Only For Yoo

Yoo and I

Youngjae's POV

[A Week Later in Daehyun & Yongguk's Dorm]

"Yoo?" Daehyun suddenly asked. They had been working on their project, their legs shyly tangled underneath the coffee table. Youngjae was mulling over the fact that he had never heard Daehyun say that he liked him, and Youngjae was lost in thought. I never said I loved him either.

Were they dating? Youngjae wasn't sure, and he was too shy to ask. Since their date, they had been spending their days regularly, and although Himchan had scolded Youngjae that this was because the blonde wasn't being forward enough, Youngjae swore that Daehyun kept on coming on to him more- whispering to him, touching him, and watching him. He hoped that it wasn't just something he was imagining.

Daehyun shuffled over to Youngjae's side of the table, sitting righ next to the younger vocalist, making him jump and blush.

"What do you want, Jung?" Youngjae said, a little jumpy because of Daehyun's sudden closeness. Daehyun lightly pulled Youngjae's chin so the both of them were gazing into each other's eyes. Youngjae swallowed. Daehyun bit his lip. He suddenly shook his head.

"Never mind, I don't want to trouble you."

"Jung?" 

Daehyun shook his head, his brown hair falling slightly into his eyes. Youngjae whined. It's my turn to attack if you're not going to tell me.

Youngjae shifted himself so he was in front of Daehyun, sat on the brown haired boy's legs, and crawled so his face was right in front of Daehyun's so the other boy couldn't avoid his gaze. He puffed his cheeks, widened his eyes, and pouted, making Daehyun widen his own in surprise. 

"You're not going to tell me?" he whined softly, sounding needy. Daehyun visibly swallowed.

"Th-that's not fair, Yoo. You can't pull that look on me."

"Junggie~" Youngjae whined again, nuzzling Daehyun's chin.

Daehyun groaned and caved immediately. "IneedhelponmyenglishandIreallydon'tunderst-"

Youngjae giggled and poked the other's lips with a light finger. 

"What did I say about speaking slower?"

Daehyun leaned closer, his breath tickling Youngjae's ear.

"What did say about acting this way around me?" 

Youngjae batted his eyelashes and lowered his eyes, shivering and blushing.

"Y-you said...-" he tried to answer, suddenly tongue-tied. Daehyun laughed and stayed close to Youngjae, enjoying the blonde's sudden shyness. When Youngjae's breath started hitching, Daehyun whispered. "You should help me on my English homework?" Youngjae tried to make an indignant noise.

"Jung, you know what I said about everyone is a self-made pers-" Daehyun interrupted him, chuckling and pinching Youngjae's cheeks. Youngjae immediately whined, squirming.

"Jung!"

Daehyun was laughing. 

"That's why I changed my mind and didn't want to ask," Daehyun said. "Look at you, now you're all worried." He let go of Youngjae's fluffy cheek and moved back into a sitting position. "Our baby Yoo is all worried for Junggie~" he cooed.

When Youngjae didn't scoff like he usually did, Daehyun looked over and saw that the blonde was biting his lip, still considering Daehyun's question. Daehyun suddenly pushed Youngjae down, successfully breaking Youngjae out of his thoughts and making him gasp in surprise as his back lightly landed on Daehyun's rug. 

"Ya! Jung! What are you-no! Stop! AHAHAHAHA!"

Daehyun started tickling and pinching Youngjae's thin waist and sides, making the blonde gasp and wriggle beneath him.

"Jung!" Youngjae squealed, squirming and laughing, trying to push Daehyun's strong arms from his waist.

"Stop thinking about it! The English homework has been banished!" Daehyun warned, snickering while Youngjae laughed and feebly tried to escape, tears forming in his eyes. He was sniffling and out of breath. Suddenly, the tickling stopped. Youngjae looked up and suddenly was very aware that Daehyun was on top of him, pinning him down. The brown haired boy's eyes were dark as he gazed at the blonde below him. Daehyun leaned down, so his lips were right next to Youngjae's ear, his warm body pinning Youngjae's to the ground.

"Don't worry yourself over something as petty as my homework, Yoo." Youngjae hiccuped.

"But what if I want to worry?" He turned his head and whispered back into Daehyun's ear, making the other boy groan. 

"Youngjae. You really need to worry about yourself more," he whispered back, his voice sultry. Youngjae shivered and threaded one hand through Daehyun's soft brown hair. Stop being so y.

