Chapter 15

When I'm With You

     For those of you who didn't know:

deokbokki - It's like this ricke cake cylinder thing with an orange type of sauce. Basically, this

ahjusshi - An older man around his forties or somewhere around there. They're getting old! 

-------------------

     I was practicing on my violin for the upcoming competition when the door to my bedroom had made a screeching sound. I didn’t need to guess whom it was because I obviously knew who it was. 

     “Youngjae-ah, dinner is ready. Hurry, and come down,” my mother said before shutting the door, leaving me simply standing there with my violin in between my shoulder and chin. 

     It was currently a Friday night and, once again, I hadn’t gone to school. Hell, I hadn’t been going to school for the past two weeks. It’s not that I wanted to go for rather it was because I wasn’t aloud to go. After that night I had came home, both of my parents were home, waiting for me. I had known they were informed about my ditching incident because right when I had entered the kitchen, my mother had stood up and walked over to me before slapping me across the face. It was very painful and I was on the verge of tears because of it. 

     “What the hell were you thinking?”

     “You know you just did something very ridiculous and immature, right?”

     “You just made me lose my trust in you!”

     “What made you think that ditching was a good choice? You’re so stupid, Youngjae-ah!”

     “Who was the other person? They told us you were with someone else.”

     “Now everyone is going to think our son is a delinquent!”

     “This family’s reputation is seriously going to get ruined if you continue with this type of behavior!” 

     Were the things my parents were telling me (mostly my mother, though). I hadn’t said anything because there wasn’t anything for me to say in the first place. Either way, even if I did have something to say, my parents would never listen because they always thought they were right and I was always wrong. 

     “It must have been that Kyungsoo boy, wasn’t it?”

     “It wasn’t Kyungsoo!”

     “I think it was because he’s the only one you hang out with!”

     “Stop assuming Kyungsoo was the one who did it, okay? It was me! Me! Me! Me! I had decided I wanted to ditch!” 

     “No, I’m pretty sure it was that Kyungsoo boy! Unless you have other friends that we don’t know about? Hm? Do you have someone else, Youngjae-ah?”

     “…No, but it wasn’t Kyungsoo.”

     “Then who the hell was the other boy that caused you to ditch with them?!”

     I didn’t know what to say so I had left the conversation to that. And because of that, my mother had decided I would stay home for the next few days. She was scared I would ditch again with “that boy” and told the school I would be gone for a while. 

     I thought what she was doing was stupid.

     Dinner was very quiet and awkward as always. Yoona noona wasn’t there since my mother had told her to leave for a while. You could say my mother was giving Yoona noona a small break, but not because she deserved it for rather not to get near me. Since that night that  I had gotten in major trouble, my mother had partially blamed Yoona noona on how she was an “untrustworthy” housekeeper and other rubbish things that definitely wasn’t her at all. 

     So it was only the three of us in this quiet, emotionless, empty house.

     “How’s it going with practice?” It was very rare of my father asking questions about my violin practices so when I heard him ask that question, I halted my munching and looked up at him. I really wasn’t in the mood to converse with my parents, but I had no choice since they surely would’ve scolded me or something. I played with my napkin, folding and unfolding the corners, while trying to figure out how I was going to reply to my father. It was a rather easy question to answer, but the fact that it was my father whom had asked the question made me stumble on how I could answer. “Youngjae-ah, I asked you a question,” my father had sternly said. I nonchalantly continued to look at him and I could tell he was getting annoyed of my behavior towards him. “Must I tell you again? Answer me,” he said vigorously. I then had let out a small sigh.

     “It’s going great,” I said, finally looking down at my plate of food. “There really is nothing new about it.” 

     “Remember what I told you, Youngjae-ah,” my mother blurted out which caused me to roll my eyes discreetly. “You better not disappoint me with this upcoming competition.” 

     “Don’t worry,” I said, feeling exasperated. “I won’t.”

