He's Back

A Snapshot of True Love

"Mr. Kim, you have a phone call" the secretary informed. Joonmyeons nap was interupted, he lifted his heavy head and wiped the corners of his mouth. 

 

"If its Joonkyung, can you please tell her I'm busy?" he said as he thought of his little sister. His head drops back down to the table with a thud.

 

"Mr Kim-" the secretary blinks a few times in confusion.

 

"What! Aish..." he shot back up and looked at her like he was a hungry dog ready to eat his meal.

 

"I-it's not your sister." she looked down at her heels nervously, "Its someone name Do Kyungsoo?" 

 

"Do.. Kyungsoo.."Joonmyeons frown turned into a bright smile. He hastily pressed the red button on his office phone before picking the phone up with one hand and the other shooing his secretary. 

 

"Do Kyungsoo! My man!" he answered happily.

 

"Eo.. Hyung! Are you busy right now?" the other mans voice hummed through the phone.

 

"Ani! You have no idea how free I am haha.. Yah! You said you'd call me often and you never did!" the elder one nagged.

 

"Well, now that I'm back in town, I hope we could have dinner tonight and catch up." Kyungsoo asked.

 

"Mmm. That sounds great! We'll go to the usual, I'll see you there then!" Joonmyeon was about to hang up when the other man suddenly yelled.

 

"Uhmm. er.. I was wondering if you could invite Joonkyung too.." he asked nervously.

 

The elder one chuckled, "yah. I thought you hated her guts. what.. Do you miss her or something?"

 

"Yes.. a lot." of course he couldn't say that. Joonmyeon would pound his if he thought of hitting on his precious little sitser. "Uh,, Well its been awhile. I just wanted to see how she was doing. We're all grown ups now.. Hating someone is very immature."

 

"Arasso arasso. I was kidding. Well, why not. I'll ask her. See you then!" he hung up the phone before resuming his peaceful nap before the call. Moments later, his secretary knocked on the door once more.

 

"What is it now!" Joonmyeon yells. "Mr Kim. It's your sister this time." her soft voice bellowed through the door.

 

"Well tell her that I'm busy! Jesus Chri-" the door slams open with a bang. A small figure that stood in front of the secretary who quickly scurried away, had her arms crossed and foot tapped vigorously. 

 

"Busy huh.." she scoffed. 

 

Joonmyeon sheepishly smiled as he sat straight up, rubbing the back of his head "hey lil sis... whats up?"

 

"Whats up? Whats up?! You're gonna wish you'll be up when you're done facing my wrath!" Joonkyung walked around his desk and grabbed a hold of his ear.

 

"Ah ah ah!! Ok Kyungie, I'm sorry... I didnt have much sleep last night because of the big project I had to do-"

 

"Yeah a big project with all of those pretty noonas at Dads company! You just wait until I tell dad!" Joonkyung let him go and leaned against his desk. Joonmyeon held his throbbing ear and looked at Joonkyung with apologetic eyes.

 

"You were suppose to pick me up yesterday since my car was being fixed! You're such an of a brother! I waited 2 hours at the studio by myself. Thanks to Bomi, she gave me a ride home when I told her that my irresponsible brother forgot to pick me up!" Joonkyung complained.

 

"Ok ok, listen I'm sorry! I'll make it up to you.." Joonmyeon said making her calm down. "Remember Kyungsoo? He's back from his schooling in France. He invited me for dinner tonight and asked me if-"

 

"Wait wait.. did you say Kyungsoo as in Do Kyungsoo?" Joonkyung's eyes widened when his head nodded. Her eye twitches in anger as she reminisce the horrifying times in highschool. 

 

"Give me back my camera! Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo was short for a boy, he was dwarf compared that Kris guy in their class. Joonkyung desperately jumped to reach for the camera that Kyungsoo had held above his head.

 

"What are you gonna do about it... Cry? Are you gonna cry for your mommy... " Kyungsoo was smiled in amusement. He loved picking on Joonkyung. The day she stepped into his classroom on the first day of freshmen year, she had no idea what kind of hell Kyungsoo would bring her into for 4 straight years. Her suffering was nothing but fun to him.

 

JoonKyungs' eyes started to water and her lips quivered. Her first professional camera that she had saved up for is now contaminated and in the hands of snobby little Kyungsoo.

 

"G-Give it back!" Joonkyung cried as a tear dropped. Kyungsoo was flabbergasted.. no way.. is she crying? He panicked and didn't know what to do. She never cried no matter how annoyed and frustrated she was with Kyungsoo.

 

"Ok ok.. here.. Geez.. Just.. Dont cry.." Kyungsoo handed the precious camera back to her arms. Before he could apologize, he looked down to her face only to meet the contact of a hard slap across the face.

 

"I hate you, Do Kyungsoo. Dont ever talk to me ever again." 

 

"Yeah! I'm glad you remember him! You know.. He used to li-"

 

"Well too bad! Tell him that I cant make it.. Besides I have a photo shoot until 9 today. So bring me take out.." Joonkyung stubbornly demanded.

