in between the wall and his body. Youngjae squirmed, his hands playfully pushing against Daehyun’s warm chest as small breathless giggles escaped from his lips.

“And who’s that?” Youngjae batted his eyelashes, immediately blushing when Daehyun planted a wet kiss on jaw, his breath hot against his skin.

“My special fairy,” he replied, planting a soft kiss on Youngjae’s lips when Youngjae tried to playfully push him away again. The blonde bunched his hands in the front of the other boy’s school uniform and pulled him closer, mewling softly when Daehyun’s tongue pushed into his mouth. His knees immediately trembled, and he felt his back press up against the cool surface of the wall as Daehyun kissed him harder, his tongue ravishing the inside of his mouth. They finally broke away, panting, their foreheads pressed together, their breaths mingling. Daehyun laughed softly, sliding his hands down so they rested on Youngjae’s thin waist. Youngjae giggled and rubbed his nose against Daehyun’s.

“So, what’s my surprise?” Daehyun asked huskily, his thumbs rubbing tantalizing circles on Youngjae’s hips. Youngjae blinked innocently.

“What surprise?”

Daehyun pulled Youngjae closer, whining softly.

“Yoo~ you promised!”

Youngjae giggled and blushed. He traced a light finger down Daehyun’s chest, poking the other boy slightly.

“Only because I had to leave early for school today. You’ll get it later.”

Daehyun tightened his grip on the blonde’s waist, staring into the other boy’s big brown eyes.

“But I want my surprise now,” he smirked, and Youngjae shivered under the intensity of the other boy’s gaze, his breath catching in his throat.

I don’t have anything planned yet!

“You’re going to have to be patient.”

Daehyun whined again and pouted, his puppy eyes widening as he nuzzled Youngjae’s face.

“But Yoo~ I’ve been a good boy!

Youngjae could immediately feel his resolve weakening. He tried to look away, but the fact that Daehyun kept on inhaling his scent softly made it hard for Youngjae to forget that the school’s hottest boy was currently trying to get his attention.

“N-no! Jung!” Youngjae bit his lip when Daehyun started planting wet kisses down his jaw and on his neck.

Youngjae.”

Youngjae immediately whimpered at the use of his name. Daehyun started on a sensitive area on his neck, drawing soft moans spilling from Youngjae’s swollen lips-

“Ahem.”

Youngjae and Daehyun immediately sprang apart, blushing slightly, to see Himchan and Jieun with their hands on their hips, wearing identical expressions of utter amusement.

“You know, you guys are my OTP and all,” Himchan wryly said. “But like get a room because we’re not allowed to grow moe flowers in the hallways.”

Jieun giggled and whacked Himchan’s arm playfully. “You’re the one that sent them the smiling s for good luck!”

Himchan rolled his eyes. “Yeah, but they took the expression ‘go at it like bunnies’ way to literally, so now I feel like I’m suffocating because the is so thick you can cut it with a knife.”

Youngjae huffed indignantly. “We’re not that bad!”

As soon as he realized what he had said, his eyes widened and he immediately blushed furiously. Daehyun laughed softly and rested his chin on Youngjae’s shoulder, making the blonde shiver.

“But I can’t help it,” he whined softly. “I’ve got it really bad for Yoo here.”

Himchan raised his eyebrows and smiled. “Oh, it’s bad alright.”

Jieun playfully mimicked Himchan’s expression. “Oh, you’ve got it bad.”

Youngjae puffed his cheeks and pouted. “Jung, you’re not helping!”

Daehyun kissed Youngjae’s puffy cheek softly, grinning like an idiot. “I’m telling the truth.”

The blonde immediately blushed and turned around fully, glaring at the other boy.

“Daehyun,” he pouted.

Immediately, Daehyun’s eyes went dark, and he s an arm around Youngjae’s waist and pressed the blonde against himself, making Youngjae gasp quietly.

“Damn it, Youngjae.”

Youngjae whimpered softly as he clutched the front of Daehyun’s uniform again, immediately forgetting about the other two people standing with them in the hallway. He could feel Daehyun’s warm and steady heartbeat through the tips of his fingers.

Himchan cleared his throat again, but this time Daehyun didn’t let Youngjae go. Youngjae squirmed against the other boy’s grip, softly protesting, but Daehyun only leaned forward, planting a warm kiss on the tip of Youngjae’s nose. Himchan sighed, grinning to himself and walked forward, placing his hands so they covered Jieun’s eyes. Jieun squeaked in surprise.

“Guys! Daehyun, I love that you’re finally getting my annoying friend some action, but Jieun still has a mind. Let’s keep everything PG-“

Youngjae immediately turned, his cheeks flushed as he glared at Himchan. “Annoying friend?”