—————

     It was next Saturday morning and, once again, I had woken up pretty early. Lately, for the past few days, I had been waking up pretty early and I didn’t like it, but there was no way for me to stop it. I hated the fact that no matter how much I tried, I was never able to fall back asleep. Surely my parents were already awake, and I didn’t want to see them so I just continued laying on my bed, looking at my ceiling. My curtains were closed so my room was basically dark since it was only six in the morning. And so that is why I ended up laying in my bed for a few hours, staring nonchalantly at my white ceiling, thinking about nothing. 

     All of a sudden, my cellphone had done a vibration and I turned over on my bed in order to grab it from the nightstand. Even though I wasn’t sleepy anymore, my eyes were still adjusting to the bright screen of my cellphone (I guess since the screen was the only thing lighting up my room at the moment). I looked at who it was and it was Daehyun. I clicked on the message before reading what it said.

From: Amazing Dae

     Are you awake?

     Well, that’s a good way to say “good morning”. 

To: Amazing Dae

     Yes, I’m awake

     I had set my cellphone down next to me when it began to vibrate again. Wow, he was fast!

From: Amazing Dae

     YAY! XD So do you want to hang out today? :)

     I furrowed my eyebrows upon reading his message because Daehyun knew that I was grounded (as you can say) from what I had told him the night I fought with my parents. Why was he asking me if I wanted to hang out all of a sudden? I literally didn’t have to think about what to respond because, well, I knew I wasn’t going to be able to go.

To: Amazing Dae

     I can’t. I am grounded, remember? 

     A few seconds later had passed, and my cellphone began to vibrate again. Damn, so fast.

From: Amazing Dae

    WHAT?! Are you ting me right now? being grounded! You can ditch your home!

     Upon reading Daehyun’s reply, I had let out a small chuckle.

To: Amazing Dae

     Well Mr. Cusser, obviously I wouldn’t be able to do that because my parents are home. They would seriously kill me. I mean, they don’t trust me anymore after the whole ditching thing.

From: Amazing Dae

     Seriously?! Wow! But, c’mon! Please? 

     Ugh, he was seriously being persistent.

To: Amazing Dae

     No, Daehyun, I can’t. I don’t want to risk it.

     I pressed send before sighing heavily. To be honest, I actually did want to hang out with Daehyun, but I didn’t want to risk sneaking out when my parents were home. 

     My cellphone vibrated again and I clicked on the new message.

From: Amazing Dae

     You don’t know until you try! C’mon! I bet you will make it alive!

     I wanted to believe him, but I knew my parents very well and I knew they would find out that their son wasn’t in his room at one point in the day. 

To: Amazing Dae

     No, I’m not going to do it.

     And with that, I had set my cellphone on the nightstand before getting up and walking to the bathroom. Just as I was about to walk inside, Yoona noona popped out of no where with a smile plastered on her face. I looked at her weirdly before ignoring her and closing the bathroom door. During the time I was brushing my teeth, I looked at myself in the mirror. Once again…pure emptiness. However, somehow in some parts, I could see a few happiness. I don’t know why, but that’s what I had seen. 

     When I finished using the bathroom, I headed straight to the kitchen only to find my mother sitting at the counter, reading the newspaper. She noticed me right away and smiled before getting up to possibly make me something. I didn't say anything and walked over to sit on the stool.

     “You’re up early, Youngjae-ah,” she said while beginning to make me some breakfast.

     “I couldn’t sleep,” I said. My mother didn’t say anything after that so it was just pure silence in the kitchen until Yoona noona came walking in. 

     “Omo! Let me do Youngjae’s breakfast, Mrs. Yoo!” Before noona could take the spatula from my mother’s hand, my mother backed her hand away and shook her head slowly.

     “No need to, Yoona.”

