Chapter 9

When I'm With You

     “So I was thinking we should do a girl song,” Daehyun told me as we were getting lunch together since Kyungsoo didn’t want to because Daehyun was there. It was funny, though because right when Daehyun had showed up, Kyungsoo walked away and forgot all about getting lunch.

     “A girl song?”

     “Yeah! It would make it more interesting and fun!”

     “Uh…”

     It wasn’t a bad idea, but then again…it was a girl song and we were guys. I was grabbing a bowl of seaweed soup while thinking.

     “Wouldn’t it be weird?" I asked.

     “No! Surely, Mrs. Lim will love ours the most since we used a girl song even though we’re guys!”

     “Okay…so what songs were you suggesting then?”

     “Apink’s ‘Hush’, Secret’s ‘Shy Boy’, IU’s ‘Marshmallow’, Hyuna’s ‘Bubble Pop’ or  Girls’ Generation’s ‘Oh’.”

     I simply nodded my head at the suggestions before getting out of line once I had gotten everything I was going to munch on. Daehyun followed soon after.

     “You’re going to have to show me these songs because I don’t know any of them,” I said as we headed to our usual table. Daehyun excitedly jumped next to me before nodding his head.

     “Of course! Seriously, though, how do you not know ‘Oh’?”

     “Well, I don’t go and search every song by every artist,” I stated while rolling my eyes at Daehyun.

     “But it’s Girls’ Generation! You know, GG? Everyone has to at least know one song by them,” he said to which I just shrugged my shoulders before reaching our lunch table and sitting where I always sat. Daehyun sat right next to me before leaning over me to see what I got for lunch. I lifted my hand before shoving his head away from my lunch tray.

     “Well, I don’t know any of their songs,” I said as I began eating. “I most likely know the group because of their name, but songs? I’m sorry, but I don’t know anything.”

     “And that is why I am going to teach you everything of Kpop!”

     “Great,” I sarcastically said while rolling my eyes. Sure, it sounded interesting listening to new groups, but there was just those times when you didn’t want to go through every song of that specific group. Well, that’s how I was and probably I was the only one who would do that.

     Right after, Baekhyun popped out of nowhere and squished himself in between Daehyun and I. He waved at me before hugging (more like strangling, in my opinion) Daehyun.

     “Daehyunnie!” 

     “Hmemy!” 

     “Hm? Daehyunnie? I don’t know what you said.”

     “Mphlet go,” Daehyun mumbled out while trying to get out of the tight embrace. Baekhyun let go of him before pursing his lips out and looking at me. I ignored his glance and continued to nonchalantly eat my lunch. 

     “So where’s Kyungsoo?”

     “Right after he saw Daehyun, he left,” I replied while sipping on my bowl of soup. I heard a small gasp from Baekhyun.

     “Ugh, he’s so stupid! Don’t worry, Daehyunnie, hyung is here for you! I will protect you from that troll!”

     There we go again with the whole “Daehyunnie this” and “Daehyunnie that”. Like, will Baekhyun ever shut up? I don’t freaking care what you will do for Daehyun! If he was going to be talking stupid stuff like “I’m going to protect you” and all that stupid , then he should do that when the two of them are alone! Why do it when I’m there? Ugh, sometimes I just wanted to shoot Baekhyun or just strangle him so he would keep his stupid mouth shut. However, that wouldn’t happen anytime soon because Mr. I-like-talking-about-stupid-things will always keep showing up at the most random times and start talking! For one, I bet almost everyone who knew Baekhyun could give a about what he said! If I could, I would say everything I just said right now to him. Maybe it would get him to shut up and to stop saying irrelevant stuff.

     “YOUNGJAE-AH!”

     I accidentally dropped my spoon on the bowl, which made the soup splash on my face. I blinked my eyes a few times before shaking my head, realizing I was daydreaming.

     “Pabo! Here,” Daehyun handed me a napkin and I grabbed it before wiping my face. I looked right next to me only to see Baekhyun disgustedly staring at me. I just glared at him before rolling my eyes at him. I noticed something during my years of living, and it was the fact that I had a really bad temper. For one, I hated when people looked at me as if I was a disgusting animal. Those type of people didn’t even know me, yet they would still judge? Well, that was what Baekhyun was doing. I actually thought he wasn’t a bad guy when I first met him, but now…I seriously hated the living out of him and I honestly didn’t give a damn. He can go himself.

     Soon after, Baekhyun looked away and smiled cutely at Daehyun, who was too busy stuffing his face. I simply rolled my eyes at the two of them, and grabbed my spoon before swirling it around the bowl of soup. I had already lost my appetite right after the whole Baekhyun incident, and I actually wanted to leave at the moment. I didn’t know why, but I felt very awkward being there with Baekhyun and Daehyun. While they were busy talking about something, I was there…eating in silence. If only Kyungsoo was here to be with me and to make if feel less awkward. Why did he have to leave right after seeing Daehyun? Why couldn’t he be a good friend and stay since he knew I was still there? Sometimes I questioned Kyungsoo at the most random times ever.

     It hadn't even passed 10 minutes and I was already bored out of my mind. I honestly wanted lunch to end already just so I could leave this Hell hole. When I finally gave up, I slowly stood up and grabbed my half-eaten lunch tray. I didn’t dare look over at the two idiots, and simply walked away. I knew it was a lame idea to just walk off without saying anything, but at that point I really didn’t care. I was just glad I was away from those two; specifically Baekhyun.

—————

     I was happy about the fact that I was finally home despite my parents being home rather early.

     During the day at school, I kept ignoring Daehyun and when I would reply to him, I would just reply with a one-word reply. He was just a total bothersome for me, and I didn’t want to deal with his constant yapping. I was glad, though, when he had given up and stopped talking to me, realizing that maybe I didn’t want to talk to him. And, now, I was at home, laying on my somewhat soft bed with my arm over my eyes. The weekend was going to come soon, and me and Daehyun had to start that project for English soon. This project would have been much more easier if I had done it alone. But, no. Daehyun had to pair us up. I seriously hated him at the moment. I was so into my thoughts, I didn’t hear my door creaking open. 

     “Youngjae-ah, what are you doing?” My mother. I took my arm off of my eyes before getting up and looking at my questioning mother. Her hand were on the door handle while her other hand was on her side. I didn’t have anything in mind to say so I just sighed really loud. 

     “I was just going to begin practicing,” I nonchalantly said. My mother didn’t reply for rather she just nodded her head and closed the door right after. I slowly got up before stretching my arms. Recently, I had been feeling really stiff around my whole body, and it really wasn’t a nice feeling. At the moment I was cracking my neck, my cellphone let out a small vibration on my desk. I walked over to my desk before grabbing my cellphone and seeing who had sent me a message. 

     From: Amazing Dae

We need to work on the project!

     To: Amazing Dae

Okay.

     From: Amazing Dae

Well, how do we work on it?

     To: Amazing Dae

I don’t know. This is why we shouldn’t have been partners.

     Maybe I was too harsh on that last message? However, it was true.

     From: Amazing Dae

Jeez…You don’t have to be so mean.

     To: Amazing Dae

Well, it is true.

     From: Amazing Dae

Why are you being so mean today? Jeez…

     To: Amazing Dae

Maybe because I am always like this. Okay, what song are we going to do?

     From: Amazing Dae

I don’t know! And you’re never like this! You’re boring, but you’re worthy to talk to!

     To: Amazing Dae

Let’s just do that one song…bubble? Wow, that sounds pretty mean.

     Was I that boring? Well, I guess since I didn’t have any freedom and I rarely spoke.

     From: Amazing Dae

Hyuna? Okay we’re doing “Bubble Pop”! Listen to that song, okay?! Well, it is true! XD You’re still cool…I guess

     To: Amazing Dae

What? What is that supposed to mean? If you don’t want to talk to me then don’t. Go to Baekhyun and talk! It’s not like I give a damn if you talk to me.

     After sending that message, I sort of regretted it because I sounded too dramatic. I shouldn't have brought up Baekhyun. First of all, why did I even bring him up? Ugh…

     From: Amazing Dae

Woah, woah! I was only kidding! And why bring up Baekhyun? Hm? Hm? Hm? OH! Youngjae-ah…do you hate Baekhyun?

     Why did he have to bring Baekhyun back up? I shouldn’t have even brought him up, and now I fully regret it since I knew Daehyun would continue to pester me of Baekhyun. I bit my bottom lip while rereading the message over and over. Should I tell him? No? Would he tell Baekhyun? Did it matter, anyway?

     To: Amazing Dae

I don’t hate Baekhyun. T_T 

     I didn’t have anything else to write. I mean, Daehyun only needed to know that. Technically, though, I was lying because I hated Baekhyun as much as I hated my life. Well, not as much as my life, but close to the same feeling of hatred. 

     From: Amazing Dae

     Okay! I thought you did because…you know…you brought him up. Anyway, listen to “Bubble Pop”! We’ll start the project tomorrow! Bye-bye!

     To: Amazing Dae

Okay. 

     With that being said, I set my cellphone back on top of my desk before taking out my homework, and beginning to do it. At the same time, I my laptop to listen to that “Bubble Pop” song. Before clicking “play” on the audio, I stared at my door in case my mother came at any second before walking over there, and locking it. Once I had done that, I went back to my laptop before pressing play on the audio. 

     Bubble, bubble, bubble pop! Bubble, bubble, pop! Pop!

     I furrowed my eyebrows from the bright and happy song I was listening to at the moment. The girl’s voice was so…nice? I didn’t really know the right word for it, but it just sounded very good to listen to if that even made sense. Not only that, but the main chorus was somewhat catchy after a few times of listening to it. Not that I was replaying the chorus over and over… I was so into the song that after the first time I heard it, I decided to replay it again. I replayed it too many times to the point where I couldn’t handle it anymore.

     “God…stupid song,” I said before shaking my head a little and leaning back on my chair. “Bubble, bubble pop, pop,” I sang before realizing I was singing a girls song. I shook my head once again before slightly slapping my cheeks. “No more!” Before getting up to head to the bathroom, I completely shut my laptop. That would be enough bubble pop for the night.

     Once I was out of my room and inside the bathroom, I the faucet and splashed water on my face. I turned it off soon after and grabbed a towel from the racket. When I fully finished drying my face, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. At some point during the time I was listening to “Bubble Pop”, I had found out there was a music video so I ended up watching it only to watch it about two more times. Throughout the whole video, I kept watching Hyuna (I’m guessing the girl with the brown hair who was singing?) do that one specific dance move where she moves her bottom around and then does this thing with her chest; as if she was breathing so hard, but really, really fast.

     I think I was out of it at the moment because right after I set the towel on my shoulders, I turned to the side before placing both of my hands near my . I awkwardly looked at my from the mirror, and slowly began to move it. It was not good, but I wasn’t a dancer so it didn’t really matter. I then tried doing the chest part, but ended up failing terribly. For one, I couldn’t do it fast so it looked as if I was dying from lack of air. I tried the whole dance a couple of times before adding my voice into it.

     “Bubble, bubble, pop, pop!” After a few times, I soon got the hang of it, and I was really (oddly enough?) enjoying myself. I’ve never done this so doing it now felt very amusing and fun. I was already in my own world, doing the addicting dance over and over while singing the main chorus, not noticing someone opening the bathroom door. 

     “Youngjae-ah?” …

-----------------------

Ooooooooo~! Youngjae just got caught doing "Bubble Pop"! Lolzzz I'm sorry, but I needed to make him do that dance because I just had the whole idea in my head and I just couldn't stop laughing at the thought of it so I decided to write it~ The song was originally supposed to be "Oh", but then I got the whole Youngjae dancing to "Bubble Pop" so I changed it. Once again, random chapter with school projects and whatnot! Also, you get to see how Youngjae thinks about Baekhyun~ You guys can think whatever you want, but I won't say anything~ XD Anyway, chapter 10 is coming to you soon so be excited (I guess??) and thank you so much for reading! I'm happy you guys like my story! Okay, off to write chapter 10! Bye-bye! ^^