Chapter 8

When I'm With You

     “Will you shut the hell up about having with Daehyun?”

     “No! You guys wouldn’t understand the feeling I’m getting of just wanting to jump Daehyun at any second!”

     Once again, it was lunch time and I was listening to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun bickering nonstop about stupid things; one of them being Baekhyun wanting to get inside Daehyun’s pants. It kept happening every lunch time and it was getting really annoying because he always said the same thing: “I want to have with Daehyun”. It was just pure annoying, but what could I say when Baekhyun could care less about what anyone said of him. That was something I could praise Baekhyun about; he didn’t care what people thought of him or anything.

     As I was taking a sip from my bottle of water with Kyungsoo going all Hulk on Baekhyun, I suddenly felt a weird atmosphere around me. Then I knew as I saw Baekhyun ignore Kyungsoo. He suddenly started fanning himself while also fixing his hair.

     “Hi, Daehyun!”

     I mentally cursed at everything, including me, when I felt a sudden presence next to me.

     “Hi! How are you?”

     I didn’t dare look up because I didn’t want to see what was going on at the moment. Hell, I didn’t even remember putting my head down. 

     “I’m great! I’m Baekhyun! Byun Baekhyun!” 

     “Okay! Hi Baekhyun!”

     After a few seconds, I decided to look up and the first thing I saw was Kyungsoo’s grouchy face. He had his arms crossed and he was probably cursing silently at Daehyun. Daehyun was too busy making conversation with Baekhyun to even notice Kyungsoo mentally throwing daggers at him.

     “And who is this?”

     It took Kyungsoo a few seconds to realize Daehyun was talking about him. He scoffed before looking away. Daehyun just shrugged his shoulders before turning his gaze over to me.

     “This is the first time I see you here!” 

     “I’ve always been here,” I said nonchalantly. 

     “Really? I never see you,” he said to which I just shrugged my shoulders.

     “Don’t you need to go back to your friends?” Kyungsoo said while glaring at Daehyun. 

     “Umm, no, not really,” Daehyun said as he shook his head before smiling at Kyungsoo to which Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows.

     “Well, we don’t want you here,” Kyungsoo said rather harshly. Baekhyun instantly slapped his chest before putting out a sweet smile and giggling.

     “Don’t worry, Daehyun. Kyungsoo is always like that. He just at greeting people. Don’t worry!”

     I took a glance at Kyungsoo and I somewhat felt bad for him because he must have been blown away by the hit Baekhyun had given him. Daehyun giggled before noticing my lunch and picked at it. He took the spoon from the tray and began devouring the rice and the seaweed soup. I was somewhat astonished at the way he was eating because he looked as if he was a starving boy. Baekhyun was gazing at him as if he was the most perfect prince or something despite the ugly way he was eating. Kyungsoo was mumbling random things while rubbing his chest.

     “You don’t want any?” 

     “Okay, first of all, that was my food which you took without asking,” I said as a matter of fact. Daehyun picked the bowl up before slurping the remaining and setting it down. He finished the bowl of rice right after along with the kimchi that was on the side.

     “Sorry, I was hungry,” he said in between chews. A small piece of rice went out of his mouth and landed right on my cheek. At that moment, I wanted to burst out and hit Daehyun, but I remained calm and breathed in really deeply soon enough. I picked out the small rice grain before throwing it on the tray.

     “Okay, Mr. Fatass, if you came here just to take Youngjae’s food, then I suggest you leave now,” Kyungsoo spoke out. Baekhyun, being the Daehyun fanboy he was, slapped Kyungsoo in the chest again while letting out a loud gasp.

     “Kyungsoo! Don’t call Daehyunie a fatass! What if someone called you big eyes or shorty? How would you like it, huh? Huh? Huh!”

     Okay, Baekhyun was just getting annoying, but I would be lying if I didn't find his rants funny. Kyungsoo, once again, rubbed his chest while glaring at Baekhyun and then at Daehyun. 

     “Okay, if you’re going to be in this guy’s side then you leave too! And I’m not short! And I don’t have big eyes!”

     “Fine, I’ll leave with Daehyunie! And you do have big eyes and you’re short!”

     While I was listening to the two bickering, I wondered as to how they became friends. I mean, they fought almost everyday over stupid things. My main question was what exactly made them friends? Kyungsoo was like a grumpy, old man while Baekhyun was a…he was something, but I didn’t know what.

     I was in my own thoughts for too long, I didn’t notice another person coming over to our table and sitting next to Kyungsoo. I saw the guy and he looked a year younger than all of us at the table. He had jet black hair and rather big lips. His skin tone was a little darker than all of us and he looked like someone who would get all the girls. I then looked at Kyungsoo and he looked as if he wanted to kill someone at the moment. 

     “Jonginnie! You came!”

     Daehyun clapped his hands together like a little kid and the guy known as Jonginnie smiled back at him.

     “Yeah, you sort of left me, hyung.”

