I'm on my way

The One and Only B-Bomb

Moooooooo! Jihae awoke to the sound of her cow alarm clock. She looked at her phone and saw a text from Minhyuk.

-Be ready, we’re leaving for the train station at noon-

Jihae closed her eyes, I have time it’s only 11:50.

“11:50!!” Jihae jumped out of bed and got dressed as fast as she could.

She grabbed her oversized cardigan and ran downstairs only to see Minhyuk eating breakfast and talking with her mom. 

Minhyuk noticed her and said “Good morning sunshine”

“Morning” Jihae replied. She looked at the toaster strudel on the table. “Can I have some?”

“Oh I’m sorry sweetie that’s the last one” Jihae’s mom apologized.

“No time anyway we have to run” Minhyuk collected his stuff and headed towards the door.

“Bye my sweetie pie, see you in a few weeks!” Jihae’s mom kissed her head and gave her a hug.

“Bye mom.” Jihae grabbed her bag and followed Minhyuk out of the house.

Jihae looked at her phone. -12:20- “Minhyuk were late!!!” She tugged his shoulder pulling him to walk faster.

“Its okay jihae were not late. I knew you would sleep in so I told you an earlier time. The train doesn’t leave until 1:00.”

When they arrived at the train station it was time to begin boarding. Minhyuk slipped past Jihae and took the window seat.

“First you steal my breakfast and now my seat, you’re unbelievable.” Jihae sat down grumpily. Minhyuk laughed at the comment. Jihae continued “Hey, you shouldn’t be laughing it’s not too late for me to get off this train and leave you here.”

A strange man in a fedora walked forward. “excuse me miss, you dropped this.” The stranger held up Jihae’s phone.

“My phone! Thank you, how could I have dropped this!” Jihae took the phone back from the stranger.  Jihae looked down at her phone and then back up at the stranger. “Thank you mist…..” The stranger was gone.

She tapped Minhyuk. “Hey did you see where that guy went?”

“What guy?” Minhyuk asked

“The one that returned my phone”

“When did you lose your phone?”

Jihae looked back at her phone. She thought she could have distinctly remembered putting her phone inside her bag. It couldn’t have fallen out.

-

After the long train ride it finally stopped and people begin to exit. Minhyuk woke Jihae up. “Hey we’re here” Jihae rubbed her eyes and yawned. 

They got off the train and began walking. Minhyuk rubbed his head and studied the map. After walking for a while through the middle of nowhere Jihae decided to speak up.

“Are we lost?”

“No, of course not! Don’t you see I have a map.” Minhyuk began to look confused.

“Well I’m tired of walking, we better be close.”

“Yeah close…” Minhyuk mumbled.

“Wait are you saying we're nowhere near it!” Jihae exclaimed.

“No! Yes, I don’t know!”

“Admit were lost Minhyuk” Jihae was becoming annoyed.

“Alright fine were lost! Happy!”

“Wait, Minhyuk look!” Minhyuk followed his eyes to where she pointed and saw a tent in the distance.

“Yes! I told you we weren’t lost!” Jihae rolled her eyes and they walked to the Circus tent.

-

The tent was huge and colorful. It was covered and filled with bright lights. Jihae and Minhyuk were amazed.

Minhyuk and Jihae walked up to the ticket booth.  Inside was a short man wearing circular glasses playing with a fork and knife. “Can I help you” he said without even looking up.

“y-yeah! I’m Minhyuk and this is Jihae. We just got here.” Minhyuk introduced.

Jihae cut in “We got lost.”

The man chuckled. “Of course you got lost, that’s the only way to get here.”

Minhyuk became confused. “Um okay, can we speak to the person in charge? We’re interested in joining.”

“HA! You! You’re a bunch of kids!!” the man laughed harder.

“Sir, you see we came a long way an—“ Minhyuk was cut off by the man laughing.

After he calmed down he looked right at Minhyuk. “Look kids it’s hard enough paying all the acts we got. Get going while you still can.”

Minhyuk and Jihae looked at each other. What are we going to do now.