The Flying B-Bomb

The One and Only B-Bomb

“Wake Up” B-bomb turned over in his sleep. “I said wake up!”B-Bomb slowly opened his eyes only to be greeted by Taeil. “You sleep like dead person. You better get up or you won’t get any breakfast.”

B-bomb rose from his bed and changed into fresh clothes. He headed outside his trailer and walked up to a bunch of picnic tables, his eye got caught on Minnie who was eating with a bunch of the circus cast.

Minnie then noticed his presence. “B-bomb over here!”

B-bomb sat down across from her. “B-bomb this is Jane my roommate, Jane this is my friend I was telling you about.”

Jane smiled “ nice to meet you”

B-bomb became distracted by Jane’s beard. And Minnie kicked him from under the table.

“Did you get any food?” Minnie asked while pointing to the woman with the hair net on.

B-bomb’s stomach growled and Minnie laughed. He got up and headed towards the breakfast.

“Today’s meal is oatmeal and bananas all part of a nutritious breakfast.” A nearby man commented. “ You must be new, I’m P.O” And he held out his hand for B-bomb to shake.

“B-bomb”he looked back at the woman in the hair net and she spooned him some oatmeal. “Thanks mam.” The woman’s face looked wrinkly, old and unamused.

P.O whispered into B-bomb’s ear. “She never speaks, only cooks. We named her Lady Petunia.” P.O looked up at the woman. “Have a nice day Petunia!”

B-bomb walked back to his seat across from Minnie. “Who was that?” she asked.

“The gentleman with the purple hair of the not-so-happy Petunia?” B-bomb replied.

Jane got up and began to run after P.O “P.O! Wait for me!”

“I guess they know each other” Minnie mentioned.

Just at that moment a short blond man sat on their table. “So, you wanna join the circus?” His smile stretched to half his face.

“Yes sir!” B-bomb was growing eager.

“I’m the owner and ringmaster of the Circus. Name’s Kyung” Kyung hopped down from the table. “Acrobats meet in the tent, and as for u my lady, you’ll be meeting the magician.”

-

B-Bomb waved Minnie goodbye and walked into the tent. There were only three of them.

The acrobats were practicing their routines when they noticed B-bomb. “Fresh Meat!” one of them yelled. “Don’t scare him!” another whined. It wasn’t until the three of them got close enough did B-Bomb notice their height. The three of them were triplets all 4 feet tall.

One of them coughed and cleared his throat “My name is Chuck, the whiner is Dooley and the idiot is Fred.” Chuck stood back next to the others “and we’re the Large Brothers.”

B-bomb stepped back in shock. “Hello I’m –“

“B-bomb we know. Zico told us you were joining us. Alright let’s get down to business.”

The Large Brothers then began to jump around the room. B-Bomb tried to keep up but he just wasn’t getting it. The brothers then moved to the trapeze.

B-bomb climbed to the top of the trapeze and looked down.

“Whatcha waiting for Bomby?” Dooley asked. “Aren’t scared are you?”

B-bomb gulped. “I think I’m gonna sit this one out if that’s okay.”  B-Bomb turned and faced the latter “Maybe another time.”

And right at that moment, Fred pulled B-Bomb off the platform and swung him in the air. “Hey Chuck catch!” and he tossed B-bomb into the air.

AHHHHHHHHHHH B-bomb screamed and Chuck caught him. “Would you stop screaming you’re blowing my eardrum out.”

B-bomb opened his tightly shut eyes. He looked down and wasn’t so scared; it was like he was flying. B-bomb began to laugh hysterically.

“I think I liked it better when you screamed” Chuck yelled.

  -

Kyung lead Minnie to a tent behind the trailers. “Until next time.” Kyung kissed her hand and left.

In the tent she saw a poker table covered in chips and cards. In the corner of her eye she saw a man emerge from the back.

“Do you play?”

“No never learned how” Then she realized who it was that she was talking to “wait you’re the guy that keeps disappearing!” 

“I am a magician, and a great one in my opinion.” He bowed and took off his hat revealing his white hair underneath. “My name is Jaehyo, now you know. And you’re Minnie, my you’re skinny”

“Why do you keep doing that?”

“I don’t know what you mean, my little curious teen.”

Minnie sighed and moved on. “So I guess you know I’m your new assistant.”  

“I guess so, now Minnie I’d like to know, what is your purpose for joining the Circus?”

“I don’t actually know… to have fun I guess”

Jaehyo smiled. “Then let’s have fun, but only after the work is done.”

Jaehyo handed her a mop and a duster. Minnie reluctantly took them and began to clean.