Chapter 6

Kudos Summer

Luhan walked with Jin into the great hall, where all the other boys in the camp were crowded around two big double doors at the end of the long hall. Now he knew why they called it the great hall. It was so long and wide but that wasn't it. Around them were trophies and pictures of past visitors of Camp Kudos. All the pictures showed laughing boys outside their cabins. Anytime you won a game against cabins you went on the wall in the ancient great hall. 
    "Pretty cool huh?" Jin whispered to Luhan. Luhan didn't know why Jin was whispering, it was like he was trying to keep it as private as possible. He just nodded anyway. 
  "Let's get our picture up there and win this thing guys!" Jin said a little louder to the rest of the cabin. "You think you can do this Kris? You look a little fragile" jin said with a smirk. 
  Luhan was feeling weird flutters in his stomach, he felt like Jin was flirting with him. Luhan flushed scarlet and shook the thought away. That was crazy, jin flirting with him? 
    He responded, "I'm not fragile at all, let's kick some ." Luhan said with bleeding determination in every word. 
   The doors finally opened and the boys scrambled in all at once. It was hell to get in though, with all the pushing and shoving. Luhan tried hard to keep up with his cabin but his smaller build made it much more difficult. He was shoved hard by a big guy in front of him that sent him falling backwards and he was already expecting to hit the ground when a set of hands propped him up. It all happened so fast, all luhan saw was a blur of colors then next thing he knew he was staring into two wide brown colored eyes. There was a slight furrow on the eyebrows that belonged to the eyes looking back at him. Luhan was breathless, this boy was beautiful. Before he knew it he was lifted up but all he could look at were those eyes that were eating him up. He realized that there someone beside the boy, a pretty faced boy with reddish brown hair. But only barely spared him a glance. Suddenly he was conscious of the hands on his shoulders and felt like he was being touched by fire. What was this boy doing to him? He was looking at the hand on his right shoulder and just as he was admiring every finger it was gone. 
     "I'm sorry, are you okay? I think I stopped you from getting hurt but just making sure.." The boy said. 
    Luhan was still in shock. "Yeah I'm fine.. Thanks a lot, may I-" luhan was interrupted by jin grabbing onto his wrist and pulling him towards the gym.
  "There you are Kris! One second you were next to me then I lost you in that mob! Come on we saved you a spot!" Jin pulled him through the doors and found the rest of their cabin. 
  Luhan was a little angry for being dragged out like that. He didn't even get to ask the boy's name. Who was the boy with him? Why was he jealous of him? Luhan felt like he met his match on who had a prettier face. Who was that boy, and what was his damn name? , Luhan was going insane. Why does it matter anyway? It's not like he would see him after camp. Unconsciously he was watching the rainbow haired now find the rest of his cabin. 
 The head director spoke loud and clear in a strong voice, "Hello boys, I hope you guys all enjoy a game of dodge ball because you will be competing for a spot on the wall of the great hall," to that a lot of the boys looked disappointed, "of course everyone knows that kids your age don't care about that. So you also will get some delicious meat and get to use the warm showers!" Then all the boys started cheering and a couple whistles! Boy Luhan wanted to win that warm shower, he had no tolerance for the cold.
  He turned to Jin forgetting the boy momentarily and their whole encounter in the hall and said, "Jin we have to win those warm showers." 
 That brought a smile to Jin's plump lips, "No worries kris, we will be showering with the warmest water here."
  Again Luhan felt like Jin meant something else with using "we" and "showering" in the same sentence. Did he just offer to shower together? Nope. Luhan felt so embarrassed at the thought. He was even more embarrassed for imagining jin with much less clothing, what made things worse was that Luhan could tell Jim had a nice body. Damn it. 
   Luhan ripped his eyes off jin's amazing shoulders and desperately looked anywhere else to distract himself when he locked gazes with his hero from the great hall. What a great distraction. 

