Chapter 17

When I'm With You

     Quite a bit of cursing~ Just wanted to warn you guys ^^

------

     The following Monday, I was able to go back to school. Since I was gone for about two weeks, I had so much work to catch up on and I was seriously not looking forward to that at all. To be honest, I really didn’t want to go despite the fact that I hadn’t gone for a while. 

     The first person I had seen once I entered the school was no other than Do Kyungsoo. At the sight of me, he ran despite the fact that he simply abandoned the person he was talking to which was actually Jongin. Now that I remembered, didn’t Kyungsoo dislike Jongin to the point where he wanted to choke him? I guess they were able to sort out some type of small friendship if Kyungsoo was able to talk to Jongin without strangling him or something. 

     Kyungsoo stopped right in front of me before putting on a glare.

     “Where the hell were you these past two weeks?” He purposely dropped his books on the floor and began to move his arms like an octopus. “I had to freaking stay with Baekhyun and that piece of known as Jongin. Even that other pice of decided to hang with us!” Obviously I knew who that other piece of was and I rolled my eyes at the way Kyungsoo had associated Daehyun. “You owe me for putting up with those two pieces of !” 

     I slowly nodded my head while placing my hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. 

     “Anyway, why weren’t you here?” I didn’t know if I should tell Kyungsoo, but I really didn’t give a damn if he knew or not. Plus, he was my friend and I rarely told him about my outings with Daehyun. Actually, I don’t think I have ever told him about my outings with Daehyun. Or did I? Well, I guess now was a good time. 

     I had let out a deep sigh and decided to look at Kyungsoo’s books because, somehow, they were fascinating me. Kyungsoo had furrowed his eyebrows, probably thinking something had gone bad. 

     “I ditched school with Daehyun which led to my parents finding out and they made me stay home,” I plainly said which had gotten Kyungsoo to widen his eyes. He then opened his mouth really wide before slapping my arm. “Ow! What the hell, Kyungsoo?”

     “What the hell, Kyungsoo? What the hell with you! Why the hell would you ditch with that piece of !? If you were going to ditch, you should’ve ditched with, I don’t know, Jongin! Wait, no! He’s a piece of as well! Ugh! Just, why would you ditch with Daehyun? Why? Why? Why?” While he was ranting, Kyungsoo began to walk in a circle while flaring his arms all around, making some people to stare and possibly judge. I just rolled my eyes at Kyungsoo because he was over exaggerating about this whole situation. I guess I now know why I haven't  told him anything about my outings with Daehyun because, obviously, he ends up acting like a scary mother. “Youngjae-ah,” Kyungsoo said as he stopped his circle-walking before placing both of his hands on my shoulders, looking straight at me. “don’t tell me that piece of has turned you into one of his minions?”

     “What the hell are you saying, Kyungsoo? It was only one time!”

     “Are you sure about that because I feel as though you have been doing things that the normal Yoo Youngjae wouldn’t do with that piece of ,” Kyungsoo retorted to which I scoffed at his sentence. Normal Yoo Youngjae? Did I look different or something to be considered as a different person or what? At that moment, Kyungsoo was seriously and slowly pissing me off. 

     “I didn’t! Kyungsoo, you’re acting like my parents and it’s getting really annoying,” I stated. Kyungsoo shook his head before taking his hands off of my shoulders. He picked up his books before trying to hit me with them. “Kyungsoo, what is wrong with you?! Stop trying to hit me, goddamnit!”

     “No! I want the old Youngjae back!”

     “I am freaking Youngjae! What are you so worked up about?”

     “The fact that you might turn into that piece of ’s comrade or something!” Then it hit me, not literally because of Kyungsoo, when he had said that. Kyungsoo was jealous that I had ditched with Daehyun. Of course Kyungsoo would act like this. I tried to grab Kyungsoo’s books so he would stop hitting me, but I ended up failing miserably. 

