I Promise

The One and Only B-Bomb

B-bomb woke up early the next morning. He looked over at Taeil who was creating a drool puddle on his pillow. B-bomb his back and tried to go back to sleep, with no luck he decided he would sneak out to practice.

He crept out of the trailer closing the door slowly so he wouldn’t wake Taeil. Once he entered the tent he checked the net to make sure it was stable. “Looks good to me”

B-bomb climbed to the top of the tightrope. Tightrope walking, as Chuck once told him, was an art and required full concentration.

He began to walk across the rope. He could feel himself wobble a little while he walked. He kept steady until he was halfway across and then he looked down. B-bomb started to lose focus and freak out.  He wobbled left and leaned right, he waved his arms franticly to stay on.

He caught his cool and became steady again. “Focus B-bomb focus” he said to himself “What would Minnie think If I fell”

Minnie, he thought. He felt regrets from what happened the night before. I probably scared her. B-bomb began to wobble again on the rope.

He tried to focus but thoughts of how Minnie ran away crept into his mind. He felt like he ruined their friendship.

B-bomb slipped off the tight rope and fell onto the net. But the net wasn’t secure and his shoulder hit the ground.

B-bomb growled in pain.

He got up and tried to move his arm. It was painful. How could he perform now?  He couldn’t, but he had to.  It was his big debut and the show needed him. With so little time left until the show there wasn’t enough time to re-write any of the acts. Besides he was the one that forced Minnie to go with him in the first place he couldn’t let her down.

Chuck, Dooey and Fred walked in. “Hey B-bomb what are you doing in here?” Chuck asked.

“Oh, just getting in some extra practice” B-bomb replied.

“Breakfast is ready, let’s all go eat” Dooey said.

B-bomb looked at his arm.

“You all right B-bomby?” Dooey asked.

“Yeah I’m perfectly fine”

-

B-bomb walked out with the triplets and sat down at his usual seat next to Minnie.

“Hey” she said.

“Hey” he said.

There was a silence there that wasn’t there before.  Minnie noticed that there was something off with b-bomb and he looked more tired than usual. She started to wonder if it was her fault.

B-bomb lifted his glass and dropped it. It crashed on the table and everyone looked at him.

“My bad, my hand slipped” B-bomb then picked up the broken pieces.

 Minnie was sure now, something was off. “Are you okay?” she put a hand on his shoulder and he moved it in pain.

“What’s wrong with your shoulder?”

“It’s nothing! Just slept on it wrong that’s all.”

“B-bomb I can tell when you’re lying!”

“What! How?”

“See! You are lying!  What happened?”

B-bomb pulled her behind a trailer. “Not so loud.”

“Tell me what happened.”

B-bomb sighed “I fell on it”

“B-bomb you have to see a doctor, let’s go tell Zico an—“

“No Minnie we can’t!”

“Why not?”

“Because I need to perform in this show, I need to prove to myself that I’m cut out for this, that I can do something meaningful with my life.”

“B-bomb”

“Besides they don’t have enough time to re-write and re-arrange all the acts. I’ll ruin the show and they need this.”

“But you can’t honestly think you can perform like that”

“I can and I will”

Minnie looked into B-bomb’s eyes. He was serious. He really wanted this. But how could she just sit back and watch him hurt himself.

“Okay but promise me after the show you’ll see a doctor”

“I promise”