     “But-“

      “I said no need to, Yoona,” my mother said sternly and Yoona noona kept quiet after that. After that small incident, I felt as though the atmosphere had become more awkward. When my mother had finished my breakfast, she placed it on a plate before setting it down in front of me. I looked at her and she just smiled at me. “Eat.” I began digging in without saying anything the whole time. Noona had already left to go do something my mother had ordered her to do and my mother was just standing across from me, watching me eat. I didn’t want to look up because I knew I was going to see those eyes. Those eyes that were difficult to read. It was rather impossible to read through my mother’s eyes; was it even possible for other people in general? 

     When I was halfway finished, my mother began to speak.

     “Youngjae-ah,” she said while placing her chin on her palm, “you’re going to have to practice more on the violin.” Upon hearing that, I had set my utensil down before gazing at my mother.

     “What?”

     “You heard me,” she stated. I continued looking at her with no emotion.

     “But…why?”

     “I recently spoke with Mr. Yang and he told me his son was practicing even more than what he usually would do.” At that moment, I wanted to yell at my mom. 

     On the side note, though, I was glad Yoseob wasn’t going to take this competition so sincerely since I was going to take part in it.

     “Okay,” I said as I got up and placed my dishes in the sink. My mother hadn’t said anything after that, and I just continued on to my room where I locked it. I jumped on my bed before sighing heavily and checking my cellphone. Daehyun had texted me three times and I felt bad for not responding despite the fact that I was at the kitchen.

From: Amazing Dae

     Youngjae-ah! C’mon! Why can’t you do it?

From: Amazing Dae

     Youngjae-ah!!! YAH! 

From: Amazing Dae

    YAH! WHY AREN’T YOU RESPONDING??? YOU’RE SO MEAN!

    Right when I had finished reading the last message, a new message was received.

From: Amazing Dae

    Okay, I see how it is! Fudge you!

     I rolled my eyes at Daehyun’s message before shortly replying back.

To: Amazing Dae

     I’m right here! I just went to go eat breakfast! God, damnit Daehyun! And NO I’M NOT GOING TO DO IT.

     My phone had vibrated once again.

From: Amazing Dae

     WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?! What was your breakfast??? XD

To: Amazing Dae

     Because I don’t want to risk it! How many times do I have to tell you? It was a simple breakfast. That’s all you have to know. 

From: Amazing Dae

     Ugh! You make me want to eat something now! But I don’t want to get up! Youngjae I WILL FREAKING GO OVER TO YOUR HOUSE AND STEAL YOU!

To: Amazing Dae

     Then go eat something! Stop being a lazy and walk to your kitchen! I would LOVE to see you try.

From: Amazing Dae

     Okay I got up and I’m walking over to my kitchen! OKAY THEN TELL ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I’LL GO OVER THERE RIGHT AFTER I FINISH EATING!!!!

     I began laughing at his message, but something inside of me felt as though Daehyun was being serious.

To: Amazing Dae

     I’m not going to tell you my address! You might stalk me every night or something! 

From: Amazing Dae

    Okay, I’m eating cereal right now and a cheerio just fell on my screen! Anyway TELL ME!!! OH! How about this? You tell me your address and I’ll climb into your window and steal you! Do you have a window, though?

     In all honesty, that wasn’t the best idea ever. I mean, I wouldn’t mind him coming to my house, but my parents…I reread the text message again, thinking of how I was going to reply.

To: Amazing Dae

     That’s a stupid idea! And I already told you I’m not going to do this! And I do have a window!

From: Amazing Dae

     Oh, great! See you just need to be quiet about everything ;)

     Oh, no I wouldn’t be able to do that because my parents would surely suspect something.

To: Amazing Dae

     Daehyun, I can’t do that! My parents will know something is up and come into my room and BAM! They see I’m not there! 

From: Amazing Dae

     You don’t know that! Can’t you have your noona housekeeper to help you out? C’mon Youngjae-ah! Just be a rebel a second time? Hm?

     Ugh, I hate you Daehyun.

