017

Sehun, Stop Cheating!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Discovery and Recognition

    "So like, Chanyeol and I were just making fun of how insane that movie trailer was," Hana chortled right when Luhan left to the basement. I was barely paying attention, as my mind kept wandering to why Sehun had acted so ascetic when Luhan was around. It was such an enigma, yet I couldn't help but feel angry. Didn't Sehun have eight other girlfriends? I mentally scoffed. Then why did it seem like he was precluding me from even hanging out with one other guy?
    "Aye, are you listening to me?" Hana shook her hands in front of my face to whip me out of my thoughts. She sighed dramatically. "Geez, I'm trying to lament about my love life here and you're not even mentally in the room."
   I pushed myself off the couch and tried to clear my head. Teasingly, I joked, "I bet Kris is gonna get mad when he hears you talking about Chanyeol like that."
   "Ha-ha," she retorted. "I appreciate your levity, but Chanyeol is some serious business-"
    Bang. The both of us were startled when we heard the door to the basement slap against the frame. Sehun was roughly tugging his jacket over his head and making his way to the door in an infuriated state. 
    "Sehun?" I called out tentatively. He briefly turned towards me, but thought better of it, and just proceeded to put on his shoes.
    Right when he placed his hand on the door knob, he glanced back, and I felt a resurgence of hope. But he just shook his head as if his thoughts weren't even worth consideration, and simply stated, "See you later, Haneul." 
     I felt inclined to follow him- wasn't that the natural thing to do if your boyfriend just walks out deliberately? But instead, I felt anchored to my seat, aghast at what had just happened.
    A few moments later, the two remaining figures emerged from behind the basement door in a frenzy. Kris asked, "Did Sehun just leave?" Hana nodded. "Aish," he ran his fingers through his matted hair. "That guy is so immature sometimes," Kris began. "I just told him to adjust his guitar strings and he suddenly went on a huge tirade."
    Luhan stood there quietly, but his disposition revealed that he was also annoyed, yet vexed at Sehun's sudden change of behavior. Wasn't everyone?
    Kris turned to him. "You should go, Luhan. I guess we can't really practice with just the two of us."
    Luhan reluctantly acquiesced and walked to the front door. "Yeah, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." 
     Kris ran over to Hana and threw himself onto the couch to engulf her in a monumental hug. "Haneul, go him out. I have to let out my exhaustion by hugging my little teddy," he said as Hana squirmed against his embrace.
    I followed Luhan and waited as he slipped on his shoes. "Thanks," he said to me, smiling.
     My eyebrows furrowed. "For what?" Was he thanking me for the soda? He couldn't possibly mean the tickling session right? What else then-
     He chuckled. "For escorting me to the door." Before I could even respond, Luhan gave a miniscule wave. "See you later, Haneul, or around school."
     "Later," Kris called out, his voice muffled against Hana's shoulder.
     Luhan stepped out, and after I locked the door, I passed by Hana, who was openly pleading for me to get the giant away from her. I just shrugged nonchalantly, grabbed my backpack and books, and headed into my room. 
    I set everything down and decided to distract myself by immersing my hodgepodge of thoughts into homework. Four hours of scribbling out math and history answers later, I finally tossed my pencil aside. "Whew, done." I sighed and gave my neck a chance to hang back, being ameliorated from hours of chronic concentration. Unfortunately, right when I allowed myself a respite, all the troubles ricocheted back into my mind. Why was Sehun so mad? "Ugh," I pounded my head with my fists. "This is so dumb."
    Shoving my finished work into my backpack and placing it next to the door, I wondered if Hana had left yet. I shrugged mindlessly; she probably already did, since she'd use any opportunity to get away from Kris. I grabbed a pair of gray sweats and a white v-neck, heading into the bathroom to wash up. My skin welcomed the steaming mist as I stepped in. It was a stark contrast against the frosty winter air just outside the window. The same air that reminded me of Sehun's and my first encounter caused me to inadvertently snarl at the thought. I surprised myself. Was I starting to get mad at him?
     I finished my routine, changed into the loungewear, and returned to the comfort of my room. Upon returning, my phone lit up, and I realized that I had just missed two calls from Sehun. I bit my lower lip. He probably called to apologize, didn't he? I sighed in exasperation, muttering to myself, "Should I return the call?" My finger hovered above his contact name, deb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter