The 1st Time I Saw Yoo

Yoo and I

Youngjae's POV

Youngjae had gotten up very early that morning. He made sure that his uniform was extra neat, his teeth extra white, and his hair extra combed. He sighed as he looked into the mirror, poking angrily at (in his opinion) much too puffy cheeks, and decided that he was ready for his first day. His hands were cold and he had butterflies in his stomach from his nervousness and excitement, so he had to close his eyes and sit down.

Ping.

Youngjae quickly turned around and grabbed his cellphone off his bedside table. 

Test Message from: Channie♥

Ya! Are you ready yet? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) I'm going to be an old wrinkly prune if I wait any longer! 

-Channie♥

Youngjae snickered, grabbed his backpack, and bolted out the door. His best friend Himchan sighed impatiently and playfully punched Youngjae as they walked together towards their first day at TS Academy.

---

[At TS]

"You're SO freaking out."

"Am not."

"So much yes."

"So much NOT."

"Youngjae. You have been standing still, in front of the class sheet, for a total of five minutes. Have you even looked at it yet?"

Youngjae twitched. "Yes, I have."

"And what class are you in?" Himchan asked, smirking, because his best friend was too cute.

Youngjae bit his lip, unwilling to give in. He knew he was too stubborn most of the time, and he could hear the triumphant tone in his closest friend's voice.

"I....I'm in..." He quickly raised his eyes, brushed his fluffy yellow hair out of his eyes, and scanned for his name, a little lost at what to do. As he was scanning, a deep voice with a slight Busan accent cut through his thoughts.

"You need help?"

Youngjae turned to his side from where that sultry voice was coming from and found himself staring into the eyes of a boy who was slightly taller than him. His mouth was pulled into a small smile and his eyes had a mischevious glint in them, and his hair was a dark brown that reminded Youngjae of his favorite chocolate. He had his hands in the pockets of his uniform. Was our uniform ever this good looking?

That perfect mouth and those thick lips started moving, and those chocolate brown eyes were staring at him. Who knew a Busan accent could be this y?

 "-okay?"

"Huh?" Youngjae suddenly was snapped back into reality. The boy chuckled a little.

"You okay? Is there something on my face?"

Youngjae suddenly realized that he had been staring at the boy's face without ever answering his original question. He blushed lightly at his blunder, silently cursing at himself for already making a fool out of himself in front of one of his new schoolmates. His hot schoolmate.

He cleared his throat and flushed even darker when he noticed, out of the corner of his eye, that Himchan was watching his interaction, doubled over in laughter against one of the building's pillars with tears rolling down his cheeks. Himchan's eyes met Youngjae's, and this only made Himchan laugh even harder, clutching his stomach and leaning against the said pillar for support.

Scarlet and barely able to contain his embarrassment, Youngjae turned to the boy he was talking to. 

"S'my name there?", he mumbled quietly, quickly earning a grin from the other boy.

"What's your name?"

"Yoo Youngjae..." 

The boy's eyes quickly lit up.

"Ah, you're in my class, Youngjae! Class 2B. By the way, my name's Jung Daehyun." Daehyun smiled, and Youngjae suddenly wanted to punch himself because Daehyun's smile only enhanced his handsome features even more. Daehyun, noticing Youngjae's silence, was about to say something when suddenly two girls grabbed his arms and tugged him to them. 

"Daehyunnie~ where have you been? We've been looking all over!" One of the girls with bright orange hair said, pouting and batting her eyes prettily. A boy with a deep voice quickly wrapped his arm around Daehyun's neck and awkwardly pouted.

"We're going to visit our classrooms. You said we would, together, but you didn't show up. Daehyun, you traitor. Found yourself another friend already?" The boy with the deep voice glanced at Youngjae. Youngjae bowed, slightly embarrassed, all the while wondering why his chest hurt when he saw Daehyun had friends already.

Daehyun grinned. "Ya, is Yonggukkie sad? I was just helping a student out. C'mon, let's go!" 

Daehyun threw a grin at Youngjae and uttered a quick "see you 'round school, then, Yoo" and walked away with his friends. punching Yongguk playfully and telling him 'never to do aegyo again or he'd throw up'. Youngjae sighed, rubbing his chest a little.

As soon as they left, Himchan tapped Youngjae on the shoulder, still sniffling because his friend's embarrassed face (and obvious infatuation) with this Jung Daehyun kid was hilarious as seeing 2PM's Taecyeon cross dressing on TV, dancing to Girls' Generation's Genie.

"What *hic* class?"

Youngjae shoved lightly at Himchan's chest and huffed in frustration, pouting as his cheeks puffed up. "2B!"

Himchan looked dismayed. "Oh, we're in different classes then. I'm in 2A, right next door." When Youngjae bit his lip at this, Himchan playfully pushed his best friend's arm.

"Ya, Youngjae, don't look too sad. I'll visit you whenver! How could I leave my Jae alone, hm?" He winked, trying to cheer his blonde friend up.

Youngjae, not sure that making friends with others was going to be easy without Himchan to ease the conversation, just simply nodded, too preoccupied with a certain hot classmate and the prospect of being in class alone to notice Himchan's worried glances at his friend.

-----

not much happened here, sorry ^^" if you've suffered through this chapter, congrats and not to worry! ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ The other chapters are more eventful. ✌(◕‿-)

if there's anything I can do, please don't be afraid to comment! ⊂(´・◡・⊂ )∘˚˳°

Thanks so much for reading, guys! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ♥