Chapter 2

Kudos Summer

Sehun has always been reckless and irresponsible. He seemed even more reckless than he really is to his parents because all they ever did was compare him to his older brother. Also his new rainbow hair was not helping, it only looked like it was a sign of rebellion. His hair suited him in a way, it matched well with his milky skin and tall slim figure. He liked his hair, especially since it made him stand out, make him look lively when standing with his brother. Sehun and his hyung have a good relationship, but he can't help but envy his brother. He was the perfect child. He was good at everything he did, how was Sehun supposed to compare? He wondered how his hyung could accomplish so many things when he was only three years older than himself.

On the last day of school Sehun was out with a couple friends celebrating the start of their summer when Sehun got into some trouble. Sehun had a reputation for doing things without thinking, he couldn't help it. Because he knew his brother and himself were so different, he pushed the limits and tried to do the complete opposite of what he knows his brother wouldn't do.

They were messing around by a bubble tea shop where they accustomed to hang out, when all of a sudden Sehun's best friend Jongin, a tan boy with dark hair, dared him to get a refill and not pay for it. As stupid as it sounds, Sehun said he would. "You wouldn't do it, you don't have the balls!" Sehun smiled and said, "I do too, just watch me." A part of Sehun told him to not do it, but his pride was at stake and that was all he cared about at the moment. Putting all his concerns aside he walked in and asked for a refill of his favorite choco bubble tea. While the cashier was getting the refill, Sehun stole a glance at Jongin and saw he had a smirk on his face and mouth the word "". This made Sehun even more determined. He got his drink and was told his total was three dollars and fifty cents. He was about to back down but remembered Jongin's smirk and went back to his mission. He asked if he could give him another straw and just as the cashier reached behind the counter for another he ran out the door sipping his choco drink. Jongin was just staring in shock at his best friend who ran right past him. He never thought he would do it. Jongin was getting uneasy because the corner that Sehun he recalled he saw a cop car parked on that side of the rode.
Not even thirty seconds passed when he heard the police siren. Jongin went back into the bubble tea shop and payed the furious cashier and apologized for his friends behavior. He tried texting Sehun to see if he was okay but he got no response. Jongin walked home with his other friends that were at the crime scene and when he reached his own house was when he received a text message from Sehun. The boy looked at his phone and instantly felt guilty. Sehun was being sent to a camp to keep him out of trouble for the summer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look appa I'm sorry, how many times do I have to say I'm sorry?" Sehun's father replied with the coldest stare he can muster. He finally replied with, "Until the day I die." Sehun was looking at the ground completely annoyed with his father. Why was he being such a drama queen? Jongin had payed for his drink, the cashier pressed no charges, he was off the hook. Why couldn't his father let it go? Sehun's thoughts were interrupted by his hyung, "Sehun-ah, when are you going to grow out of this phase, it's getting old." Sehun felt like he got slapped in the face.

His hyung never said anything like this to him. He was always there to defend him. Although Sehun acted as if he didn't care about anything he secretly cared about what his brother thought of him. He finally looked up and caught his hyung's eyes, their gazes locked. His brother's eyes looked sad and full of pity. Just then he said, "Appa, I know how he can stay out of trouble. A friend of mine has a brother that goes to a camp every summer, Camp Kudos! It's an all boy's camp where they have the boys very well supervised. They keep them busy all day, and the best part is that It is in the middle of the woods. I do not see how he can get in trouble in a place like that." Their father stayed quiet for several seconds. The silence seemed to be ringing in Sehun's ears. How can silence be so loud?

Finally his father spoke, "I'm sure this boy will find a way. He always does. But I'll send him to that camp of yours. I don't want to see his disgraceful face around this house for a while, let him be their problem for now." Sehun never felt more betrayed in his life. He left the living room and thought maybe he could run away. Then for once in his life, he thought about it, and decided it would only make matters worse. His best choice was to go to this stupid camp and make the best of the time he will be away from his parents.

As he lay in bed he tried to imagine it not as a punishment but as a vacation. A vacation from his parents, and his hyung. Sehun packed his bags with a heavy heart, and left the house early in the morning with nothing but a glance at his family who barely acknowledged his existence. This only made it easier for him to leave. He walked in the direction of the boarding bus to camp sipping on yet another bubble tea, and his summer began.