To: Amazing Dae

     Okay…I’ll ask noona if she can keep my parents from finding out. I swear to God, Daehyun that if I get caught, I will strangle you and never hang out with you. But…how do I get out of my house?

     I have never done anything like this so how was I supposed to know what to do?

From: Amazing Dae

     Well, you have a window, don’t you? Get out from there XD And, I’ll remember that!

     Upon reading Daehyun’s message, I had widened my eyes before looking over at my window which was closed at the moment. I got up from my bed, walked over to my window and opened it before looking out. It wasn’t that high to jump off, but then again it was still risky. I looked around before realizing that I could walk over the garage roof and jump from there. How did I simply ignore that and straight away look down at the floor to see how high it was? Wow, I was very stupid in these things. I had let out a sigh before replying back to Daehyun.

To: Amazing Dae

     This is so crazy Daehyun! Ugh…

From: Amazing Dae

     Yeah yeah~ But you won’t regret it! For one, you will praise me after this XD

To: Amazing Dae

     No I won’t.

From: Amazing Dae

     Yes you will~! Okay, so did you get your housekeeper to help you out???? Cause I’m already heading over to your house~

To: Amazing Dae

     No I’m going to right now! And you don’t even know my address!

From: Amazing Dae

     THAT’S WHY FUDGING TELL ME YOUR ING ADDRESS!!!! 

To: Amazing Dae

     Okay, okay! Gosh…

     I messaged him my address before texting Yoona noona.

To: Noona

     Noona, I’m going to need your help on something…

     After I had explained to noona how I was going to secretly leave the house to hang out with Daehyun, and how I needed her to keep my mother away from my room and all that other stuff, she instantly agreed on the plan. Before I could respond to her message, a knock was heard from my door. I closed my cellphone before placing it on the nightstand. I unlocked the door and opened it only to face Yoona noona. I jumped a little at her presence, but then had let out a sigh of relief that it was her and not my mother. Noona just waved at me while smiling before walking into my room and urging me to shut the door. After I had locked the door, I turned around to face noona. She was sitting on my bed with her hands propped on the bed. She smirked.

     “So what is this about leaving home?”

     “I’m not leaving! I’m just…going to hang out with my friend…without telling my parents,” I said, looking up and down from the floor to noona. My hands were beginning to feel sweaty and I began biting my bottom lip. I hadn’t heard anything from noona so I looked up only to see her rummaging through my closet. “What are you doing?”

     “I’m picking an outfit for you. I don’t want you to look bad on your first date!”

     “It’s not a date!”

     “Shush, it is!” I rolled my eyes at her before sitting down on my bed, waiting for noona to finish picking my outfit. When she found the “perfect” outfit, she made me change right in front of her. “Do you want to go to the bathroom and have your mom or dad see you? And then asking you why you are changing like you are going out?” She was right. I shook my head and slowly and awkwardly began to strip from my pajamas. I kept looking down on the floor while changing into my black jeans and putting on my white shirt. I didn’t want to see Yoona noona looking at me changing. Lastly, I had put on the black jacket (I never even knew I had one somewhere in my closet until my noona had picked it out) and awkwardly stood in front of noona. She winked at me before smirking and fixing my jacket a little. “You look hot!” I kept quiet because I didn’t know what to say to that in all honesty. 

     Next, came my hair. At the moment, it was flatly down with some strands going up. My noona analyzed my hair before snapping her fingers and leaving the room for a minute. She came back ,soon enough, with a can…of hairspray? I had never put stuff on my hair so I didn't really know about hair products. I furrowed my eyebrows at the object she had in her hands.

     “What is that?”

     “Hairspray,” she said before making me sit down on the bed and began to fix my hair. It felt weird having that hairspray stuff in my hair. For one, when I touched my hair, it felt hard. I was about to tell noona that I didn’t want this stuff on my hair, but when she gave me a mirror to see myself, I actually looked pretty decent. My hair was somewhat up with some parts down. “Now you look super hot!” Once again, I ignored noona’s comment and continued eyeing myself. Damn…I did look good.