"Daehyun. I can take care of myself."

"But Youngjae-"

Youngjae interrupted him by giving him a full on pout, making Daehyun groan again, this time for an entirely different reason.

"Damn it, Yoo," Daehyun said, huskily.

"I win this time," Youngjae giggled, triumphant. 

"Don't be so sure about that, Jae." Daehyun growled, immediately stopping Youngjae's giggles and making the younger vocalist's eyes widen. He tilted Youngjae's face so their lips were in a closer proximity: just close enough to feel each other's breath, but not close enough to touch. They both stayed like that, gazing into each other's eyes and breathing in each other until the door suddenly slammed open, making both of them jump.

"Daehyun! What are you going to do about that English homewo-...OH." Yongguk cleared his throat, flustered at suddenly seeing his best friend and Youngjae on the ground. He scratched his head. "UH- I need to knock? I will knock. I will. I promise. I will...leave...now. I will leave now. Now. Yes." He backed out, shutting the door again.

Youngjae squeaked, turning beet red. He untangled his hand from Daehyun's hair and both righted themselves. Youngjae looked at the time, and realized it was ten o'clock at night already. With a jolt, he realized that Daehyun had to finish his homework and that Himchan was still waiting for him at home. He quickly gathered his things. 

"You're leaving now?" Daehyun asked. Youngjae thought he sounded a little wistful.

"Yeah, I've got to get home," Youngjae replied, still red. He walked out the doorway, and then quickly walked back. Daehyun looked up. 

"Did you forget something?" he asked, surprised at Youngjae's sudden reappearance. Himchan's words played in Youngjae's head. You're not taking the initiative enough!

"Yeah," Youngjae mumbled, and lightly padded across Daehyun's bedroom to where the brown haired boy was currently standing. He quickly reached up, and quickly pulled the front of Daehyun's shirt towards himself, making the elder make a noise of surprise.

"Yoo, what-" 

Youngjae made a soft shushing sound and placed his plump lips on Daehyun's nose, shutting his eyes tightly as he did so. When Youngjae finally had enough courage to open, his eyes immediately met Daehyun's heated gaze. His lips lingered on Daehyun's nose for a few moments before the older boy grabbed Youngjae's lower back and pulled him into a warm hug, pressing him against his chest. Youngjae, embarrassed and blushing furiously, quickly unhooked his arms from Daehyun's shirt and backed out of the door.

"Tomorrow, come to school early. I'm going to help you with that homework. You got that, Jung?" he said breathlessly, trying to sound confident, but his voice cracked in the process. He quickly turned around to run out of the room, almost running face first into the wall. As soon as Youngjae was outside, he finally stopped running. He hid his face in his hands quickly, completely embarrassed. 

"The things I do for Jung Daehyun," he muttered, his face burning.

------

[The Next Day, Before School]

Daehyun flopped on to his desk. He peaked at Youngjae, who was watching him, amused. Cute. Jung Daehyun literally is too cute.

After he saw that Youngjae was watching him, he immediately pulled his thick lips into a pout, giving Youngjae puppy eyes. Youngjae giggled, but shook his head. Daehyun immediately whined. "It's too hard!" 

Youngjae laughed, pointing at the English homework. "We went over this in class, Jung." Daehyun frowned, and then flopped back on to his desk again.

"But Yoo~" he whined. "Who pays attention in class?"

Youngjae giggled. "do. C'mon Jung, you can do this." He gently nudged the homework forward.

Daehyun whined and rolled around on the table, complaining and babbling on how mean Youngjae was to him. Peaking up again and seeing that Youngjae was only giggling, Daehyun sighed and finally propped himself up with one hand, his cheeks being squished to one side. His brown eyes sparkled. Youngjae laughed softly, brushing his bangs out of his eyes.

"Are you finally ready to do this, Jung? Or am I going to have to wait for you?" he teased. Daehyun pouted.

"Yes, Teacher Yoo," he said, his eyes shining mischeviously. Youngjae swatted his shoulder playfully and handed Daehyun's the paper. Daehyun grumbled and cleared his throat and read the homework, stumbling on the lines.

'Tis not too rrate to seek a newer worrrd.

Push off, and sitting wellrr in order smite

The s-sounding....uh...furr....furrows? for my purpose horrrds

To sairrr b...b...beyond the sunset? sunset, and the b..bath...baths

Of arrr the westerrrrnnn stars, untirr I d-die.