     “Kyungsoo, I’m still the same Youngjae who still loves being friends with you, okay? Daehyun and I aren’t even as close as you and me, okay? So stop freaking hitting me!” Kyungsoo stopped before forming a pout on his lips. I knew it. 

     “Will you stop hanging out with that piece of , then?”

     “Uh…” I didn’t know if I could promise him that because, well, I liked hanging out with Daehyun. 

     Wait. I wasn’t supposed to say that. No, no, no. I needed to keep my promise with my parents and keeping that promise would I keep. 

     I had put on a small frown at the thought of ignoring Daehyun, but shook it off with a smile. I nodded at Kyungsoo. This had gotten Kyungsoo to tilt his head to the side. 

     “Wait, you’re serious?”

     “Yeah,” I nonchalantly said, but deep down inside, I really didn’t want to say that. Kyungsoo crossed his arms before squinting his eyes, visualizing me. I simply rolled my eyes at him before beginning to walk away. 

     “Yah! Don’t leave me, you piece of !” God, Kyungsoo was so weird. How the hell did we become friends?

—————

     It was finally lunch time and I honestly was excited to sit at the table me and my friends always sat at. However, right when I was about to open the door to the cafeteria, I pouted at the thought that I would most likely encounter Daehyun. It’s not that I wanted to ignore him (which I was obviously doing, though), but I had to or else my parents would switch me schools. It sounded pretty stupid, but I honestly didn’t want to switch schools over a person. I didn’t even want to go through a load of work just to enter a new school! Most of all, I didn’t want to leave my current friends! I had Kyungsoo who’s been with me since that day we had to clean the classroom together and I had that stupid grandpa despite the fact that I disliked him to the fullest. I also had Jongin even though I rarely spoke with the boy and he mostly would be with Kyungsoo. And lastly, I had Daehyun who showed me so much even though we barely knew each other. He showed me quite a lot which probably was so little to other people, but to me it was a lot. I had never eaten deokbokki nor ridden a ferris wheel. I never ate rice cakes nor played on a swing. I never even ditched and I actually had never planned on it, but after that day, I actually was glad I did it at least once. It’s so little of what he showed me, but it meant so much to me. Not only that, but he was a very odd person to hang out with and I guess that’s what also made me become friends with him. Despite my constant serious face and tone, Daehyun was somehow able to withstand it and continued to talk to me. 

     I had closed my eyes before taking a deep breath and opening the door. I simply stood there, looking through the somewhat big cafeteria before spotting the one table I always was able to recognize. I walked over to the table and sat on the same spot I always sat on and waited for Kyungsoo and the others. Part of me was hoping Daehyun wasn’t going to show up because I seriously did not want to leave my friends at the sight of him. Now that I was thinking about it, I was being really stupid. 

     “Youngjae-ah!” At the loud voice of Kyungsoo, I averted my gaze towards the small boy and the taller boy next to him. Seriously, were those two friends now? The two sat opposite of me and Kyungsoo randomly slapped Jongin to which the poor boy rubbed his cheek. I simply widened my eyes at the scene.

     “Why’d you do that?” Kyungsoo looked up from unwrapping his sandwich before glancing at Jongin. The boy was still rubbing his red cheek and I seriously was on the verge of slapping Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just shrugged his shoulders before continuing to unwrap his sandwich.

     “He deserved it,” he said. I was about to complain when a loud yelling of my name was heard and I cursed at the person who was shouting out my name. Damn you, grandpa! 

     “Youngjae-ah! I missed you! Well, not really, but sort of!”

     “Yeah, yeah. Do I look like I give a ? No.”

     “Seriously, why do you hate me?” Baekhyun pouted at me while adjusting himself next to Kyungsoo who was too busy devouring his food at the moment. “Is it because of Daehyun? Seriously, you need to get over that! You’re such a jealous person, Youngjae-ah.”

