Chapter 21

When I'm With You

     The sun was slowly going down around the time I, along with the many other seniors going to the trip, and Kyungsoo were waiting in line to enter the school bus. We both had our bags filled with all of stuff we were going to use during the three-day trip at the beach. 

     “I think this will be an okay trip, to be honest,” I blurted out over to Kyungsoo who was too busy texting Jongin on his cellphone. I peered over his shoulder a bit, wanting to know what exactly he was talking about with the junior, if he couldn't even give a bit of his attention to me. I took a glance at his eyes right after and I honestly saw a hint of sparkles in them, but brushed it off when Kyungsoo looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

     “What are you doing?” 

     I noticed that he had brought his phone down to his side, but ignored it as I continued looking at him with a sarcastic smile. 

     “Oh, nothing. Who were you texting?”

     “None of your business, that’s who.”

     “Kim Jongin, huh.”

     “Shut up!”

     I simply rolled my eyes at Kyungsoo before realizing it was our turn to enter the bus after giving out our names to the supervisor. 

     Kyungsoo sat on the window side while I got stuck on the edge, but I didn’t mind since Kyungsoo had promised he would let me have the window when we got back from the trip. After placing my bag on the floor, I looked over at Kyungsoo to start a random conversation only to shake my head in disbelief when I saw him texting Jongin, once again, on his cellphone. This time, though, I was able to somewhat read what their conversation was about.

Hyung! I’m going to miss you a lot T_T

Shut up! I’m only going to be gone for three days! Besides, it’s the weekend! Go do something fun

But hyung! I usually hang out with you on the weekends T_T What am I going to do?

I don’t know, but it doesn’t matter because I’m going to have a good time! Ha! XD

You’re so mean, hyung…

You still like me soooooo

I do. A LOT! I think it’s love, to be honest

Okay, shut up. I’m going to stop here because I think Youngjae is getting suspicious and I don’t want him to misunderstand!

Hyung when are you going to tell him that we’re dating?

Never. Okay. BYE!

     “What!? You and Jongin are dating? Since when?”

     Kyungsoo shoved his cellphone in his bag, his eyes widening at my sudden outburst. I was looking at him in bewilderment. Who wouldn't when they found out their best friend was suddenly dating the guy he had never liked? Kyungsoo grunted, coughed, did all these random noises, but still kept quiet about the topic. 

     “Kyungsoo!”

     “What?”

     “What? You know what! Since when are you and Jongin dating?”

     Kyungsoo began playing with his fingers, staring down at them while looking like he was trying to figure out what to reply with. I rolled my eyes at his actions before looking straight ahead, which was literally the leather from the seat in front. If he wasn’t going to tell me, then that’s fine!

     “Okay, it’s only been a week since we started dating! There, happy?”

     I wanted to gasp, but didn’t show any sign of emotion. I still wanted Kyungsoo to suffer for a few more minutes. He must’ve seen that I wasn’t listening so he grabbed my arm and began shaking it. “Youngjae! I just told you something so surprising! Don’t ignore me!”

     “Why didn’t you tell me?”

     “Why? It wasn’t that important,” Kyungsoo said with a shrug, letting go of my arm right after. 

     “Yeah, my friend dating the guy he supposedly hated is so not important at all, Kyungsoo.” 

     “See, I was going to tell you the same day Jongin asked me to be his boyfriend, but you looked so, I don't know, sad so I didn’t want to bother you.”

     “You could’ve still told me, though!”

     All Kyungsoo did was shrug his shoulders while saying, “Whoops!” I was going to continue bickering with Kyungsoo when he suddenly widened his eyes, smacking me a bunch of times on the arm. I told him to stop, yet he looked like he wasn’t listening at all so I then decided to look at whatever was making him hit me so hard. It took me a few seconds to find exactly what Kyungsoo was looking at and when I did find it, everything around me basically vanished. The only thing that was visible in front of my eyes was none other than Jung Daehyun and that guy, Kim Rokhyun, two seats away (on the other side) from where Kyungsoo and I were seated. I put on a glare towards their direction, my lips becoming a straight line. 