“I do not have a mind!” Jieun protested.

Himchan rolled his eyes. “Fine. A homoual mind.”

Daehyun immediately snorted, which turned into a cough when Youngjae puffed his cheeks out. Jieun huffed indignantly, placing her hands on her hips.

Hey! I may be a girl, but I’ve watched my fair share of boy’s love videos…!”

Her eyes widened and her voice trailed off as she realized suddenly that everyone was staring at her. She immediately blushed.

“Wait! I mean-“

“You,” Himchan asked, amazed. (Which never happens, because Kim Himchan is rarely ever surprised) “Have watched gay ?”

Youngjae’s mouth dropped open, and he felt Daehyun shift uncomfortably. Jieun covered her eyes, blushing.

“There was this one time Sunhwa made me watch it, so…”

Sunhwa happened to walk by.

“What did I make you watch?”

There was a silence when Daehyun and Himchan visibly stiffened. Youngjae cleared his throat, attempting to break the sudden awkward silence that fell on the group like a stifling cloak.

“Uh, gay .”

Sunhwa frowned and shrugged indifferently, seemingly oblivious to the way Himchan was shooting daggers at her.

“Oh, yeah. We watched that.”

Daehyun choked on air, his face red. He hid his face in Youngjae’s neck in embarrassment.

“I can’t believe two of my best childhood friends were watching gay together,” he said, his voice slightly muffled. Sunhwa raised her eyebrows.

“Well, Jieun was the one that asked me if ‘Daehyun and Youngjae did it in the same positions as in the video.’”

Daehyun groaned again, his face burning as Jieun squeaked a small ‘I was just curious!’ and hid her face in her hands, her ears flaming red. Youngjae felt his face heat up. Himchan laughed, opening up to Sunhwa slightly.

“At least you weren’t on the phone with Youngjae when Daehyun was grinding relentlessly into his ,” Himchan teased. Daehyun’s face was burning when he hid behind Youngjae, who was also blushing furiously.

Sunhwa laughed slightly and she took a deep breath, spinning to face Youngjae, her smile faltering when she saw Daehyun so close to the blonde.

“Youngjae-sshi, I’ve finished sewing the maid outfits. Would you like to try yours on? Himchan-sshi, you too.”

Youngjae nodded and started to follow Sunhwa and Himchan back into the classroom. There was a small tug on his sleeve and Daehyun pressed his mouth near Youngjae’s ear.

“Are you going to be okay with her?”

His voice was soft and uncertain, and Youngjae immediately turned so he was facing the other boy.

“I’m going to be okay,” he promised quietly, and he blushed as he pressed his lips softly against the other boy’s. He then turned and ran off to follow Sunhwa and his best friend, leaving Daehyun to watch him as he slid the door shut.

----------

[A little later, in the classroom]

All the boys that had to wear maid costumes all gathered inside. (Junhong was crying in the corner of the classroom because he didn’t want to wear a ‘freaking maid skirt’.)

Byun Baekhyun had just put on his outfit. The simple black dress reached just below his knee, revealing Baekhyun’s thin, pale legs. Youngjae enviously watched on as Baekhyun’s feminine and petite features made it easy for the other boy to appear pretty in a maid’s outfit, despite being a boy.

Cho Kyuhyun and Himchan were both next, stepping out into the classroom. Kyuhyun and Himchan’s outfit accentuated their pale and flawless skin, making them both have an air of a mature beauty around them.

Sunhwa held out the last outfit in the pile, handing it to Youngjae.

“Youngjae-sshi, you’re next.”

, everyone here is skinny and pale…I’m the only one that’s going to appear fat and out of place.

Youngjae felt like crying when he grabbed his outfit, stepping into the makeshift dressing room inside the classroom. He bit his lip as he pulled the costume on, slipped on his shoulder length black wig and stepped outside, not checking himself in the mirror because he didn’t want to see what he looked like.

I most probably look hideous. I don’t need Daehyun seeing me like this.

There was silence as Youngjae stepped out of the dressing room, fiddling nervously with the ends of his wig. He realized that everyone had stopped what they were doing and stared at him, their mouths slightly open. Youngjae felt tears swim into his eyes and he bit his lip, an image of Daehyun’s handsome face twisted into a look of disgust coming into his mind.

“I’m going to go change,” he whispered to no one in particular, and he spun around. Sunhwa suddenly stepped forward and grabbed his hand, glaring as she did

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Her tone was commanding and slightly ticked off.