     “Shut the up,” I snapped which got Kyungsoo to choke on his sandwich. He dropped his sandwich and Jongin tried to help him by constantly patting his back. Baekhyun, wide-eyed, took the water bottle on the tray before opening it and giving it to Kyungsoo. He drank a lot of the water before smacking Jongin to stop patting his back. 

     “I was only trying to help, hyung…”

     “You weren’t helping, Jongin,” Kyungsoo spat which got Jongin to shut his eyes for a moment from the water mixed with spit on his face. I wanted to laugh at the scene, but restrained myself from doing so because I was still annoyed at the stupid grandpa known as Baekhyun. “Yah, Youngjae-ah,” Kyungsoo blurted out while wiping his mouth, “what’s this about being jealous?” I was about to explain because I knew Kyungsoo was misunderstanding when the stupid grandpa decided to speak.

     “Oh, it’s because I was acting all cute with Dae when Youngjae found us and he started going all ape when I told him Dae preferred me cuter rather than him.” At the sound of that, Kyungsoo widened his eyes and threw the napkin (which landed on Jongin) before looking over at me. I looked over at Baekhyun and glared at him. you, Baekhyun.

     “Youngjae-ah? Holy , do you like Daehyun?” I stood up at the question before scoffing at Kyungsoo.

     “Are you ing serious? Why would I like that piece of ? I could care less on what the grandpa does to him! Hell, he can him and I wouldn’t give a !”

     “That’s so mean, Youngjae-ah,” Baekhyun said as he shook his head. Ugh, I’m so done with him. I chuckled at Baekhyun before sticking up my middle finger at him. 

     “ you, Baekhyun. I don’t give a crap about what you say.”

     “Youngjae-ah!” Kyungsoo tried to bring my hand down, but I kept it in place as I glared at Baekhyun who was trying to hold in his anger. I could tell there were some people staring, but I didn’t care because I wanted people to know that I, Yoo Youngjae, hated the hell out of Baekhyun. I wanted them to see that Baekhyun was a total . 

     “Oh, really? Then you wouldn’t care if I said that Daehyun likes me and he would never like you? And maybe that he was hanging out with you because he pitied you? Because it seriously looks like that.” I gritted my teeth and clenched my hands. I dropped my hand before looking down at the floor. I seriously wanted to strangle Baekhyun at the moment, but I didn’t want to risk getting suspended. “Ha! So you do care? You care that Daehyun doesn’t like you, huh? Wah, so fascinating.”

     “Shut the up, Baekhyun,” I snarled. It was so weird how he changed personalities in just a few minutes. Who would’ve known that the stupid senior had a y personality. 

     “I can’t believe you actually thought Daehyun would like you,” he said with a smirk on. “You’re not special, Youngjae-ah. You don’t get everything you want.” And at that moment, I had lost it and went up to Baekhyun before landing a weak punch at him. Loud gasps were heard and Kyungsoo ran over to me only to pry me off of Baekhyun before I would seriously attack him.

     “Youngjae-ah, what the hell is wrong with you?” At the sound of that voice, I awkwardly turned around only to see Daehyun. He was questioning me based on his facial expression with his arms crossed. Well, I did not expect him to come out of the blue, but he did. I rolled my eyes at him before grabbing my stuff and quickly walking out of the cafeteria, ignoring the stares I was getting. I was hoping Daehyun wouldn’t follow me, but when I heard the cafeteria door open and then close, I tried to run. I really didn’t want to encounter Daehyun at the moment.

 

     “YOUNGJAE-AH!” I shook my head before looking at the voice that was calling me. It was Kyungsoo and he had a worried expression on him. I looked at who was at the table and Jongin was there along with Baekhyun who had his eyes widened. I furrowed my eyebrows before realizing it was all my imagination. What was I imagining about? And…I couldn’t believe I punched Baekhyun in the dream. “Are you okay?” 

     “Huh? Oh…yeah,” I said before looking around the cafeteria and surely everyone was minding their own business. Wow, that was so weird. Kyungsoo sat back down (he was standing and I didn’t even realize..?) before looking back at Baekhyun. 