     After a few minutes of fixing some parts here and there on my hair, I asked noona to get any of my shoes that were at the front door. Right when she had walked out of my room, I got a text message from Daehyun.

From: Amazing Dae

     I’m outside!!! Rawr~

     At that moment, noona had came back inside my room with a pair of my shoes and I quickly had put them on before walking over to my window. I looked back at noona and she just smiled back at me. 

     “Have fun,” she said which had me roll my eyes at her before pulling my legs over the window. When I fully got out of the window, I tried my best to jump onto the garage roof without making a loud noise, but that didn’t go so well. For one, I almost fell, but I quickly had balanced myself and started walking until I finally jumped off, landing flat on the concrete floor. I let out a sigh of relief before looking up at my bedroom window to see Yoona noona waving at me with a smile plastered on her face. I waved back at her before walking off to the sidewalk to find the same black from last time known as Daehyun’s car.

     As soon as I had sat on the leather seat, Daehyun took off his sunglasses (I didn’t even notice he had some on) and smirked at me. I raised an eyebrow before holding onto my seatbelt…in case something would happen. Daehyun hadn’t said anything as he looked in the front before starting the car and driving back into the street. 

     For the whole time we were in the car, not one word was led out from the two of us. I wouldn’t say it was awkward because it wasn’t for rather it felt like a calm and soothing quietness. Since Daehyun hadn’t told me where exactly we were heading to, I was completely lost at the place we were currently at. It wasn’t a special place for rather it was just a small park that had a few rides for kids in different areas. There were many different kinds of booths and food stands around the park. There were so many kids running around while laughing and smiling. There were also couples here and there; many were in the booths or food stands. 

     “What is this, Daehyun-ah?” We were already walking around the park where it was mostly filled with kid rides. I somehow wanted to go on the one where it was a small train that went in circles on the track. Daehyun was saying something, but all I was focusing on at the moment was how the little kids were having so much fun on the train. I had felt a poke on my cheek before looking at Daehyun and glaring at him for doing that. All he did was smile and looked over at the train ride before chuckling. Without saying anything, he took my hand and we both walked over to the person who was controlling the ride. He noticed us right away and looked at us weirdly. I looked down at the floor because I didn’t want the guy to say something about how two high school kids wanted to ride a kid ride. Keeping quiet, Daehyun began telling the guy how we wanted to ride it and, surprisingly, the guy had told use we could go after the current session would be over. Upon hearing that, I looked up and looked over at the moving train. I was so excited to go on it to even notice that Daehyun was still holding onto my hand.

     “Why are you so excited to ride this?” 

     “Well, I’ve never ridden one before and it looks fun.”

     “You’re such a kid, you know that?”

     “Shut up,” I said while sticking my tongue out at him and glaring. Daehyun giggled a little until the guy said the train was going to stop in a few seconds. Once the train had halted and all the little kids got out, I quickly went on the first one, which had the honking horn thing,  while Daehyun sat on the one in back of me. Other kids had gone on and some parents were eyeing me and Daehyun weirdly, but I was too excited to even care. The train started moving and I soon began to scream of excitement. I pulled the string for the horn thing to make sound and when it did, I was left fascinated. I pulled the string again which left me squealing in my seat. Never in my whole life had I ever had this much fun in a few minutes! When the ride had finished, I was a bit saddened but got out of the train anyway. I waited for Daehyun to get out of the train before walking ahead and seeing what other rides were there. There was one where it was a ship and it just went back and forth, but from the screams of the kids and from some adults, it looked a lot of fun! I looked at Daehyun, who was too busy looking at each food stand we would pass by, before I pointed at the ship ride and began to jump and down. Some people were beginning to stare as they passed by us, but I was too busy trying to get Daehyun to go on the ship ride with me. He didn’t say anything and we both went to the line to wait. 

