Chapter 22 - THANK YOU FOR 100+ SUBS!!!

When I'm With You

     Kyungsoo and I were currently getting ready to go to the beach. Baekhyun, along with his friends, were already at the beach so that had left Kyungsoo and I, only. 

     I was waiting by the entrance door when Kyungsoo came running down the stairs, holding a bag as well as his towel on the other hand. I shook my head at him. 

     “Okay, I’m ready! Let’s go have some fun!”

     “You look like one of those moms that prepare so much for their kids,” I commented and Kyungsoo glared at me.

     “Yeah, well, I care for my son so you, Youngjae.”

     I bursted into a fit of laughter.

     We left the little house and went searching for Baekhyun and his group of friends. They were a bit far from the house, but we were able to find them. They were already in the water, splashing one another and simply having the time of their lives. 

     There was a good amount of the seniors at the beach and I internally hoped I wouldn’t bump into Daehyun or Rokhyun. I didn’t feel like dealing with my so-called problems; I just wanted to have a good time at the beach. 

     “Let’s put our stuff here,” Kyungsoo said as he set all his stuff down on the warm sand. He took his black shirt off and took the sunscreen out. He began applying the white substance onto his arms before proceeding to his legs and chest. I, too, started applying some of the sunscreen on my arms and then my legs. “You’re not going to take your shirt off?”

     I shook my head. Kyungsoo tilted his head.

     “Why?”

     “I just don’t feel like it. I’m fine going in with a shirt,” I explained, and Kyungsoo smirked at me.

     “You don’t want a specific someone to check you out or…?”

     I rolled my eyes.

     “Please, that is the last thing I want to think about. I just want to have a fun time with my friend, in the water.” 

     “Right,” Kyungsoo said in a rather sarcastic tone and I shook my head in disbelief.

     When we were officially done with putting the sunscreen on every part of our bodies (and faces), Kyungsoo ran towards the water while I walked to it. He jumped into the water and I saw Baekhyun swimming over to him before jumping on top of him. Kyungsoo popped up and pulled his hair back with his hands. 

     “What the , Baekhyun?”

     I started laughing at him. 

     I reached the water and let my feet feel the coldness of it. I crossed my arms as I enjoyed the scenery that was the ocean along with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo fighting in the water. I walked deeper until the water was up to my knees. Small waves were hitting my knees and it felt nice.

     Everything felt rather peaceful and I didn’t think anything could get better than this.

     Except, instead of getting better, it got worse. I was so immersed at the waves, I hadn’t noticed Kyungsoo and Baekhyun creeping up on me. The two of them pulled on my ankles, which led to me raising my arms up as I fell hard on the water. I struggled a bit so I probably looked like a raging child or something. I could hear Kyungsoo and Baekhyun laughing their heads off and I internally wished for their deaths. 

     “What the hell, guys,” I complained as I finally got up, slowly. I proceeded to chase after them until a huge wave came and pushed me back into the water. “ing hell…”

     Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were still laughing as they were a few centimeters away. So much for having friends. 

     I was slowly getting up, again, when a random beach ball hit me on the arm. It splashed on the water, next to me, and I picked it up. I searched for the owner of the beach ball by turning my head.

     “Over here, Youngjae!”

     I turned to the voice and awkwardly stood there as I saw who the person was. He was walking towards me until he reached the water where I silently stood. He had a bright smile on and I felt like I could die, and not in a good way. 

     “Youngjae?”

     I came back to my senses before giving the colorful beach ball to Rokhyun. He continued smiling at me as he took the ball from my hands. 

     “Thanks!”

     “Um…You’re welcome,” I said.

     Rokhyun left as soon as I said that and I continued standing awkwardly in the water. 

     Yet again, another big wave came which caused me to fall on my damn face. 

     “Holy , Youngjae, you seriously can’t stand still, huh?”

     Kyungsoo stretched his hand out and I grabbed it, before getting up. I brought my hand to the back of my head and laughed.

