Chapter 3

Kudos Summer

Luhan arrived at his apartment and let himself in. He slumped on his couch and lay there for a long time. Just when Luhan was falling asleep, Kris ran in the door and jumped on top of Luhan and told him thank you about a thousand times. He brought Luhan his favorite drink, Taro flavored milk tea. "There, part of my debt is payed off!" Luhan just laughed and told him to get off him. Luhan appreciated that Kris actually tried this time to pay off this debt. It only showed how much Kris wanted to go to that basketball camp. "Okay, time to pack the bus leaves at seven o'clock sharp! I'm going to my place and packing then I'll come and sleep over so I can show you in the morning where to go, okay?" Luhan looked at Kris' over excited face and nodded. "You know, I can find the bus stop myself just give me directions Kris." Kris pretended to look hurt and said, "I want to walk you, it's the least I can do after what you have done for me, come on get some rest. I'll be back in twenty minutes." Luhan watched Kris run off, and was debating what to pack.

He decided on packing all his athletic clothes because after all is was a camp right? So he packed all his practice clothes he used for soccer practice. He also packed some sweat pants and a wind breaker in case it got cold at night. His favorite pillow and his baby blue blanket. He dumped all his clothes along with toiletries into his sports bag and was bored because he finished so early. He served himself some lucky charms and ate while he waited for Kris to come back. He stared blankly at the wall while chewing. His mind went off to think about what tomorrow will bring, will he enjoy it? Will he make friends? Would he like the food? Who would be in his cabin? Would his bed be comfy? He thought it could only go both ways, either he'd love it or he'd completely hate it. Only time would tell.

Luhan had eaten all the marshmallows in his cereal and had mostly milk left by the time Kris came back. Kris apparently had jogged here, he was just that excited. Kris' only concern was being teased about his most favorite stuffed animal in the world he lovingly named Ace. It was an alpaca with a pirate hat and pink vest, he just couldn't part with it. He couldn't travel nor sleep without it. He planned on taking a top bunk and leaving Ace under his blankets so no one would see him. They both settled into Luhan's queen sized bed and soon drifted off to sleep. Not long after it was six in the morning and time to get up. They stretched and yawned and Kris groaned five more minutes but Luhan was not having that and pushed him off the bed. Kris cursed under his breath and said, "okay okay you win I'm up LuLu." Luhan chuckled at his nickname and took a towel while making his way to his shower.

When he got out Kris had prepared some coffee and bread for breakfast. They ate and sipped in peace. Kris took a quick shower, while Luhan called his parents to tell them he would speak to them in three weeks. He signed Kris' papers as if he was his mom and they were on their way. They walked in comfortable silence almost the whole way there. Finally Kris broke the silence and said, "I really do appreciate you doing this for me Luhan," at this point he had a small smile on his face, "I'm hoping I can pay you back someday. But for now you're going to have to accept a daily bubble tea when you get back. Now listen because my paperwork and everything is under my name all you need to do is wear my name tag, which I see you already are okay good, and just remember that your name is Kris. Do not hesitate, you are Kris. Well maybe you're not as handsome as me, but that can't be fixed!" Luhan playfully pushed him and told him not to worry. Kris left Luhan a block away from the bus. They parted ways in the opposite directions and after that Luhan felt a bit lonely. But He knew Kris was going to have fun, and that was enough for him.

The closer he got to the bus the more nervous he got. He felt he was going to sit alone on the bus. He got into the boarding line behind a boy who was a bit shorter than him. He was handsome and had cheeks that reminded him of baozi. He turned around for a split second and Luhan noticed he had big brown almond shaped eyes. He noticed a soccer pin on his backpack and Luhan was determined to become his friend. It was the boys turn to board and the camp director asked for his name. "My name is Minseok sir, pleased to meet you." "Hello there, says here you liked to be called Xiumin?" "Yes that is correct." "Well then Xiumin, please give me your permission slip." He rummaged through his backpack and found it. The director looked it over and handed them back and made a motion towards the bus to let him know he can go ahead.