Daehyun looked up and saw that Youngjae was covering his mouth with both hands, tears in his eyes, and his shoulders were thanking from laughter. He immediately flushed pink and flopped back on to the desk, ears burning. He peaked at Youngjae, red-faced. 

"Is...Is it really that bad?"

Youngjae nodded his head, unable to say anything. He just sat there, doubled over in silent laughter. Someone put a warning sign on Jung Daehyun because he is too cute. 

Daehyun sat up, his ears still red. "Ya. Stop laughing!" he whined. Youngjae just shook his head, unable to stop. Daehyun suddenly looked around. Seeing that there was no one else in the classroom yet, he leaned forward and kissed Youngjae lightly, his warm mouth brushing against the blonde's cheek. Youngjae's eyes widened and he immediately stopped laughing and started hiccuping instead. 

"Pay back from last night," Daehyun grinned slyly, his face still pink. Youngjae hiccuped again.

They spent the next few minutes trying to get Daehyun to understand the homework, laughing while they did. Soon, their classmates started trickling in. Jieun and Junhong entered the room, saw the two, and headed over to sit with them. When Youngjae explained to them what they were doing, both Junhong and Jieun couldn't stop laughing, making Daehyun groan and hold his head between his hands. Jieun and Youngjae giggled, while Junhong openly just laughed at the Busan boy. 

------

[Later On In Class]

Mr. Kim cleared his throat after the class settled down. "Class, I'm sure that you've noticed it's that time of year again. It's Christmas!"

The class tittered and murmured excitedly.

"I'm also sure that you know you will have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years' Eve, and New Years' Day off, but that's it. You all should know TS's system for vacations- all vacations are combined into one very large summer vacation. Correct?" The class murmured a 'yes' again, so Mr. Kim continued. 

"Besides these four days off, we have a fifth day off. You all know why that is, right? Can anyone tell the class why that is?" Sunhwa's hand immediately shot up. Mr. Kim called on her. "Yes, Sunhwa?"

"It's the Christmas Music Celebration for TS Academy, sir." The girls in the classroom giggled excitedly, glancing at each other. Youngjae was confused. The Christmas Music what?

Mr. Kim smiled in approval. "Correct. It will take place in two weeks' time. This is a day of celebration, where students spend the first day performing and the second half of the day at the formal dance designated in the school's ballroom. The sign up sheets for performing are posted at the classroom door. Ladies and men, please dress accordingly to the dress code, but also please dress formally. Those who are indecently dressed or not dressed up enough will not be admitted. Now, dance partners," Mr. Kim continued. "Girls, guys, you need to find a dance partner. Whether it just be a friend, a relative, or a date-" The class made catcalls, and Mr. Kim laughed. "Dance partners are a must. Think of it just like the buddy system." Mr. Kim then grinned. "Do I need to go over the 'no drugs and please have safe or no at all' talk with you guys, or will you be responsible students?"

The boys groaned while the girls giggled, but nevertheless, the whole class murmured a "no, we're responsible, Mr. Kim". Youngjae laughed lightly at his teacher, and snorted with Jongup when Junhong turned around in his seat to look at Jongup and Youngjae and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at the mention of 'no drugs and '. He was busy mouthing at Junhong to turn around when he noticed someone else was wiggling his eyebrows at him as well. Youngjae giggled.

Daehyun had turned around in his seat so he was facing Youngjae from his position. He wore a silly grin that lit up his handsome features, and he was also wiggling those eyebrows of his ridiculously at Youngjae. Youngjae smiled and quickly motioned at Daehyun to turn around, pretending to be annoyed. Youngjae giggled quietly and he stared at Daehyun, trying to send the other boy a message.

You are literally a kid, Jung Daehyun, Youngjae sent, staring into Daehyun's brown eyes.

Daehyun smirked, and winked at Youngjae, almost as if to say "And you love it, Yoo Youngjae." Youngjae immediately huffed indignantly, blushing. Daehyun laughed and mouthed, "I need to talk to you after class". 

Youngjae's stomach flipped. Daehyun widened his eyes to make sure Youngjae understood, and Youngjae giggled and shyly nodded. Daehyun grinned before turning back in his seat to face the front, his chair leaning on its hind two legs. 