     “Seriously, this is the first time I see you like this,” Daehyun stated, but I ignored him as I was too busy looking at the ship going back and forth. When the ride had finished for the people and they began getting out, the people in the line began to enter the ship. I was squealing the whole time until I sat down on the last row with Daehyun right next to me. I started looking around and then at Daehyun. He looked a little queazy and I wanted to ask him if he was okay when the ride started moving. Soon enough, the ship began to move faster and it was going higher. At that moment, a girly scream was heard from Daehyun and I began laughing so hard, the people in front of me turned around. I ignored them and continued laughing at Daehyun when the ship began moving even faster. I then started screaming from the rapid movement of the ship. Soon enough, I was freaking out to the point where I had grabbed onto Daehyun’s arm and hid my face in it. I would be lying if I didn’t find the ride fun, but I guess since it was my first time riding something as fast as this I was getting a little scared. I hadn’t realized the ride was over until Daehyun was telling me to stand up. When we left the ride, my stomach began to make this growling noise.

     “I’m hungry,” I bluntly said which got Daehyun to smile and pull me towards a random food stand. It was a stand that had these pasta-looking shaped things with some orange and red sauce color. I didn’t really know what it was since I rarely ate street food. Matter of fact, I don’t think I had ever eaten street food. 

     As Daehyun was ordering for the both of us, I just stood behind him while trying to hear what he was saying. He had said some word that I didn’t know; deokbokki. It sounded familiar, but as far as I knew, I had never eaten something like deokbokki. Once he had finished ordering, I asked him what deokbokki was.

     “It’s a rice cake shaped as a long cylinder with yummy sauce on it,” he said. I wanted to see exactly how they looked, but Daehyun had said until we would get our order. Our order came a few minutes after and Daehyun showed me how the deokbokki looked. It had a nice orange-y color to it and the rice cakes looked really soft and chewy to eat. “Try one,” Daehyun said as he picked at a piece and placed it right on my lips. I widened my eyes before slowly opening my mouth and letting the deokbokki go inside. I chewed and chewed, tasting the flavor before widening my eyes again and doing a thumbs up to Daehyun. “It’s good, isn’t it?” I nodded at his question before making him grab another piece and putting it in my mouth. It was such a tasty flavor roaming around in my mouth. Upon that, it was something that I had never tried before and tasting it now made me wonder why it had never existed in my life! I guess I loved the deokbokki so much and wanted to eat and eat that I hadn’t realized Daehyun was feeding me the whole time. On my last bite, I urged him to eat his plate, but he just shrugged at me, saying it was fine and that he would eat after I finished.

     “I feel bad! I made you feed me…” I stared down at the floor until I heard a chewing sound which made me then look up to see Daehyun eating his plate like nothing. “Yah!” 

     “What?” Daehyun continued eating while waiting for my reply. He was holding my plate while having his on top. 

     “At least give me my plate,” I said while sticking my hand out. Daehyun gave me my plate, and I asked for my chopsticks when I noticed that the ones he was using were the same ones that he used to feed me. “Ew! Daehyun, why are you using mine?” 

     “Why not?”

     “Ugh, you disgust me sometimes,” I said before going to the deokbokki stand and grabbing a pair of chopsticks. When I came back Daehyun was standing in line at the deokbokki stand. I walked over to him before asking him why he was in line.

     “To get seconds, duh!”

     “You didn’t get full?”

     “Nope!” I just had my mouth wide open at him. Man, just one plate of this was already stuffing me up. In the end, I didn’t finish mine so I gave the rest to Daehyun which he completely accepted. When he got his second plate of deokbokki, we started walking around where all the game booths were at. There were also some booths that were selling stuff like bracelets and shirts, etc. 