     “Looks like your boyfriend is flirting with another boy,” Kyungsoo said with a chuckle and I glared at him. He stopped laughing and then put on a serious face. I only rolled my eyes at him, and looked away from the couple in front of us. 

     Throughout the whole trip, I couldn’t help but glance every now and then at Daehyun and Rokhyun. It simply bothered me when I saw Rokhyun laugh at whatever Daehyun would tell him. The way his eyes would crinkle up and that stupid laugh of his raised more anger inside of me.

     “Youngjae, you look like a tomato!”

     I ignored Kyungsoo’s comment and shook my head rapidly, looking down at my feet. I could feel Kyungsoo staring down at me, but at this point, I didn’t care. My anger was slowly diminishing at the same time.

     “Hey, Youngjae,” Kyungsoo spoke as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to him and sighed. He bit his lip, looking as if whatever he was going to say would be difficult to word out. I leaned my head on the leather in front of me. I urged Kyungsoo to continue talking. He breathed in a load of air before asking,

     “Do you…like Daehyun?”

     I really didn’t feel like yelling at Kyungsoo nor did I have any raging feeling forming inside of me. I just chuckled at his question.

     “What makes you think that?”

     Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders.

     “You keep staring at Rokhyun and him,” he said and I noticed he began to play with his fingers. “Not just that, but the day you saw the board with the senior’s names, I noticed you looking at Daehyun’s name. You looked like you wanted to choke someone when you saw Rokhyun’s name.” 

     I laughed a little. 

     Kyungsoo was able to read me more easily than I could read myself. 

     “I just want to let you know that I’m always here for you, Youngjae. No matter what, I’ll always support you in whatever you do. But, I also don’t want to see you sulking and being sad. It hurts me, to be honest.”

     I looked down at the floor, feeling my eyes begin to get watery, but I held them in. I didn’t want to cry over something like this.

     At the same time, I was thinking about what to do. How would I reply to Kyungsoo? I mean, at this point, it wouldn’t matter if he saw that I liked Daehyun. Like he said, he would always support me no matter what.

     Maybe that’s what I needed in order to not feel so ed up about myself. Maybe having a little support would help me in accepting myself for who I am. Support would help me in not feeling disgusted about myself.

      I was rather stupid in thinking that Kyungsoo would hate me if he knew I liked Daehyun; that I kind of liked guys in general. But…I wouldn’t say I liked all guys…maybe it was just Daehyun I had these strong feelings towards. 

     I opened my eyes, brought my head up, and faced Kyungsoo. I sighed.

     “You’re right,” I said. “I do like Daehyun…a lot, actually. It’s kind of stupid of me to be like this over something as simple as liking someone, but since it’s a guy and not a girl…I don’t know, I guess it’s kind of weird for me. I never expected myself to like a boy in my life…it kind of made me feel disgusted of myself. But…knowing that I have someone, like you, supporting me…I guess has made me realize that it’s not the end of the world and that whatever I am feeling or doing, isn’t so bad as I thought it originally was.”

     I felt a hand on my head and saw Kyungsoo smiling happily at me. He ruffled my hair and I tried to stop him, but he continued ruffling. Soon enough, the two of us started laughing together, and this made a few students glare at us. 

     When we finally had calmed ourselves, Kyungsoo leaned back on the leather seat. He continued to smile at me.

     “I’m glad you told me your feelings. I’m also glad you were able to accept your feelings and yourself.”

     “I mean, it’s still kind of weird for me to think that I like a guy, but I’ll slowly get used to it, I guess,” I said, playing with my fingers. “I’m just hoping my parents never find out. They would seriously kill me; possibly even kick me out of the house.”

     Kyungsoo shook his head and grabbed a hold of my hand.

     “Well, if they do do that then I shall take you in. I’m sorry, Youngjae, but your parents are s if they don’t accept you for who you are.”

     I only smiled at him.

     “Thanks, friend.”

     “You’re welcome, friend!”

     By the time I knew it, the bus had already arrived at the beach place and students were standing up, stretching and picking their bags up. I got my bag from the floor and stepped out of my seat. Kyungsoo followed and the both of us were waiting for the people in front to walk. 