"On that note, class is dismissed!" Mr. Kim announced. 

There was a flurry of movement as soon as the teacher left the classroom. Youngjae was startled. Wow, everyone's really excited. 

He turned to ask Jongup who he was going to ask, but to his surprise, the brown haired dancer was already gone. Junhong turned around and mouthed 'Himchan', and Youngjae immediately started smiling. Oh of course. 

When he turned back to look for Daehyun, however, he realized that the boy had been immediately surrounded by girls and guys, all asking him who he was going to invite to the dance (or if they would go with them as their date). Daehyun rubbed the back of his neck and grinned, but Youngjae didn't wait for him to answer their requests. He immediately walked out, jealousy eating at his insides. What are you doing? It's not Daehyun's fault he's both good-looking and nice.

After pacing around by himself outside the classroom, Youngjae finally got up the courage and was about to reenter the classroom when Daehyun burst out. His brown hair was slightly disheveled, and he immediately spotted Youngjae amongst the crowd of people. He ran, grinning, and grabbed Youngjae's hand, and pulled him down the hallway. They ran for about five minutes until they were behind the same building that they were at when Daehyun first asked Youngjae to be his music partner. They stopped and leaned against the wall, laughing and panting, giggling like idiots.

"Yoo." Daehyun gasped.

"Jung?" Youngjae responded, clutching the stitch in his side, panting.

"Will...uh...with me...you...I mean, uh, what I mean is...," Daehyun suddenly was nervous, fidgeting with the buttons on his uniform. "I want...uh...Willyougo-" Youngjae leaned forward and poked Daehyun's chest lightly. 

"Ya. What did I say about talking fast?" Youngjae giggled. Daehyun grabbed Youngjae's hand, and looked into Youngjae's startled eyes. Youngjae wasn't sure whose heart was beating faster. Daehyun swallowed nervously. 

"What I mean to say, is, uh, I mean, will you go to-" 

Suddenly, a girl's voice cut through their conversation. This time, Sunhwa had found Daehyun. 

"Daehyun! I found you!" she said, not even sparing a glance at Youngjae. "You left so early that I didn't even get to talk to you!" She stepped forward and talked to the brown haired vocalist as if Youngjae wasn't even there. Daehyun cleared his throat.

"Uh, Sunhwa, now's not a good time-"

"Will you go to the dance with me?" Sunhwa interrupted, batting her pretty eyelashes, and curling one finger around her orange hair. Youngjae suddenly couldn't breathe. Sunhwa was so beautiful. What was he compared to her? Why did I even think that I had a chance?

He yanked his hand out of Daehyun's grasp, suddenly very afraid and not wanting to hear the answer Daehyun was about to give, and he ran off without stopping, even though Daehyun shouted after him. As he passed Sunhwa, she smirked at him. 

"That's right, fatty," she whispered to Youngjae quietly while smirking. "That's right."

-------

CLIFFHANGER MUAHAHA (again) ( ・∀・)っ♨ I'm sorry! I'm such an evil authornim! (´_ゝ`)" keke. I found time to write another chapter today! It's a mid-length chapter, and I'm so tired! I hope it's good enough "(ԾДԾ)७ This was mostly for plot development, so I hope it wasn't too boring. ( ・∀・)っ♨ 

I've noticed that you guys have taken the poll! I'm going to leave it open for a bit, (ԾДԾ)७ since there's still a little while until I actually have to make a decision. (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)♥

I've also noticed that you guys have commented on the '' in chapter ten(◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)♥ HAHA! I love you guys! I was checking the comments today in class and I burst out laughing and grinning like an idiot. ⊂(´・◡・⊂ )∘˚˳° seriously you guys are the best! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ what did I ever do to deserve you all? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Just a quick clarification! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ♥ the 'maybe' option of the poll for the M-rated chapters is the third option!! what I mean by linking it is that i write two chapters- one M-Rated and one not. Of course, this would take longer, but I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable ˓(ᑊᘩᑊ⁎)

 

As usual, comments and critiques are appreciated! ( ・∀・)っ♨♥

Thanks for reading! I love you guys! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ♥ ✌(◕‿-)✌

The poem Daehyun 'oh-so-brilliantly' recites is an old poem written by Alfred Lord Tennyson named Ulysses. It's really old! Ulysses basically is another name for the hero Odysseus in Greek Mythology.