     One of the game booths were to pop the balloons in the amount of time they would give you. I grabbed Daehyun’s arm before pulling him over to the booth. When we got there, the guy in the booth was explaining to us that there was only one minute to pop as many as balloons as possible. The one to pop more than twenty would get a prize which was one of the stuff animals hanging on the ceiling. One of the stuff animals caught my eyes so I instantly went up when the guy was asking who wanted to go first. Daehyun was just eating his deokbokki, not caring as to what I was doing. However, before I could go up the guy had asked for the money in order to play. I didn’t have money with me so I turned to look at Daehyun who was barely finishing his food. I looked at him and he rolled his eyes before handing the money to the guy. As soon as the timer went on, I started throwing the needles at the balloons; not getting a single balloon. In the end, I had only gotten about seven balloons which . I was going to tell Daehyun that we should go when he handed money to the guy again before getting ready to play. I just furrowed my eyebrows at him before noticing the time had started. Daehyun was literally getting each shot and by the time it was thirty seconds, he had fifteen balloons! Right when the time went off, Daehyun shot the last balloon which made it twenty in the end.

     “Okay kid, choose any of the prizes on the ceiling,” the guy said as he was pointing at each and every one of the stuff animals.

     “Which one do you want?” Daehyun looked at me before I pointed at the small dog with a little, yellow sweater on. His ears were a light brown color and his eyes were somewhat big which made it look super cute! Daehyun told the guy which stuff animal and when he handed it to him, Daehyun gave the stuff dog to me. I began playing with its ears right after. “You’re such a girl!” I glared at him before hitting his shoulder with my stuff dog.

     “Shut up! What if it was…like stuff food? Huh, I bet you would be desperate to win one,” I said, glaring at Daehyun. He just shook his head before shrugging his shoulders.

     “Maybe I would do that,” he said before smirking at me, “after all, it’s food! Who wouldn’t want a stuff…I don’t know…cheesecake? Ugh!” He began touching his chest and I just shook my head.

     “You’re really weird.”

     “See, when it comes to cheesecake,” he said as he pointed a finger at me, “I’ll take on anything to win my baby!”

     “Okay…?” Daehyun was just…I questioned him sometimes.

—————

     It was around four in the afternoon when Daehyun was craving for ice cream.

     “Do you want some?”

     “Do they have…green tea?”

     “Well…it’s ice cream…” Daehyun began rubbing the back of his neck while looking at me awkwardly. I had just let out a small laugh before shaking my head.

     “No, I meant the flavor. Do they have green tea flavor?”

     “OH! You could have said that, you know?” And with that, Daehyun and I scurried over to the ice-cream stand, scaring the living daylights out of the ahjusshi. Daehyun asked for chocolate while I asked for green tea. 

     “Sorry, I don’t have green tea,” the ahjusshi said which made me pout a little before ordering a chocolate one after. After a few seconds, the ahjusshi had given us our ice-creams; both being chocolate since he didn't have green tea…sadly. I mean, chocolate was still tasty as green tea, but green tea was just a bit tastier in my opinion. 

     As soon as we walked away from the stand, Daehyun began to devour his ice-cream which made me look at him with furrowed eyebrows. He looked as if he hadn’t eaten in days…maybe even weeks. As we were walking by the park (it was next to the “carnival” as what Daehyun had said the area was called), I heard a loud splatter sound out of the blue. I stopped walking to look at Daehyun who was too busy crouching down, almost on the verge of crying from the “death” of his ice-cream. 

     “MY ICECREAM!” I wanted to laugh at him, but decided not to because he was probably being serious. “You were so tasty too…”

     “Do…you..” Aish, how was I supposed to ask him? I looked at Daehyun once again before getting him to stand up. He looked at me sadly before I showed him my ice-cream. “…want to…you know…have some…of mine?” Daehyun didn’t say anything and for a second I thought he was thinking I was a weirdo when, all of a sudden, he my ice-cream before grinning. “Yah!”

     “What? You said if I wanted some so I accepted by your ice-cream!”