The boy walked away and it was Luhan's turn. He immediately gave him his permission slip with out a word. He saw the director's face change, confusion maybe? Luhan was afraid he was going to start to sweat from how nervous he was. "Your name in the paperwork is different from your name tag, why is that?" Luhan felt his face getting hot and made a mental note to punch Kris when he sees him. "Oh that's simple, that's my birth name, I go by the name on my name tag. I was born Wu Yifan, but when I lived in Canada everyone called me Kris." The director just stared at him and Luhan felt like he was going to faint. The director shifted through more paperwork and said, "Oh that's right, sorry about that it's here in your requests page. Well okay, go on ahead Wu Yi- I mean Kris. Kris go on ahead kid." Luhan bowed and thanked the man and walked up the stairs of the bus. He felt he had aged 10 years, that scared the out of him.

He looked at all the boys on the bus and was nervous at who he would sit with. He knew nobody on the bus. He spotted the boy with the almond shaped eyes sitting alone two rows from the back. He was just staring out the window, holding on to his back pack. Luhan felt he kind of knew him although he was only behind him in line, well it was worth a shot he thought. He could feel everyone's eyes on him as he walked passed them, but the boy never turned. Even when he was standing in his aisle he didn't even flinch. He cleared his throat really loud which caught the boy's attention pretty quickly. That movement reminded him of a squirrel. Luhan pointed at the seat, "Can I?.." "Oh yeah sure.." He said as he inched closer to the window. Luhan sat down and put his sports bag between his legs. The silence was killing Luhan, but he didn't know what to say. Soon the bus was on it's way. He got the nerve to say, "I like your soccer pin, do you play?" Luhan was waiting for a verbal response but got a nod. "I'm Lu-kris. I'm kris..and your name is?" Luhan felt it was best to just use Kris' name just in case. The boy turned ever so slightly to the right and said, "Minseok." Luhan was itching to say that he heard he liked to be called Xiumin. But decided against it. Xiumin obviously didn't want to talk to him, so sadly Luhan stopped talking. The ride to Camp Kudos was not long, about twenty-five minutes. The camp was not as bad looking as Luhan thought it would be. He looked over at Xiumin and noticed he was fast asleep. When everyone was getting down from the bus, Luhan poked the sleeping boy who jumped up in surprise. "We're here." The boy nodded and collected his things. Luhan got down first and walked over to where all the other boys were.

Their names were being called and they were being assigned cabins. Apparently from what Luhan could hear, every cabin had a super power name of some sort. He was all the way in the back and couldn't see a thing. He looked around the camp and noticed a boy sitting on a log. He was the most handsome boy he had ever seen. His skin was milky white, his hair definitely stood out for it was all different colors of the rainbow. But his face looked cold and he had a slight furrow on his nicely shaped eyebrows. He did not look happy to be there. He was sipping on coffee from a can and right then he turned to look in his direction. Luhan stopped breathing, the boy's face changed into a small smile that made his eyes turn into the shape of two half moons. It was the cutest thing. Right when that happened Luhan snapped his attention back to the sound of, "Wu Yifan? Flight." Luhan nodded and walked to the side to try to find the cabin.He shot one last glance in the boy's direction, but he was no longer there.

Personally Luhan wanted to go to the telekinesis room, to him it was a much cooler power. When he walked on he found that the cabins were on one side of camp. There were two rows. Each row had six cabins. Luhan's cabin was on the right side, he quickly made his way over and walked inside the cabin. To his surprise he found Xiumin sitting on a bed unpacking. Luhan stayed glued to his spot. He thought he heard Xiumin's name being called elsewhere, did he hear wrong? Xiumin looked up and said, "I'm sorry did you want this bed?" Luhan stayed still but finally shook his head. He said in his tiniest voice, "Are you in the right cabin? I could have sworn.." "I was supposed to be in the Ice cabin, but it was too full they miscounted." Luhan again just nodded and chose a bed away from the other boy and set down his things. Luhan was in the same cabin as some kid who obviously didn't like him. Joy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sehun approached the first bus and approached the director. "Can I get your name young man." "Oh Sehun." The director searched his list while Sehun sipped his bubble tea quietly looking at the bus. The director looked up and said, "Your name isn't on the list kid, sorry." Sehun looking as calm as ever was about to say okay and walk in the other direction and run away like he thought about doing last night when a young man ran up to the director. He was panting and looked up and said, "Sorry sir, I forgot to tell you, it was all last minute! This boy's older brother is a friend of mine and he payed double the price for him to come to this camp. I have all his paperwork right here." The director waited for the papers while a boy with similar features as the young man walked calmly behind him. He went over the papers and nodded, "Okay but he needs a name tag, everyone needs to have one it's the only uniform we require. "I have my old one from school.." Sehun said. The director smiled and said, "Perfect, what cabin would you like? Usually we pick for you but seeing as you weren't on the list." Sehun thought about it. What cabin sounded appealing? He thought how cool it would to disappear right now. To just go wherever he pleased. The phrase "gone with the wind" came to his mind. "Umm.. Wind?" "Let me see, oh sorry kiddo that one is taken. Any other-" The young man interrupted and said, "He can join my brother's cabin! I heard a couple kids couldn't make it that were in his cabin, how about it Baekhyun?" The young man patted his younger brother's back, Baekhyun. "Yeah sure, he can come with me." Sehun really looked at the boy this time. He had fair skin, reddish brown hair, pretty thin lips and a perfect smile. He resembled a girl with how pretty he was. Sehun thought this is what a pretty boy must look like. He could have sworn he saw a faint rim around the boy's eyes.

