Awkward Goodbyes

The One and Only B-Bomb

“Okay let’s go again. I’m confident I’ll win this time.” Taeil rolled up his sleeves and pushed up his glasses.

“Alright I’ll deal this time” P.O said before shuffling the cards and dealing them out.

In the midst of everyone’s laughter B-Bomb looked over at Minnie. She was giggling and having a good time. She noticed him looking at her and exchanged a smile.

“Okay what do we have here?” P.O looked at his cards.

Just in that moment the door slammed open. Zico came in and looked furious. “I told you not to play poker anymore!”

“Busted” Ukwon slid in his chair.

-

Zico punished everyone by making them clean the stage. 

Minnie was moping near Ukwon who was lying on the floor eating a lollipop.  “You could help you know.”

“I could, but I’m too lazy” Ukwon smirked.

Minnie sighed and continued her work.

“Just ignore him; he’s probably tired from all the tough rehearsals he goes through. Oh wait I forgot he doesn’t rehearse.” P.O walked past him.

Ukwon got up “I don’t need to rehearse because unlike some people here I actually have talent.”

P.O turned around “what did you just say?”

B-bomb stopped what he was doing and walked over and stepped in-between them“Guys calm down let’s just get back to work.”

P.O turned back to cleaning.

Ukwon walked over to Minnie “Give me that” he snatched her broom out of her hand and began to clean.

“Rude” Minnie muttered.  She walked over to Taeil “What was that about?”

Taeil looked up from his dusting “Ukwon isn’t too good with apologies; I think he’s trying to show he’s sorry.”

Minnie looked at ukwon who was moping intently by P.O

“Why are you guys not allowed to play poker?” Minnie asked.

Taeil let out a chuckle. “We tend to bet things we don’t have.”

Jaehyo appeared out of nowhere. “I finished for the day and am going on my way.” Jaehyo walked off.

“And why does Jaehyo always rhyme?”

Taeil responded “Now that I don’t know. It’s a fairly new thing too.” He got closer to Minnie “If you ask me I think the reason he almost never talks is because he can’t come up with rhymes.”

“I finished if you want me to walk you to your trailer?” B-Bomb asked.

“Okay” Minnie replied.

“Ah young love” Taeil said “It’s nice while it lasts.”

“Oh no were not …He and I aren’t…” Minnie stuttered.

“Were not dating” b-bomb finished her sentence.

“Yeah, what he said” Minnie began to blush.

Taeil looked from Minnie to B-bomb and back again.

“Let’s go” she grabbed b-bomb and pulled him out of the tent.

-

B-bomb and Minnie walked along the path to their trailers.

“I wonder where Jane has been.” B-bomb asked breaking the silence. “P.O seemed really worried.”

“I’m worried too.”

B-bomb stopped in front of Minnie. “Do you want to see something?”

“What?”

“C’mon” he said and grabbed her wrist leading her towards the magician’s tent. “I found this place one night when I couldn’t sleep.”

Minnie eyed him with confusion “Jaehyo’s Tent?”

“What, no. follow me.” B-bomb led her to the back of the tent where the dumpster was. B-bomb began to climb it like a monkey. He turned around and held out his hand. “C’mon!”

Minnie grabbed his hand and he pulled her up. Once she was at the top she could finally understand what B-bomb wanted to show her. From the dumpster you could see what was just beyond the trees, the city all lit up across the water.

“Wow” Minnie gasped.

“Sit!” B-bomb motioned to the spot next to him and Minnie sat down.

They sat there looking at the city for a while before Minnie spoke up. “I’ve always wanted to live in the city.”

“I’m really glad you came with me Jihae”

Minnie was shocked at the sound of her own name. “I almost forgot my real name.”

B-bomb smiled “I could never forget it.”

Minnie blushed. “Thanks Minhyuk”

B-bomb began to lean in towards Minnie. Minnie tensed up and widened her eyes.  Not knowing what to do, she decided to do what any logical person would do.

“whoops” she slid off the dumpster and fell on her . “owey” she frowned.

B-bomb yelled down to her “are you okay?”

“Yeah I’m okay”

“I’ll be right down, wait there!”

“No” Minnie felt to embarrassed to see him “You stay up, I-I’m tired I think I’m going to go to bed”

“I can walk you back—“

“No-no it’s okay I got it. See you tomorrow!” Minnie waved him off and went to her trailer.