Youngjae flinched. “I’m sorry, I probably look hideous-“

Sunhwa sighed and let out a large groan as she spun him around so he was facing the body-length mirror behind him. Youngjae’s eyes widened as he realized Sunhwa had made his outfit different from the others. While the other maid outfits had only simple black dresses with plain white aprons, his sleeves were puffed out and there was black lace attached at the bottom of the dress and at the ends of his sleeves. The bottom of the costume only reached down to a mid-thigh length, revealing Youngjae’s long and slender legs. The outfit was completed with a pair of black heels.

Baekhyun whistled and nudged Himchan from the corner of the classroom as they both watched Youngjae stare at himself in disbelief in the mirror.

“I’d tap that,” he giggled.

Himchan grinned. “He’s taken.”

Baehyun winked. “So am I.”

“Park Chanyeol, I’m guessing?”

“Yup.”

Himchan snorted. “Huh.”

Baehyun raised an eyebrown underneath his red hair.

“Jongup, right? The one who can dance and the mean muscles.”

Himchan shrugged. “Equally mean in bed.”

“Oh?”

“Mhm.”

There was a pause in the conversation.

Baekhyun nudged him again. “Still would tap.”

Himchan snickered. “Same.”

Kyuhyun eyed Youngjae’s legs appreciatively. “Youngjae, you don’t even need makeup-“

Sunhwa cut in, crossing her arms as Youngjae continued to stare, open-mouthed, at his own reflection.

“He’s going to need makeup. We’re going all out.”

Youngjae turned and stared at Sunhwa, confused on why he had a special (and more embarrassing) outfit. She sighed.

“This is my apology for being a , Yoo Youngjae. And,” she added, flipping her bright orange hair and pointed at the blonde, raising an eyebrow confidently. “I know Daehyun very well, not to brag or anything. So you’re welcome.”

Youngjae couldn’t help but be confused at why on earth Daehyun would be happy when he saw his boyfriend in a lacy maid outfit that was scandalously short, but he knew better than to argue when he saw Sunhwa’s stubborn gaze on his body, muttering to herself on how else she could make Yoo Youngjae work.

-------

[10:00 AM, School Fair Starts]

Youngjae peaked out from behind the curtains and stared at the rest of his classmates as they got dressed into their uniforms, nervously tugging at the maid dress, wishing it were longer. Sunhwa poked Youngjae in the arm.

“Quit it,” she warned. “Don’t ruin my apology to you both. Now open your mouth and pucker up.”

His eyes wide, Youngjae obediently opened his mouth. Sunhwa took out a makeup brush and brushed a thin coat of lip gloss on to his lips. Her brows were furrowed in concentration as she spoke.

“And don’t rub your eyes. I put eyeliner and mascara on you, so if you rub, I’ll kill you and skin your .”

Youngjae made a scared noise at the back of his throat. Sunhwa then pulled back and adjusted Youngjae’s wig into place as she fixed up his uniform, clearing as she did.

“I know you’re beating yourself over me-” she began, but she was cut off when Himchan poked his head behind the curtains.

“Sunhwa, Youngjae, three minutes until our café is open.”

Sunhwa nodded at the boy and resumed talking as Himchan raised an eyebrow at them both and stepped out of the dressing room, leaving the two alone again. She bit her lip before speaking, continuing where she left off.

“Don’t beat yourself over me. Don’t be sorry. You need to be selfish for once.”

Youngjae flinched. “But-“

Sunhwa glared at the blonde. “Yes, it hurts,” she snapped. “Look, the only way I’m going to ever move on is if I try to accept that he chose you over me. Do I still sort of hate you? Yes. Will that go away? Hopefully. So, Youngjae, dear, why don’t you stand up straight and appreciate that I made this outfit way too short for you. And,” she motioned towards his legs, glaring at him. “You look stunning. Now get out of the changing room and let me change.”

She pushed him lightly out, and he stumbled out of the dressing room, pushing ungracefully through the curtains while he tripped over his black heels. When the room went silent, he nervously tugged at his wig, hoping that none of his blonde hair was showing from underneath the black hair. 

----------

Long time no update!! Although I'm not sure sure about this chapter ....◔̯︵◔

It's not that great. :/◔̯︵◔

But!! DOUBLE UPDATE GUYS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

It's my first double update. be honored.

honestly, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but my writing style has changed. Since Yoo and I is my first fanfic ever, my writing style has been changing and I think it's really obvious >< don't know if it's for the better or for the worse. leave a comment to tell me if it's getting better or worse? 

guys!!! I'm in Taiwan!!! I'm on vacation!! I'm not dead!! kekekekeke in case if you were wondering. if no one misses me, okay. TT love me love me love me

anyways! I'll be writing. I finally got wifi (i'm sitting in a Seven Eleven at a train station, kekekeke) and so I'm uploading what I wrote. I've edited it briefly, so please excuse any errors as usual!! <3