     As  I continued walking forward, I had to stop since some people needed to get out of their seats. Might as well be nice, right? I continued walking, but stopped again and rolled my eyes because it was beginning to get a little annoying to constantly stop. 

     “Thanks,” the guy mumbled and I saw it was Rokhyun. He stepped out and then it was Daehyun. I looked away, deciding to stare at the empty seat on the other side. I was so absorbed in the leather seat that I hadn’t realized there was no one left in front of me. Kyungsoo was pushing me forward and, once I got my senses back, I quickly walked out of the bus.

     Once everyone was out of the buses, the supervisor began to give out rules.

     “Okay, I know everyone is excited to be here, but we have to set some rules here. Number one: no one is allowed to go super far from the area. You all may be old enough, but we are still under your care so think about that when you walk to the nearby stores or whatever. Number two: no one can stay up as late as 12 in the midnight. What I mean by this is no one can be roaming around at the beach passed twelve. Do you all understand? Everyone will be able to be with their friends in the little houses so no one can complain about not wanting to share a blanket or whatever. Ah! That brings me to number three: boys and girls are separate! No one can complain on this one. Okay, that is all. You all are free to have fun!”

     Cheers and screams were made and everyone began to dispatch to the little homes. Kyungsoo and I met up with Baekhyun along with a few of his friends. We all decided to get the little house farthest from where everyone would usually be at. 

     As Baekhyun unlocked the door, all of us dropped our bags and started to choose which room would be who's and who would sleep with who. Obviously, I chose Kyungsoo and the two of us chose the room that had the view of the ocean. Baekhyun wanted this room, but after a little talking from Kyungsoo, he gave it up and chose the room across from us. Sadly, that room had a view of the beautiful trees.

     Once all of us were settled in, Kyungsoo asked me what I wanted to do for the rest of the day.

     “To be honest, I don’t know. Maybe eat something?”

     “Yeah we could do that! I’ll ask Baekhyun if he wants to go with us.”

     I nodded and Kyungsoo went to find Baekhyun.

     As I waited, I walked over to the window, opened it, and looked at the blue ocean. The waves were calm and the breeze felt nice as it hit my face. I leaned a bit forward and closed my eyes as I allowed myself to indulge in this moment. 

     I hadn’t felt this happy or free in a long while and it felt really nice. It almost felt like a dream; a dream I never wanted to let go of and to always be in forever. Sadly, though, I would have to come back to Seoul and face my devilish parents. But, I didn’t want to think about that right now. I didn’t want to think about my life in Seoul. I was currently not Yoo Youngjae, the violinist, the good kid, the sad kid; I was the happy Yoo Youngjae and that’s all I was at the moment. Nothing more.

---

Hello there my lovelies! Omg, I'm so sorry for leaving this story for almost a year! When I last looked at this story, I couldn't believe it had been almost a year since I last updated! I felt super bad about that, yet I was such a bad author-nim and still didn't update OTL To be honest, I was THIS close to leaving this story for good because I simply could no longer get inspiration to write this story plus I didn't have any ideas on how or what to write for this chapter. It was very difficult and I was slowly giving up on this story. But, what brought me to not give up was the lovely subscribers. I was actually surprised at the fact that this story was getting subscribers over the year despite the fact that I hadn't updated in a long time. But it also brought a smile to my face at the thought that there were still people who enjoyed my story! ^.^ And don't worry! I have ideas for the future chapters, but I can't promise that I will be updating frequently since I am currently busy with school (so much shiz like getting ready for senior year and finals OTL) but, hopefully, I'll be able to update a bit more once I'm on summer break. I'm hoping to not let all of you down (I really can't believe it's been a year OTL) and will give you guys many Daejae feels! I really liked how this chapter came out so I hope you guys like it. Sorry that you might have to read it from the beginnning since most of you probably forgot what the hell was even happening XD Thank you for not giving up on this story though! I love you all! 

p.s. I will be editing chapters 1-20 because I was reading them over and I have so many grammar mistakes and it's just a mess so I'm going to be fixing them!

okay, bye-bye! ^^