-----

Sehun was staring at the ground all the way to the bleachers where he and baekhyun would join the rest of the guys. He had him in his hands. In his damn hands and he still doesn't know his name. Baekhyun hadn't said a word since it happened, he was just quietly sitting next to him. Someone had to break the silence and leave it to baekhyun to do so. 
   "It was him wasn't it? Your summer crush?" Baekhyun said quietly for only Sehun to hear.
   Sehun stayed quiet for a while before answering. His flesh was still ablaze from where he touched him. Slowly he nodded as his response. 
    Baekhyun was about to say something, but the head director beat him to it and announced to everyone about the dodge ball mini  tournament that was about to go down. He also mentioned what they would win, but Sehun wasn't paying attention. When the director was finished talking, Sehun found the boy. He recalled the other guy call him Kris. So his name was kris? Didn't really suit him. But he was just a little happy he knew the name of that glorious face. He was sitting with that bastard. It made sehun want to run across the gym and snatch him up. Why was he looking at that other guy and not him? As if he heard his thoughts Kris looked in his direction and Sehun's heartbeat accelerated. How can he just sit there and look so perfect.
  "Sehun, they called us up we are going first.." Baekhyun said. 
  "Oh right, cool. Let's go then." He responded. 
 They walked onto the court and they were going to play against the Water cabin. Each cabin had a captain. Baekhyun bothered everyone until they agreed for him to be the captain. The other teams captain was a guy that you could tell from a mile away he was a nice guy. He just had this look in his eyes that said he cares for everyone in his cabin. 
  "Hello, I'm Suho. Captain of the water cabin. Let's have a fair game and have fun!" The boy said. 
  "Hello, I'm baekhyun! Yes I agree, shall we begin?" Baekhyun said while shaking his hand. 
 The director told both teams to bow to each other and to line up on opposite sides of the court. While they made their way to their side, other camp directors lined up balls on the half court line. 
 "On my whistle." Everyone on the bleachers was actually interested in the game. The director blew his whistle that made both teams explode into action. They ran as fast as they could just to get a ball. Sehun reached and got two balls, so far so good. Baekhyun got a hold of one, but someone else was fighting with him over the same one. They were both tugging at it ferociously. Sehun was surprised Baekhyun's dainty fingers could handle this. Sehun threw the ball at Baekhyun's opponent and the kid was out. Baekhyun jumped up and smiled at sehun.  
 "BAEK DUCK!" Sehun said as quickly as he could. Thankfully Baekhyun moved away in time. 
 " That was a close one sehun, thanks!" Baekhyun said quickly. Not quickly enough though, they hit his thigh and he was out. He looked at who hit him with a cute angry face on and threw his ball angrily on the ground and stomped back to the bleachers. "That's not fair I wasn't looking" he grumbled to one of the boys in the cabin who was also out. Sehun was alert and alive, dodging balls every which way. He felt they were mostly trying to get him out. But they couldn't, every ball they threw he dodged.  
   "Get the guy who got me out Sehun-ah! Do it!" Baekhyun yelled from the bleachers. 
  That made sehun smile a little before being attacked again, there weren't much people left on his side. He needed to move fast and attack more. He was mostly dodging not throwing his own blows. He managed to catch a ball thrown straight at him which made the one throwing it out. Everyone in the bleachers oooed but he was focused on his next victim. Guickly he threw a ball at a guy trying desperately to get a ball, out. 
  "Woooooo yeahhhh!!!! That's what you get when you mess with the Light cabin!!" Baekhyun cheered after sehun got the guy who got him out. 
   Sehun was so focused on the game, it was down to two boys on each side. It was suho on the other side with a boy he kept calling Zelo. Sehun was left with a kid that he called 'dude'. 
  "Hey dude! Get that ball it's going to roll by you!" Sehun told him. 
  "Got it, and my name isn't dude alright. It's jimin, okay?" Jimin yelled from over his shoulder as he scrambled to reach the ball before it went to the enemy side. He got it just in time.
  Sehun was focusing on Suho mostly. He was very strategic. Sehun admitted he was pretty good, but didn't have a very dominant feel to him. He could tell Suho wanted his picture up on the wall. He respected that, but all sehun really wanted was meat for dinner. He wasn't letting that go. 
  Another ball thrown at sehun, he threw himself to the ground he was caught by surprise. He looked up and saw smiling wickedly. Oh it's on.
  Sehun went to get the ball thrown at him and a ball that was thrown at jimin. Jimin was impressive, he could do cool flips which helped with dodging. Although sehun felt they weren't that necessary and jimin was just doing it to show off. 
  The boy zelo then got jimin out by throwing the ball when he did a flip. His cool flips betrayed him. He should have spent more time on the ground then in the air. 
  Sehun was the only left on his side. Just great at least before he had someone else to distract them from him, now he was the center of attention. 
   Two against one. Sehun would try his best cause he desperately wanted to play against kris, he needed to win to play against him. Oh and win that meat of course. But suho and zelo weren't going to let him win that easily.
  Both Suho and Zelo threw balls at him, sehun barely dodged both at the same time. Moving left and right he then threw his own ball which suho went towards, he was confident he would catch it. Before he knew it Zelo lunged for it as well and they both ended up colliding with one another. The ball hit both of them before falling to the ground and rolling away. Sehun miraculously won. 
 "Light cabin Wins the first match!" The director announced and his cabin roared with applause. Baekhyun was the loudest of course.
   Sehun proceeded to his seat next to Baekhyun and then Jimin sat next to sehun. 
  "Hey you did awesome dude." Jimin said. 
   "Thanks, wouldn't have gotten that far without you man." Sehun said and they fist pounded. Sehun made yet another friend.
  Two other cabins went up and played, Sehun wasn't really watching he was talking with his new friends. Jimin was two years younger than sehun. Jimin immediately started calling both he and Baekhyun his hyungs after he found out. They were having a good time just talking and joking around. The other game ended and another started, and walking down with the Flight cabin was none other than Kris. Sehun was no longer in the conversation his eyes were glued to that lost looking boy.
  Once again Kris was talking to that other guy, which bothered him so damn much. They were walking way too close. Kris sort of tripped a little walking down the steps and the other boy saved him from falling and would not let go of his arm after that. This just won't do, sehun thought. 
   What frustrated him even more was the fact that he was jealous. Jealous of people he barely knows. Why should he care? It was infuriating.
    The game started at that moment. Sehun was watching intently.
    Kris was actually astoundingly fast. He was fast like a fleeing deer dodging a bullet. Sehun was relieved, he didn't want him getting hurt. Kris still hasn't thrown a single ball. If he ever got one he gave it to that other guy. 
   It was torture watching them be partners in this game. Even more torture watching a ball go dangerously close to kris right before he dodged it. Sehun noticed that the way he moved looked so graceful it was mesmerizing.
    Kris finally grabbed a ball and threw it rather hard. He succeeded in getting someone out. Sehun was impressed the lost looking deer was pretty athletic. 
  By the end of the game Kris' team won with three people still left on their side. They were pretty good. But then again the team they were against wasn't as good as the team Sehun played. 
   Sehun and Kris' team both played and won two more games. That only meant one thing, they were to play against each other.
   They were both walking down the stairs on the opposite sides of the gym. They both looked up and looked each other straight in the eye. Sehun smiled, which made Luhan blush. This only made Sehun's smile bigger. So it begins.