Favor

A Snapshot of True Love

Kyungsoo smiled when he saw Joonmyeons familiar big head. To his chagrin, no one came in following behind Joonmyeon. "Yah.. are you disappointed to see me?" he spoke.

 

Kyungsoo weakly smiled. "Ani! How've you been?" they warmly hugged before sitting down.

 

"Pretty good, what about you? Wow.. Puberty did you well. You're not that short anymore.. And your shoulders.. they're.. narrower than the last time I saw you"

 

"Hyung!" Kyungsoo exclaimed as he hugged himself.

 

"I'm joking! You've become very handsome. I bet my sister wouldn't even recognize you." he joked.

 

"Speaking of.. Joonkyung.. Where.." Kyungsoo asked warily.

 

"Oh, she's busy.. She said she wouldn't be home until 9 or so.." Joonmyeon waved at the waiter. "Hi can you bring a bottle of wine over here, thanks."

 

"How.. How is she?"

 

"Oh she's great. Still stubborn.. And single haha! Poor girl-" his laughing was cut short when his phone rung. "Speaking of the devil......Hey sis!" he said childishly.

 

"Huh? Oh.. Ok well then..you could drop by, Kyungsoo and I could use another party with us." 

 

Kyungsoo crossed his fingers under the table hoping that she would come. 

 

"Eo.. Okay.. Arasso. I'll bring something home then.." and with that, Kyungsoo's hopes sunk into the ocean when Joonmyeon put his cellphone back into his pocket.

 

"She came home early today but she says she's a little tired so.. I'm just gonna bring something home for her to eat"

 

The two men exchanged personal stories and funny moments as they recieved the dishes they've ordered. Kyungsoo couldn't help but think about what he should order for Joonkyung.

 

"Isn't that ridiculous?!" Joonmyeon snapped Kyungsoo out of his daze. "Huh? Eo.. Yeah it is." he said before he stuffed his mouth with a meatball.

 

"Anyways.. Remember that one time when that foreign exchange student and his friends beat me up?" Joonmyeon asked.

 

"Eo.. I remember.. I saved your haha" Kyungsoo recalled.

 

"I was wondering if you forgot about the wish I owe you..If it werent for you, I wouldn't be here." he said as he poked at his veggies.

 

"Oh dont be so dramatic.. What are friends for?" Kyungsoo smiled.

 

"I insist! Now tell me. What do you want? A car? A house? My sister?" Joonmyeon laughs... But Kyungsoo doesn't laugh along.

 

"Wait. You're not serious.." Joonmyeon dropped his fork onto the table. "You little dirty fox.. Dont you dare touch my sister.." Joonmyeon eyed him like a tiger.

 

"Huh, what! I- Dont misunderstand.. I dont want- I- I dont want your sister!" he stammers.

 

"Ohohohoho.. Do Kyungsoo, you do dont you..."

 

"Ani-"

 

"Ok.. Arasso. How about you model for her? You guys can do it for my company! We need new people anyways.I think it'll be great." Joonmyeon leans back on his chair.

 

"Wait.. You're.. serious?"

 

"Yeah! Why not.. Joonkyung's been struggling to find a good model anyways. I have somewhat.. faith in you, Kyungsoo. Wanna start first thing tomorrow?" 

 

"W-Would that be ok with your sister?" Kyungsoo blinks rapidly.

 

"Of course!, She'll love me for it!" Joonmyeon exclaims.

 

~~

 

"Kim Joonmyeon, I hate you!" Joonmyeon struggles to dodge the flying pillows across the room as he hides desperately behind the couch. A furious Joonkyung fires several pillows before actually walking up to him and whacking him countless times on his body.

 

"Ow! Stop it! I'm gonna call the police!"

 

"Then call them! I'm sure prison is better than working for you, with Kyungsoo!" Joonkyung is tired and sits herself on the couch.

 

"Oh come on.. He's not that bad of a kid-"

 

"Thats because you're his friend, of course you would say that about him. Where the hell is my takeout.." Joonkyung crosses her arms together.

 

"Oh! I almost forgot.." Joonmyeon rushes out to his car and brings in multiple bags of food. Joonkyung opens the boxes of various dishes and kisses her brother.

 

"Thank you thank you thank you!" she grabs a fork and starts digging into the food.

 

"You should thank Kyungsoo.." Joonmyeon laughs at his bipolar sister who was trying to kill him a moment ago.

 

"Why.." she said with a full mouth of beef.

 

"Because he bought all of that for you-"

 

"Pfftttttbluh! He what?!" Joonkyung swiftly closed all of the containers of the food.

 

"Yah what are you doing?"

 

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm throwing all of this away. I rather starve than eat anything that he buys-"

 

"Kim Joonkyung, stop being a total ! Jeez..You know I dont know why you do this kind of stuff sometimes..Its pointless." Joonmyeon recovers all of the things before she could throw it away.

 

"I hate him, Oppa!"

 

"Yeah? Well he doesnt hate you.." Joonmyeon scolds. "Give him a chance.. You dont even know the real reason why he's been following you around since freshmen year because you're so oblivious when it comes to love!" Joonmyeon bit his tongue, he took it a little too far and he's beginning to regret it.

 

She scoffs before she harshly pushes the chair into the table. "Well fine, Mr. Girls follow me around like I'm Brad Pitt. I'm sorry for not understanding this thing called "love" because maybe I've been hurt once and I dont ever want to try loving ever again!"

 

"JoonKyung, I-"

 

"Leave me alone!" Joonkyung ran into her room and curled up into a ball in her bed to cry herself to sleep. "Stupid Joonmyeon, Stupid Kyungsoo. Stupid Baekhyun.. Stupid boys!" she shut her eyes tightly as the tears burned. She dreamt of her ex-boyfriend Baekhyun who left her for another girl in Busan after graduation.

 

Joonmyeon sits on his bed and reads his book before sleeping. His cellphone rings and he picks it up.

 

"So Hyung, did she eat all of the food?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"Well.. She devoured it like a vulture you could say..." Joonmyeon laughed.

 

"That.. Doesnt sound so.. Attractive." Kyungsoo shudders as he tries to picture it. "Did she take the offer well?"

 

"Yeah! Of course.. she.. Well..." He sighed, "Kyungsoo I almost died."

 

"I told you hyung! She hates my guts, I'm telling you!" Kyungsoo yelled.

 

"Yeah.. She kind of attacked me with a bunch of pillows.. I'm just glad that it wasnt a vase this time."Joonmyeon wipes the imaginary sweat off his forehead.

 

"Well now what am I gonn- Wait.. A vase?!" he sounded alarmed.

 

"Long story. But no worries! I got this. I guarantee you that I will get her to work for me. She just needs to open her heart a little more. Dont worry."

 

"Ok hyung.. Well.. I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

 

"Alrighty, Jalja!"

 

"Jalja!"