 

"Are you sure you dont wanna come? I wont pick you up until I finish dinner.." 

 

"No need Oppa. My car fnished its repairing. I will never ask you to pick me up ever again.' Joonmyeon stuck her tongue out at him "Have fun.. Dont forget my take out." 

 

Joonmyeon chuckles at his cute, angry little sister. "Well alright.. suit yourself.." he leans in to respond to her kiss on his cheek. They both waved good bye to each other.

 

"What a shame... He used to like you, JoonKyung. And he probably still does... a lot." Joonmyeon clicked his tongue as he looked at his watch. 

 

~~~~~~

 

"Can someone fix his collar? What the hell is the stylist thinking? This concept doesn't even match with what he's wearing! Take that hat off of him! Makes him look like an idiot!" the staff hastily runs to the male model to fix him up. Joonkyung sighs in frustration as she grips her camera.

 

"Whats with the attitude, Joonkyung? Is it your brother again?" Bomi handed her a cup of instant coffee. Joonkyung thanked her as she received it.

 

"No.. Its just.. Err!! Why does he have to come back." she ruffled her hair in anger.

 

"Who? Dont tell me its...Kyungsoo.." Bomi wriggled her eyebrow. Joonkyung sighed in defeat, Bomi had hit the jackpot. "Oh come on.. He's cute.. Why do you have such hatred towards him.. He always followed you around like a puppy."

 

"Yeah. an annoying little puppy who kept biting my everday." Joonkyung tossed the empty paper cup into a nearby garbage before putting the camera strap around her neck.

 

"Lighten up Kyung.. I bet he's hot now.. Maybe puberty made its last efforts to turn him into a beautiful masterpiece." Bomi convinced.

 

"Yeah.. And maybe puberty made its last efforts to make me into Angelina Jolie."

 

"Touché" Bomi laughed.

 

"Ok.. Gimme something y." Joonkyung focused her lense on the model. Snap, snap.

 

"Good. Lift your chin up a bit" the model complied to her feedback. Joonkyung was known to be the most stubborn photographer ever. Since she was in the top 10 of great female photographers, many companies tried to work with her. But knowing that she rejects every company because they hired what she calls "ty models", the public publishes many of her rejections.

 

"Stop stop stop.. Hey.. you. Are you like sad or something?" Joonkyung asks.

 

"W-What?" the model looked up at her.

 

"You look like you're heartbroken. Whats wrong.. Your girlfriend and you arent getting along?" she asked in concern.

 

"Y-yeah.. How did you know.." he looked like he was about to break into tears. 

 

"We can just say.. That I'm very observant when it comes to emotions in pictures.. Now in that case.." she smiled before she opened her camera case and carefully put away her camera. The boy looked at her, confused at what she's doing.

 

"Go home. My studio is not a place where I can waste my time trying to take pictures of someone who cant even model." she slammed her case shut.

 

"Wait- what? We didn't-"

 

"Go.Home. If you cant draw a line between work and your personal life, you're wasting my precious time. Do you think you can just stand there and expect me to take good pictures of you when you're frowning over your pesky little girlfriend? Well think again. Go home and never come back. Tell your company that its a piece of for hiring people like you." 

 

Bomi walked over to try to stop Joonkyung, The staff started to murmur while they cleaned up. The model had already walked out and slammed the door before calling Joonkyung a freakish .

 

"Oh come on Joonkyung.. Give him a break." Bomi pleaded. "You just rejected one of the most hottest clothing line companies!"

 

"i dont care if he's the president, I dont care if he's the King of England! If you walk into my studio, its strictly business. You either come here and do satisfactory work, or you walk your out." Joonkyung gathered the rest of her belongings and checked her watch. She didn't expect to finish off this early, that means she could make it to the dinner with Joonmyeon and Kyung- No. She cant. More like, she doesnt want to.

 

Bomi sighed in defeat, "Alright.. Well.. Get a good night sleep, I'll see you tomorrow when you're not an angry gorilla." Bomi snickered. Joonkyung jokingly kicked her . "Ow!"

 

"Good night."  Joonkyung smiled before she walked out the door.

 

~~

 

Kyungsoo adjusted his tie and pulled out his pocket mirror to check out his hair. His feet tapped vigorously and simultaneously to ease his racing heartbeat. 

 

"Why am I feeling this way.. Its just a little meet up. Maybe I'm just setting myself up for another story of unrequited love-"

 

"Sir?" the waiter called for the 3rd time. Kyungsoo snapped out of his pep talk and looked at the waiter with his big brown eyes. 

 

"Would you like to order something? Or are you waiting for your date?" 

 

"Huh? Oh.. No. I'm waiting for a few friends.. They'll be here in a few. Thank you." the waiter dismissed himself and Kyungsoo clamped his cold sweaty hands together.

 

The doorbell rung signaling that the door has opened. He stood up to look from afar and smiled.

 

 

 


How is it so far? :D Kyungsoo will come in the next chapter. What do you think they will talk about? Comment and subscribe :) -K.L