     “Ha…I guess?”

     At that moment, Baekhyun swam up to us and poked at my chest with a grin.

     “Why don’t you take your shirt off? Isn’t it uncomfortable at this point since it’s wet?”

     I nodded.

     “I guess, but I’m fine.”

     “No! I refuse to see you in a wet shirt! It makes me feel like I’m suffocating,” Kyungsoo said as he jumped on me.

     “Oh! How fun! I’ll join!”

     What the hell, Baekhyun?! 

     The two of them were now on top of me and I was having trouble not getting water in my mouth. They were pulling at my shirt and I could almost feel it tearing apart. 

     “Oh my gosh, guys! Stop! My shirts going to rip and it will be your ing fault!”

     “Who gives a !”

     RIP!

     Somehow, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were able to rip it from the middle and I was left with nothing, but my chest. I screamed, and it wasn’t even a good scream. Rather, it sounded like a girl screaming and I cursed myself to hell when I noticed some people staring at the three of us. I wanted to drown in the ocean while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun started laughing hysterically.

     “What is so damn funny? You guys ripped my shirt!”

     Kyungsoo threw some water at me, which I was able to block. Baekhyun splashed more water and then the two of them started splashing water at me. I swear, these two would be the death of me at some point.

     “Hey, everyone, we’re having a barbecue right now! Come join if you want some,” a random girl shouted out and a good amount of seniors stopped what they were doing and proceeded to the fireplace that was being made. 

     Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had stopped splashing water on me and I thanked the Gods for saving me.

     “Want to go?” Kyungsoo asked as Baekhyun and I nodded. The three of us walked out of the water, grabbed our towels, and walked over to the fireplace where half of the seniors were currently at. The fire was pretty high and two guys began placing the meat on top of the fire grill. Many of us began sitting around the fireplace, almost making a huge circle. 

     As we waited for the meat to cook, Kyungsoo nudged me on the shoulder and I looked away from the fire to him. He lifted his head to something and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He rolled his eyes before grabbing my shoulders and turning me around. I instantly saw what he was looking at and brought my eyes down. Daehyun and Rokhyun were sitting close to each other, laughing at whatever they were talking about. 

     Once again, Kyungsoo nudged me on the shoulders. I tilted my head a little so that I could see him without having to bring my head up. He shook his head.

     “Youngjae, I think it would be a good idea for you to confess to Daehyun,” he said and I widened my eyes. 

     “I can’t do that!”

     “And why not?”

     “Because…”

     I thought for a few seconds and honestly had nothing to say. Nothing was popping up in my head at the moment.

     Kyungsoo sighed, again.

     “You know, it’s obvious that Rokhyun likes him. A LOT, in fact.”

     “And how do you know that? For all we know, they’re probably really close,” I retorted and Kyungsoo simply let out a laugh.

     “You and Daehyun were close, too.”

     I kept silent.

     “Meats ready! Everyone get their plates and begin serving yourselves!”

     “Yah! Daehyun, you better not eat all of it!” Some guy shouted and a few people laughed.

     “ you, Himchan,” Daehyun jokingly said before grabbing two plates for him and Rokhyun. 

     “Here,” Kyungsoo said as he handed me a paper plate. I stood up and the two of us walked to the small table where there was a tray filled with grilled meat. I was able to get a small piece and was about to get another one when another hand reached into the tray. I quickly retracted my hand and apologized to the person. 

     “It’s fine, Youngjae,” he said and picked a piece before placing it onto my plate. He then proceeded to get a piece for himself and walked away to where Rokhyun was sitting. I averted my eyes down to the meat on my plate and sighed. Why was is so difficult to be around him?

     I went back to where Kyungsoo was at. He was currently stuffing his face and if I wasn’t feeling so ed up at the moment, then I would have laughed at his way of chewing.