     “So what the hell is this about Youngjae-ah being jealous?” Oh, we were still on this conversation. I was still confused as to how that had happened to me and the fact that it was Baekhyun that said all that stuff in the daydream. I looked over at Baekhyun, waiting for what he was going to say. Was he going to be like the Baekhyun in my weird daydream? Baekhyun smirked before shifting his seat.

     “Well, Youngjae-ah went all crazy when he saw me and Daehyun in an empty classroom. I was trying to be all cute for Daehyun, but then Youngjae-ah had to come and ruin it!” Baekhyun began to pout and crossed his arms. Kyungsoo simply rolled his eyes at the boy before averting his eyes to me. I didn’t have anything to say because, well, everything Baekhyun had said was true. “Youngjae-ah, you still owe me a date with Daehyun!” He was still on that? 

     “I’ll give you the date with Daehyun,” I said as I saw that Baekhyun began to light up from what I was saying. “When pigs fly.” Kyungsoo was drinking from his bottle of water so when he heard me say that, he looked at Jongin before spitting the water out. Poor Jongin.

     “But pigs don’t fly!”

     “Then I don’t know what to tell you,” I replied. Baekhyun simply pouted.

—————

     During English, Daehyun wasn’t there and I was actually glad, but then I was also wondering if he had ditched. Now that I was thinking about it, was he rarely here during the time I was gone? 

     “Youngjae-ah!” I turned around to see who had called me before noticing it was Kim Seokjin. I rarely spoke with him unless it had to do with the English homework or the weather because he always wanted to know if it would be cloudy or sunny which made me question him.

     “What’s up, Seokjin?” He sat in Daehyun’s desk before pulling out a smile.

     “Just call me Jin,” he said and I simply nodded at him. “Anyway, I heard you got suspended for ditching with Daehyun.” Where the hell did he get that from? Suspended? Hell no. 

     “Um…I think you heard wrong because I didn’t get suspended,” I told Seokjin or Jin, I meant. He gasped at my response. 

     “Really? Everyone has been saying that, though,” he said and I rolled my eyes at how stupid some people were. “So then what happened to you? You were gone for, what, about two weeks?”

     “Yeah, I…” I stopped mid-sentence because I hadn’t really planned on telling no one about my absence despite the fact that almost the whole school knew part of it. “I was sort of…sick…”

     “Oh, with what?” Damn you, Seokjin or Jin or whatever the hell your name was. “I mean, it must’ve been pretty serious for you to be absent for two weeks.” What was surprising me at the moment was the fact that Jin had noticed I was gone. I honestly thought no one, besides my friends, even knew I existed since I rarely spoke with anyone else besides my friends. 

     “Oh…you know…that one sickness…” I trailed off as I had no serious disease in my head to say out loud. “…that…is really…ba…d…?” I had hoped he would believe me even though it was rather obvious I was lying. Seriously, anyone could notice I at lying because I always trailed off my sentences and would sound even more awkward than usual.

     Jin widened his eyes and added a small gasp before lifting his hand and placing it on my forehead. I quickly took it off and silently glared at him because who was he to touch my forehead? Soon enough, Jin had to leave (I was rather happy, to be honest) since one of his friends were calling him and he said goodbye before walking away from me. The rest of the period, I hadn’t been really paying attention to the lesson nor was I taking notes for rather I was scribbling on my notebook. I never realized until now on how boring English was without Daehyun.

--------

Lolzz at the part where Baekhyun goes all y with Jae XD Anyway, Dae didn't come out sdjkfhskjdf Don't worry, he'll come out next chapter ^^ Seriously, I need to make Dae and Jae do something so this story can progress cuz it's frustrating me! ARGF! Lolzzz OMG so I saw this Bollywood movie today called "Barfi" and OMFG I loved it! Lolzz this is so irrelevant, but I just wanted to tell you guys XD Okay, bye-bye! ^^