     “Well, I regret saying that,” I said before taking a at my ice-cream; oblivious to the fact that Daehyun was smirking before too. I widened my eyes a little before backing away and looking at the trees. That was very…weird, but I was guessing that Daehyun didn’t even care since all he cared about was the ice-cream at the moment. When I looked at my ice-cream once again, it was somewhat half way gone. “Yah! You ate most of it!” Daehyun ignored me and continued the ice-cream…which I soon realized was still gripped by my hand. Some of the chocolate was dripping down on my hand when Daehyun noticed and it off. I just opened my mouth wide open before glaring at him. “WILL YOU STOP FOR A SECOND AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST DID TO MY HAND?” 

     “What did I do?” 

     “You it!” Daehyun pursed his lips before smiling cheekily at me.

     “Oh, well because you had chocolate on it,” he stated before continuing on the ice-cream; my ice-cream to be exact! 

     “You’re so gross, Daehyun! I swear to God that I will never share my food with you ever again!” 

     “Okay,” he said before taking another . I took the ice-cream away from his mouth and quickly it away before Daehyun could do anything. “Youngjae-ah~I want some more!”

     “NO,” I said as I continued the sweet treat. I was so blind in the ice-cream, I hadn’t noticed Daehyun coming forward and the chocolate, right where I was . 

     The same part that I was …Daehyun had to stick his fat tongue there too…causing our tongues to somewhat touch. 

     I backed away a little while Daehyun backed away as well and looked down at the floor. “Here,” I said before handing him the melting ice-cream. I thought he wasn't going to accept it, but when I saw that face light up, I knew he instantly forgot about the incident that just happened a few seconds ago to grab the cone from my hand. I just watched him finishing the treat… and . My face began to scrunch up and I shook my head before walking off. Daehyun was just so gross…

     With all the fun going by really fast, the sun was beginning to set. I checked the time to realize that it was already too much time I had spent out of the house. However, at the same time I felt very relieved and free to be out and having fun. I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to do this again. As we were heading back to the car, Daehyun grabbed onto my arm and tugged at it. 

     “Let’s go on the ferris wheel!” I looked at the direction he was pointing at to view the huge round ride with square-shaped boxes on it.

     “Okay.” We began walking over to the line, which wasn’t that long since many people were beginning to leave. It didn’t take that long for us to go next and by the time we knew it, Daehyun and I were already seated across from each other and waiting for the wheel to move. When it did begin to move and we were beginning to go up, I placed my hand on the window and gazed at the bottom. “It’s so beautiful,” I said as I smiled from the excitement that built up inside me from looking at the scenery. The people were so tiny like little ants and the buildings from afar looked like blocks kids would play with. As we slowly went higher and higher, I felt a little scared from how high we were now, but it soon subsided as I saw Daehyun, with his knees curled up to his chest, mumbling random stuff while having his eyes closed. I was a little scared, but Daehyun…he was really scared. “I thought you wanted to ride the ferris wheel?” I smirked at him before getting closer to his face and laughing at him. He just glared at me before adjusting to his seat.

     “ you,” he said which made me stop laughing, but then bursting out of laughter once again.

     “Someone is a little grumpy,” I said, clutching onto my stomach tightly.

     “Well, I didn’t think the height would badly affect me.”

     “Yeah…” I stopped laughing a little and coughed, “it affected you a lot.” And I began laughing really hard again.

     “Okay, what the hell is so funny about my fear of heights?” By that time, my ribcage was beginning to hurt so I tried my best to stop laughing, but it just wouldn’t stop coming out.

     “The fact that you look like a small ball or something,” I tried to say as I continued laughing. Daehyun awkwardly watched me before rolling his eyes.

     “You are so weird, Youngjae,” he said before letting out a small chuckle.

--------------

I finally finished this chapter! YEs! This is longer than the last chapter so enjoy! I went through this like two times so I'm pretty sure there are no mistakes, but I still feel like there is because it's just so long and adjfhskldjfh ENJOY! Bye-bye! ^^