018

Sehun, Stop Cheating!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Other Half Belongs to Luhan

I awoke the next morning with an aggravating headache. I haven't even left the bed yet to know that I was going to get off on the wrong side. With a groan, I swung my legs over the left side and trudged into the bathroom. My eyes caught sight of my reflection and I flinched. I looked like a wreck.

I huffed and grabbed my toothbrush to wash up. Typically, I would smooth out my hair, apply a thin layer of makeup, and straighten out my outfit before stepping out of my room. But today, I could barely bring myself to get ready. My body felt limp and lifeless as I meandered throughout the corners of my room, tossing random articles of clothing that I would normally wear aside, and just settling on black knee-ripped jeans and a gray sweatshirt. I stared at my torpid reflection and realized how dull and hallow my face was. My hand instinctively stretched to the nearest tube of BB cream, but I thought twice and chastised myself. There was no need to enhance my appearance. I put on the glasses that I haven't worn in months and turned away from the mirror. "He only cared about appearance," I muttered to myself. "He never cared about my true feelings."

Exiting my room, I almost rammed into my mom, but my morose spirit didn't even react in surprise. 

My mom, concerned, searched my face. "Haneul, is everything alright?" She cupped my cheeks in her hands and observed me. "You look so pale today."

I shook myself away and headed toward the door. "I'll be ok, mom." I slipped on my shoes, and a thought popped into my mind. I asked, "Mom, did Kris leave yet?"

"Not that I know of." She shook her head. "Why, did you want to walk to school with him?"

I nodded slowly. Last night's occurrences irrefutably left me enervated, drained of energy. "Yeah, is Kris almost done?" I mustered out.

"Kris, are you done?" Mom shouted down the hallway. 

Kris's voice came booming back, "Give me a few minutes; I just woke up!"

I was too lethargic to check what time it was. The notion of being late for school suddenly seemed welcoming, since I didn't want to face Sehun... or any of his potential girlfriends.

My mom yelled, "Well, hurry up, Kris! Haneul's waiting for you and school starts in ten minutes!"

"Why isn't she walking to school with Sehun? Why me?!"

I let the couch engulf me as I sank down. My actions caused my mom to panic. "Are you depressed? Haneul, please tell me."

I brushed it off. "It's nothing."

She bit her bottom lip and went into the kitchen, retrieved something, and came back. "Here," she said, handing me a polished red apple. "You need some energy. Eat it on the way."

Even though I knew I wouldn't eat it, I accepted it anyway, out of courtesy so that she wouldn't be worried sick. Her chest heaved in relief.

Kris emerged from his room and strolled over, adjusting a blue beanie on his head. "K, let's go." He grabbed a jacket and slipped on his chunky Vans. 

I unwillingly slid out of the cushioned goodness of the couch and braced myself against the gust of biting wind. 

"Stay safe, you two! Have fun today!" My mom smiled encouragingly, and I knew it was directed towards me. 

I perfidiously returned the smile, but immediately turned and headed out onto the sidewalk. Kris jogged up beside me. He asked, "Is there a reason why you wanted to wait for me today? Where's Sehun?"

His breath stank. No, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter