Chapter 2

When I'm With You

     As I was walking pass the gates, I hadn’t noticed my friend, Kyungsoo, walking over to me with a smile plastered on his face. Even though he was a little bit shorter than me, he was still able to sling an arm over my shoulder while jumping up and down. I tried to pry him off, but he wouldn’t budge so I gave up in the end and let him hang like a monkey.

     To be honest, I don’t know how Kyungsoo and I became friends. For all I knew, Kyungsoo was very different from me. For one, he talked a lot and he loved to socialize. Unlike me, who disliked talking and just trying to be sociable in general. I guess since we had to clean the classroom on the same day, which led to him talking nonstop to me while we swept the classroom floors made us become friends in the end. At the same time, I hated being friends with Kyungsoo because I always felt bad when he would invite me somewhere, but I would reject instantly. My parents didn’t like the idea of me “hanging out with friends” because they thought I would start doing drugs or smoking, which I thought was very stupid since I didn't even like that type of stuff in the first place. Also, Kyungsoo wasn’t those type of people at all; he was a good guy with good grades and whatnot, but my parents would never listen.

     “How was your summer?”

     “Boring, as usual,” I said while sighing heavily. “Violin practice and nonstop parties related to my dad’s stupid business.”

     To be honest, I felt more…free when I was at school since my parents weren’t there. I felt as though I could say anything I ever wanted to say to my parents, to Kyungsoo. I guess a word would be like “rant”. I don’t think there was ever a day when I didn’t rant to Kyungsoo about my parents.

     Kyungsoo laughed a little before letting his arm slide off of my shoulder and walked over to his locker. I followed behind and waited for him to put his stuff in his locker before closing it. Since the bell was going to ring soon, we decided to part ways because we both had different classes in different areas. I continued walking down the hall while looking at my new schedule. I had Math Analysis for first and then I had Art History for second. My third period was English while my fourth was Study Hall.

     During the time I was choosing my classes, I made sure not to let my parents know because I knew for the fact they would choose my classes which I didn't want. In the end, I chose classes that wouldn’t get me too stressed out since I had violin practice, which never ended in my opinion. I also lied to my parents that my teacher had chosen my classes since it was "part of his job". 

     Entering the class, there was literally no one there yet despite the first bell ringing already. I was getting myself comfortable in the first desk, in the first row, when more students began to fill the classroom. By the second bell, almost every student was here and we waited until the teacher came inside. During that time, people took the advantage to continue talking and laughing while sitting on top of the desks. I just sat there, hands on my thighs, staring at the door until I would see the teacher coming inside. For one, he took a few minutes until he finally got here. You could tell he was in a rush because his hair was all over the place and his glasses were at the tip of his nose; close to falling off. He also was holding so many papers along with a manila folder.

     He set all his jumbled stuff on the desk before fixing his hair and glasses. The class, by that time, were all in their seats waiting for the instructions the teacher was going to say. 

     “Well, sorry for my lateness,” he said while chuckling. “So, it’s your final year! How do you guys feel?” Most of the class shouted “Hurray!” or “Happy!” while others just sat there silently, like me. 

     My first period went rather well in my opinion. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My next class was Art History and, to be honest, I was rather excited to have this class since it had to do with different paintings from different painters and whatnot. 

     When that class had finished, it was lunch break and I quickly headed to the cafeteria since the lines would soon get long. As I was grabbing my lunch tray, someone tapped my shoulder and I looked in back of me to see Kyungsoo, as always, smiling cheerfully. We got our lunches quickly before walking to find an empty lunch table. We were able to find one and right when we sat down, Kyungsoo made a pouting face at me in which I lifted an eyebrow at him.

     “What’s wrong?”

     “I hate my first two classes!”

     “Why?” 

     “There’s this really annoying guy I sit next to, and get this,” Kyungsoo said while leaning a little over the table, “he sits next to me in BOTH classes! Isn’t that weird? Ugh…I hate him!” I just let out a laugh while unwrapping my sandwich and taking a bite out of it. Kyungsoo soon did the same thing and we both ate in silence.

     “How are your classes so far?”

     I chew my last bite before grabbing my water bottle, and drinking some water out of it. 

     “Surprisingly, I like them,” I said as I grabbed my sandwich again and took a bite out of it. Upon hearing my reply, Kyungsoo sticked his tongue out at me before mumbling something like “I hate you” which made me laugh.

     Once lunch had finished, I said “good-bye” to Kyungsoo before heading to my third period class. During the time I was walking to my English class, many people were running in the hallways and shouting nonstop, which got me a little curious as to what exactly was making them do that, but then shrugging it off as I didn’t want to be late for class. When I got to my English class, like always, I sat in the first desk, in the first row and waited for the teacher to get here. She arrived a few minutes after the second bell rang and, smiling, greeted the whole class. 

     “Hello everyone!” The teacher placed her things down on her desk before walking back to the front of the class. “Did you all enjoy your summer?”

     No one responded so she pointed at a random kid near the back of the class. The kid widened his eyes before realizing that he needed to respond to her…in English.

     “Umm…I am…” he stopped for a second to think of what to say next before looking at the teacher again. “I have…wonderful…summer!”

     And with that the teacher, who went by the name of Mrs. Lim as she had written it on the board while the boy was trying to answer, clapped her hands and smiled at the boy.

     “Okay,” she said as she began to walk back and forth, “since this is an English class, I expect all of you to speak English!” Mrs. Lim pointed at each and every student before waving her index finger at us. “No speaking Korean, okay?” 

     “YES!”

     And with that, Mrs. Lim continued speaking English in which I had trouble figuring out as to what exactly she was saying. From the looks of it, it looked like almost the whole class didn’t know what Mrs. Lim was saying, but pretending to know anyway. As she was writing some Korean words and then translating them to English, the classroom door opened rather loud, and in came a boy with big lips. He crouched down a little before looking up at Mrs. Lim with a scrunched up face. 

     “Sorry…” he sounded as if he was dying from lack of air, “I got lost.” 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there lovely readers!! How are you guys liking it? I know the chappters are really short, but hopefully I make them longer as I continue with this story! ^^ Possibly I will upload chapter 3 tomorrow...? I don't know yet OTL Lolz I hope you guys like it! HINT HINT: Daehyun comes out in the next chapter! XD Bye bye!