The Iron Gut

The One and Only B-Bomb

After finishing cleaning the tent Minnie left in search for B-bomb. She noticed him sitting out on the picnic tables wiping his sweat with a towel.

“B-Bomb!” she called.

B-bomb looked up “Minnie!”

“How was your first day? They weren’t too hard on you were they?”

“No it was great! Chuck says I’m a natural on Trapeze. Their even planning to put me in the next show!” B-bomb gleam of excitement. “How was your day?”

“Oh uh my day…I got a lot done”

“That’s good to hear. Hey I got to get back and work on the routine. See you at dinner.” B-Bomb walked off leaving Minnie alone.

Minnie sighed, B-bomb was doing so well and all she did was someone else’s chores.

“Psssssssst”

Minnie looked around for the source of the noise, but didn’t see anything.

“Pssssssssssssssttttttt” the voice sounded irritated. “Over here!!!”

Minnie turned around and saw a face poking out of the bushes. Minnie pointed to herself questionably.

“Yes you, get over here” the boy waved Minnie over.

Minnie walked over and crouched by the bush. “Yes” she asked.

The boy pulled her down into the bush.

“Ow” Minnie yelped. “Shhhh” the boy held a finger over his lips. Minnie just gave him a puzzled look. He then pointed to a pie siting on the picnic table.

Confused and irritated Minnie tried to get up but the boy pulled her down. Then she noticed P.O walking up to the pie.

“Wait for it” the boy said.

P.O circled the pie for a few seconds and then looked around to see if anyone was around. After hesitating for a while he took a huge bite into the pie and it made a loud crunching noise.

The boy jumped out of the bushes. “Got you!!!” he yelled.

P.O looked at him in disbelief. “What was in it this time?”

“Cockroaches”

“That’s it? You can do better than that U-Kwon.”

“Cockroaches and thumb tacks.”

Minnie sprang up from the bush and P.O jumped in surprise. “You put thumb tacks in his pie!” she moved her attention to P.O “and you ate it!”

“Chill out babe! P.O here can eat anything.” U-Kwon looked proud of his friend.

Minnie looked at P.O “Is that true?”

“I’m the Iron Gut. I can eat just about anything.”

Minnie's mouth dropped in shock.

-

Soon dinner time had arrived and all of the circus performers looked starved.

“What’s on the menu Petunia?” Kyung asked.

Petunia just blankly stared at him and dropped stew on his plate.

Minnie grabbed her stew and sat with B-Bomb and Jane.

“Attention everyone, your attention please!!” Zico yelled and jumped up on a picnic table. “I have some announcements to make.”

Ukwon cut in “Were finally getting AC in our trailers!

“Sadly no” Zico said. “As you all know we have two new recruits. Let’s give them a hand for leaving whatever life they had before to come join us.”

Everyone clapped. “Alright alright, now as you all know our next show is coming up fast.” The clapping started again. “Settle down now. This going to have to be our best show yet and does anyone know why?”

Kyung raised his hand. “Pick me! I know!”

Zico continued “Any one?”

Kyung began to wave his arm franticly.

“Well it’s because a big investor is coming to town.”

Kyung sighed and looked back at his food.

“This investor can get us on the map, well that’s if he likes the show” Zico continued “ I have no doubts that you all will take this seriously and perform to the best of your abilities. That’s all, continue eating.”

Jane spoke up “It must be serious if Zico made an announcement about it.”

“Is the circus in need of money?” Minnie asked.

“Not particularly, we do fine as is. I just think Zico has high hopes for us. He really wants us to make it big.”

Minnie put down her fork and stood up. “Then that just what we’ll have to do then.”

“Were gonna make it big!”