Sehun nodded and both boys walked towards the bus, the other boy yelled goodbye to his hyung as they entered the bus. The driver held out a trashcan and looked at Sehun's bubble tea, Sehun shrugged and threw it away. Baekhyun was holding on to Sehun's sweater and pulled him to the only empty seat. They both sat down when the driver called to the director, "This bus is full, start to board the other bus! We will meet them there!" The director only nodded and waved him off as he made his way to the other bus. They were off, the bus was on it's way to Camp Kudos.

Sehun thought it was a strange name. Baekhyun interrupted his thoughts to say, "So let me introduce myself, I'm Byun Baekhyun. And you are Oh Sehun according to your name tag. Interesting last name." Sehun just stared at the smiling boy. He went on, "That was my hyung, Byun Baekbeom. We look alike don't we? Except I'm cuter. Obviously, I don't need to tell you that everyone can see it." Sehun thought to himself how it was true, this boy seemed cuter while his brother had a Manlier build. "So why did you want to go to the Wind cabin?" Baekhyun asked. Sehun thought and said, "I don't know, I just picked it." "Liar, you like the idea of wind. You thought way too hard to just pick it. Anyway, since you're in my cabin now, we are going to the Light cabin. My brother knows the owner of this camp so I got to know ahead of time where I'm going." Sehun just nodded. This boy wouldn't stop talking, but for some reason it didn't bother Sehun much. He was glad he had made a companion at least, they weren't friends yet though. But they could be, he was a very welcoming guy.

Sehun was half awake when they got there, even though the trip wasn't long at all. When they arrived they were one of the last ones down. There were directors telling all the boys where they were going, but Sehun and Baekhyun already knew. "Sehun why don't you stay here, oh look a log! Sit there and I'll go tell the director that you're in my cabin so they write your name down. We don't want any confusion. Be right back!" Sehun watched as Baekhyun skipped his way to the director that was swarmed with boys like bees to a hive. Sehun did as he was told and sat on the log. He remembered he had a coffee can in his backpack and pulled it out. He took a sip and was feeling at ease. He looked around and something caught his eye. More like someone. A boy that looked like a lost deer that was by the swarm of boys. He was the most adorable yet handsome boy Sehun had ever seen. He had wavy brown hair and the face of an angel thought Sehun. Why was he thinking these things, he doesn't even know the guy? But he couldn't help but smile to himself he just looked so lost. Bambi came to mind. Just then the boy turned and looked right at him, making Sehun's smile a little bigger. He liked the way he looked at him. As quickly as they made eye contact, they just as quickly broke it. Baekhyun jogged back and said, "Okay all is good in the hood, let's get to the cabin so we pick the best beds, and I'm forcing you to pick the bed next to me." Sehun just chuckled and walked with Baekhyun to their cabin. His mind wandered back to the boy and wondered where his cabin was. Hell, what was his name? He was hoping he was in his cabin. They got in, and were there first before anyone. Like Baekhyun wanted they got the best beds and of course right next to each other. Although they had to move the second best bed next to Baekhyun's because the one that was there had a stain on it. They were alone for a bit while the other guys figured out where they had to go. They just had small talk about the place. Slowly one by one boys started to pile into the cabin. But to Sehun's disappointment none of them was the lost looking boy.