     “Oh, yeah! Sorry about that! Youngjae-ah,” Daehyun said as he pointed from me to Jonginnie, “this is Jongin, but I call him Jonginnie and this is Youngjae, Jonginnie.” He pointed at me before looking at Jongin.

     “Hi,” Jongin greeted to which I replied with a small “Hi” as well. 

     “And this is Baekhyun and Kyungsoo,” Daehyun continued which made Kyungsoo scoff and Baekhyun giggle. 

     “Hi Kyungsoo hyung.”

     “Shut up,” Kyungsoo blurted out while throwing a glare at Jongin. Jongin smiled at him before greeting Baekhyun. Then, Daehyun made one loud clap and let out a small scream.

     “Now that we all know each other’s names, lets get to know each other! Let’s start with you, Youngjae-ah!”

     “No,” I replied.

     “Aw, c’mon Youngjae-ah! You’re the oldest here!”

     “Actually, Kyungsoo is the oldest,” I said back. Kyungsoo glared at me before shaking his head and pointing at Baekhyun.

     “He’s actually the oldest. He’s from ’92.” Baekhyun looked rather lost at what we were talking about so he just went along by nodding his head slowly. “But he’s too stupid to look like his age,” Kyungsoo nonchalantly said. Jongin let out a small chuckle while Daehyun simply smiled while nodding his head. Baekhyun was too busy looking at Daehyun to even figure out that Kyungsoo had insulted him a second ago. As for me, I simply listened because I didn’t want to join the conversation. Daehyun then pointed at Jongin.

     “We’ll start with you, Jonginnie since you’re the youngest,” Daehyun said to which Jongin nodded and looked at each and every one of us.

     “Please take care of me, hyungs,” he said before bowing at us.

     “Take care of you, my ,” Kyungsoo mumbled while frowning at Jongin. I guess Jongin didn’t hear because he continued on telling us about himself and how he loved dancing and practiced everyday. From the way Jongin was, I thought he was a nice person. I didn't understand why Kyungsoo had such a big hatred towards him; what did the kid ever do to him? I wanted to blurt that question out, but I didn’t want to interrupt Jongin so I waited until he had finished. 

     “Kyungsoo, why do you act like that towards Jongin?”

     “I don’t like him. He’s annoying in class,” he said while rolling his eyes at Jongin. I was a little surprised he could easily blurt that out, but then again, I did ask the question in front of Jongin. 

     “Okay, okay now it’s your turn Youngjae-ah!” Daehyun pointed a finger at me, and I didn’t reject the question. Everyone was looking at me…well except for Baekhyun, but somehow I felt as though he was listening. 

     “I’m Youngjae,” I said before looking at Daehyun, and pointing at him. “You’re turn.” Daehyun stared at me nonchalantly before shrugging his shoulders and pointing at himself.

     “The name is Daehyun, but most people call me as the -“

     “-I don’t want to hear because I know it’s not true,” Kyungsoo interrupted to which Baekhyun gasped. Before anything, Kyungsoo grabbed onto Baekhyun’s wrists and glared at him. “Don’t you dare hit my chest again.” And with that, Baekhyun nodded before retreating his hands back, and staying quiet the rest of lunch. That showed that Kyungsoo wasn’t the best person to play around with. He could be scary sometimes…and this was the first time I had seen him this annoyed and mad. I felt bad for him, but then I thought it was funny. 

     Since the bell had rung, indicating the end of lunch, we couldn’t continue on with the introductions. Jongin had left first and then Kyungsoo left while stomping his feet angrily. Baekhyun decided he was going to walk with me and Daehyun to our class despite the fact that Daehyun kept telling him he would be late to his class. When we arrived in front of our English class, I left Daehyun with Baekhyun and sat in my desk. I was taking out my stuff when a big hand appeared in front of my face.

     “You left me,” he said, “you are so mean.”

     “Yeah, sorry, but I’m not sorry,” I replied before continuing to take out the rest of my supplies. Daehyun grumbled something inaudible before going to his desk, which sadly was still in back of me (even though Mrs. Lim had arranged our seats the third day of school), and didn’t say anything after that. Soon after, the bell rang and in came Mrs. Lim with a pile of papers in her hands. 

     “Hello class! Another day of English class!”

     As Mrs. Lim continued talking in English, she began to pass out the stacks of paper to each student in the class. When she handed me a paper, I squinted my eyes to see what it was.

     “Now, the paper I just handed you all is the requirements I expect you all to follow for your first project of the school year.”

     I’m guessing a project? When Mrs. Lim had finished passing out all the papers she went up to the board and began writing random English words like APINK, MBLAQ, B.A.P, B2ST, EXO, 4MINUTE, Super Junior, K.Will etc. She then looked back at the class while smiling cheerfully.

     “As you see on the board, those are the names of some of the popular artists here in Korea. I might have not written all the idols, but I just wanted to show you that for your project, you will choose one Korean song from any idol and translate the song to English.” 

     I got most of what she said, but some parts were quite difficult to understand.

     “You will be explaining what the song is talking about in English when presenting in front of the class.”