     After we were done eating, everyone who was still left in the circle decided it would be a good idea to play a game before we would have to retire to our little houses. Some of the seniors had left to go have a late swim while others simply went back to their little houses to change from their swimsuits and shower. The ones who decided to stay, which included Kyungsoo and I as well as Baekhyun, brought the circle closer to the point where we were literally close to the small fire. The table, where the tray was placed, had nothing on it, but a clear, empty soda bottle. 

     “Let’s play Truth Or Dare!” Someone, Himchan, said with so much enthusiasm. Some people in the group cheered while others laughed. “You guys know all the rules, right? I don’t have to explain, right?”

     All the people in the group nodded, and I nudged Kyungsoo’s shoulder. He looked at me.

     “How do you play,” I whispered to him and he smirked.

     “It’s simple,” he said and pointed at the bottle. “Someone spins the bottle and whoever it lands on is asked Truth or Dare. If they choose Truth then the person who spun the bottle asks them a question and they have to tell them, basically, the truth. If they choose Dare then the person who spun the bottle will have the person do something like run around or something.”

     I widened my eyes when Kyungsoo said that and he giggled.

     “That’s only if the person who spun the bottle is a douche!”

     “Okay. I hope it doesn’t land on me,” I replied and Kyungsoo smirked.

     “We’ll see.”

     And, so, the game started. Himchan spun the bottle and it landed on a girl named Hyeri. 

     “Truth or dare, Hyeri?”

     She tilted her head a little, looking like she was thinking on which to pick before replying with, 

     “Truth.”

     Himchan smirked.

     “Is it true that you tried seducing Mr. Nam?”

     Some people gasped while others giggled. Hyeri simply laughed and shook her head.

     “Why would I do that? Of course not!”

     “Alright, I’ll believe you…for now,” Himchan said. Hyeri rolled her eyes before placing her hand on the bottle and spun it. This time, it landed on Baekhyun.

     “Truth or dare,” she said and Baekhyun smiled.

     “Truth.”

     “Okay. I heard you want to have with Daehyun. Is that true?”

     “…” Kyungsoo whispered and I widened my eyes. This game was rather intense, in my opinion. 

     Everyone looked at Baekhyun in shock, but the boy just giggled.

     “Of course! Who wouldn’t?”

     I turned to look at Daehyun, and almost laughed when I saw his face looking rather distorted. A few of the people laughed while others had their mouths open. It wasn’t like their reactions would bother Baekhyun, anyway.

     After a few more spins, the bottle sadly landed on me. Some people ‘ooo-ed’ while others whistled. I glanced over at Kyungsoo, but he only gave me a pat on the shoulder. 

     “Okay, Youngjae,” Seokjin said with a smile. “Truth or dare?”

     Now, I had to really think about this because I didn’t want to risk humiliating myself in front of these group of people. What would I choose? 

     “Truth,” I said and a few people whistled again. I rolled my eyes. 

     “Oh, okay,” Seokjin said before smirking. He leaned a bit forward and asked, “That day you and Daehyun came late together in English; what exactly happened between you two, hm?”

     That motherer, I swear.

---

I have updated! Omg I can't believe "When I'm With You" has reached 107 subscribers! It's a bit hard to believe since I have never gone to the 100 mark for any of my stories before so this is a first! I would like to thank all of you lovelies for making this possible! I would also like to thank you for liking my story and continuing to read it despite my slow updates (that one year hiatus though OTL) As a gift for reaching 100+ subs, I really wanted to upload chapter 22 for you all! You guys might hate me for leaving it on such a juicy part lmao but, don't worry, chapter 23 will hopefully be coming soon! For now, just try to think what Youngjae will respond with and how Daehyun will react! I'm curious on what you guys think! Once again, thank you for reading my story and I hope you enjoy this chapter! Love you my lovelies! 

P.s. I have currently edited chapters 1-10 so if any of you want to reread them then there you go! They are 10x better now! I'll be working on 11-20 after! XD

Okay, well bye-bye! ^.^