Chapter 1

Kudos Summer

Luhan was busy emptying his locker on the last day of school. Summer was in the air, and all the students were trying to get out of school as fast as possible. But Luhan, unlike most of the kids at his school, liked school. Unlike the rest he would actually miss it. Luhan was a quiet boy, not so tall but not so short. Thin but not skinny. He had dark brown hair that he liked to style little waves into. He was known for his beautiful face and was often called a pretty boy. Other than his face he was known for having the best grades in his class and outstanding soccer skills.

He was upset about the end of the school year but was looking forward to the next one. Just when he was throwing away the last of his old homework in a nearby trashcan his closest friend Kris ran up to him in a frenzy. He did Luhan the favor of closing his locker for him as he ran towards him and the trashcan. Kris' tall figure was towering over Luhan with a pleading look on his face. Kris was an exchange student from Canada, but he was actually born in China. Luhan was also an exchange student, from China. So naturally they became friends. They both transferred their freshman year and became friends ever since they got seated together in geometry and Kris miraculously passed his worst subject. Kris was a tall, handsome boy with golden brown hair that had a very manly aura to him. He was the captain of the basketball team, which was the only thing he was good at. He had an interest in art but couldn't draw to save his life.

Kris usually acted like he was the but at that moment he dropped that attitude and was rambling on about something too fast for Luhan to understand. All Luhan could comprehend was "please" over and over. When Kris was out of breath was when Luhan decided to speak to stop Kris from starting again. "Can you please tell me what you want slowly and calmly, I can't understand a word you're saying!" Kris responded with a long groan and more rambles when he finally found his words, "I need to ask a huge huge huge favor from you. Please I'm begging you! How long have we been best friends Luhan? Three years now right? Come on I've never asked anything from you before!" At this Luhan rolled his eyes at him and let him continue. "Okay maybe I have asked for your homework a couple times, and money but only when I get hungry! And that one time I lost that library book on galaxies, but I swore I'd pay that back! Just please please please do this for me PLEASE!!!" Kris even tried to do aegyo which looked so unnatural for him. At kris' attempt to be cute Luhan burst out in laughter and punched kris' arm. Kris looked at him a little annoyed and just glared at his hyung and waited for his laughter to fade out. When Luhan could finally see through the tears fogging his eyesight he saw Kris' glare and slight pout. He calmed down and wiped away the last tear and said, "Okay well you sort of just said please a bunch of times but never told me what the hell it is you want Kris, please do continue, and add some more aegyo while you're at it." Kris shot him one last glare before he went on, "I need you to do something for me. You know how my mom always signs me up for that all boys camp to keep me busy during summer while she works? Well she signed me up again after I told her not to this year. I reeeeaaally don't want to go because I got invited to a super exclusive basketball camp where the best of the best will be. So please Luhan I beg of you to please go in my place, it's only three weeks. Besides I remember you saying you have nothing to do over summer." He finished and looked at Luhan with pleading eyes. Luhan didn't like how Kris made it seem like he had no life, which he realized was true but didn't like it being told out loud.

He felt sorry for his friend but then something dawned on him. "Kris won't your mom find out? What would I tell my parents? Seriously how are we going to pull this off?". "Oh silly Luhan I've already thought of that! Both of our parents don't live here obviously, yours are in China and my mom is in Canada. All we have to do is I give you my name tag and papers and you show up as me at camp. You call your parents and say you won't be able to use your phone for a couple weeks cause you'll be at I don't know Calculus camp or whatever, they'll totally buy it. As for me, I go to basketball camp with foraged papers you will sign for me as if you were my mother and we all live happily ever after the end. What happens in Seoul stays in Seoul. What do you think?". Luhan stared at Kris with a blank face that made Kris slightly nervous. Luhan was astounded at how much thought this giant had put into this, how come he couldn't put this much thought into his English papers?

Kris poked Luhan's forehead to try to get a response from him. "Hello? Luhan you're freaking me out." Luhan finally sighed and said, "Fine I'll do it. But you owe me big time." Kris jumped up and down with happiness and did a little victory dougie dance. He hugged Luhan and ran off in the opposite direction and called over his shoulder before turning the corner, "Thanks Hyung! I'll get you a new pair of soccer cleats and some bubble tea! Woooohoooo!" Luhan just chuckled to himself, and actually felt a little happy that he finally had some plans this summer. The summer he will never forget.