     Someone had raised their hand up, and Mrs. Lim pointed at him to speak up.

     “Mrs. Lim, can you please tell us in Korean because I know for the fact that most of us don’t know what you are talking about,” he said to which most of the students nodded in agreement. Mrs. Lim sighed before smiling and translating everything she said into Korean. Now, I had fully understood what the project was going to be about. 

     “The next part to the project will be for you guys to sing at least one line of the song in English,” she concluded. “Is it not a pretty easy project? It will be due next week.”

     Some people nodded while others were unsure of what to think. To be honest, the project sounded pretty easy except the only difficult part about it was the whole translating the song into English. My English wasn’t that perfect to be able to translate a song. Someone had raised their hand and Mrs. Lim let them speak.

     “Will-“

     “-English,” Mrs. Lim interrupted, and the boy understood. Sadly, he spoke with his poor English.

     “Uhhh…we…two persons…with…this…pr-project?”

     “Yes, if you want to work with someone, you can pair up with someone. It is optional,” she said before some people in the class began to cheer in happiness. “If you’re going to do it in pairs, choose your partners after class and then come to me so I can know that you guys will be working together.” And with that, Mrs. Lim began erasing the board before beginning the new lesson for today. I was planning on working alone, but Daehyun had another idea.

     “Youngjae-ah, let’s be partners,” he whispered to me while constantly tapping my shoulder. I ignored him because I didn’t want to get in trouble for talking, but when Daehyun kept asking me over and over, I turned around and glared at him.

     “I don’t want to be partners,” I whispered harshly back at him. Daehyun only stared at me before nodding his head slowly and then putting it down on the desk. It’s not that I didn’t want to work on the project with him, but I just couldn’t because where would we work on it? Surely, not at my house because of my parents nor Daehyun’s house because I couldn’t even go anywhere besides school! Neither school was an option because I wouldn’t be able to stay too late or else my parents would begin assuming stupid things. Everything was my parents fault…

————

     When class had ended for 4th period, I quickly packed up all my stuff before glancing at Daehyun. He was silently zipping up his backpack, looking so gloomy. Ugh, he was making me feel really bad at the moment. Before Daehyun would leave, I grabbed his shoulder and looked at his eyes. They were filled with no emotion. Daehyun didn’t comment on my hand on his shoulder so I just began talking.

     “I’m sorry, but I really can’t work on the project with you,” I said before letting go of his shoulder and walking out of the classroom. I should have stayed for a few seconds in case he was going to say anything, but then again, what was there for him to say? When I had entered my 4th period class, I began feeling a guilty feeling in me. It was the fact that I had never seen Daehyun like that. He looked as if he was a little boy whose ice-cream had gotten taken away. He looked as if he was on the verge of tears, and the thought of that made me feel even more guilty. Maybe I could make it up to him? What would I do, though? Let him copy my English homework since he rarely did it? Ugh…damn you, Daehyun. I was too into my thoughts, I hadn’t noticed Daehyun walking in…smiling gleefully. I wanted to ask him what was wrong with him until he suddenly slapped my back really hard before chuckling.

     “So what song do you want to translate?” I let out a small gasp when he slapped me before turning my body around to face him. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

     “I don’t know,” I replied. “I’m going to look up some songs tonight.” Daehyun simply smirked before shaking his head along with his right, index finger.

     “You won’t need to do that since I will be choosing the song and then you can choose from the ones I chose!” Upon hearing that, I didn’t react.

     “What exactly do you mean?”

     “We’re partners!”

     Oh…no…

     “Why’d you do that?”

     I widened my eyes at him before glaring at him. At that moment, I wanted to strangle Daehyun because, for one; who gave him the right to decide we would be partners? I surely didn’t and he knew he shouldn’t have! Worst of all, despite the fact I had specifically told him I couldn’t, he still went and put us up as partners! Seriously, Daehyun was the worst person ever! Daehyun only moved his head side-to-side.

     “Because I didn’t want to work on it by myself. Anyway, it would be fun working as partners!”

     “Ugh…I’m going to kill you…”

     “See, you can’t kill me because then Mrs. Lim will fail you for killing your partner,” he stated. I just shook my head in disbelief before turning back around to face the front. Why did this have to happen to me?

-----------

Hello there~! And here is another random chapter! Yeah, it will be like that for the next few chapters (like I said in the previous Author's Note ^^) but please bare with me because I need to do this in order for the story to go smoothly~ But I'm sure you guys like the random chapters, right? RIGHT?! Lolzzz Anyway, I was supposed to update on...Thursday? I'm sorry I didn't since I was busy that day along with Friday even though I said I was going to update in one of those days! And Wednesday (I'll be honest) I had finished chapter 8 since Tuesday, but I didn't want to upload it because I was still writing chapter 9 and like maybe I wanted to make a few changes to chapter 8 and sdfsad! But here it is! Once again, thank you so much for reading my fanfic and I'm glad that you guys like it as much as I like writing it! ^^ Bye-bye!