Sick

A Snapshot of True Love

Months after the incident, the press had felt regretful of their wrongdoings. Joonmyeon had raged when he came back and filed lawsuits against any magazine that contained his sister in.

 

Joonkyung rehabilitated and resumed work after a long talk with Joonmyeon. "No, I will not let this happen ever again." he had said. To his surprise, Kyungsoo's patience what put to a test as he was hiding in her closet. Yes.. Her as in Joonkyungs closet. Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute. You guys are probably questioning how their relationship had escalated since that incident. 

 

After the day she was discharged, Joonmyeon wasn't present due to his schedules with the lawsuits. Joonkyung wasn't feeling so well because of the frosty weather and caught a cold.

 

"Are you sure you dont want me to stay? Joonmyeon oppa said he was coming home later than usual. I can make you some soup-"

 

"No, Bomi. Go home. I'm okay! Aren't your relatives visiting for the holidays?" Joonkyung stubbornly advised as she blew her nose for the umpteenth time. All the pressure built in her head as the migrains pounded slowly and painfully. She groans and shuts her eyes tightly hoping that it would go away.

 

"Well I dont wanna meet my weirdo uncle... and dont forget my sassy aunt.." Bomi says as she rubs Joonkyungs back to comfort her.

 

"Which one.. The one that always asks you about your love life?" Joonkyung asks in her nasally voice.

 

"Yes.." Bomi groaned as she slaps her palm against her face in embarassment. Joonkyung laughs and stands up from her seat. "Dont forget that one weird aunt that you have that always exposes your baby pictures during family parties.." Bomi follows behind Joonkyung around the kitchen island.

 

"Joonkyung.." Bomi called.

 

"What.." she lifted her head up.

 

"That was my mom."

 

"Oh." the both of them hurled over laughing. After she caught her breath, Joonkyung grabbed her by the shoulders and guided her to the door. "Honestly, Bomi.. Thank you for being here for me, but you need to spend time with your family.."

 

Bomi turns around and gives her a smile before pulling her in for a warm hug. "Thanks, for putting me back into hell when I've been wanting to escape." Bomi says as she releases her.

 

"I'm serious, Bomi.. I honestly love your family.. Theyre fun people.. Unlike mine.." she mumbled the last part. Bomi pats her shoulder.

 

"Speaking of your parents.. Are they coming back for the holidays?" 

 

"Joonmyeon oppa and I haven't heard from them since his birthday.. But its ok.. We've celebrated Christmas without them before.." Joonkyung forced a smile. Bomi sighs and clickes her tongue, "More like every single Christmas after your 15th birthday..." she pointed out.

 

"Well they are busy people... And you are too! Now get going!" Joonkyung rushes. 

 

"Okay okay... Jeez.. Are you hiding a secret boyfriend or something..." Joonkyung opens the door and pushes her out to the porch. Bomi stumbles on the snowy porch and looks back at her.

 

"I swear to god its Kyungsoo. You two definitely have a thing.." Bomi squints at her. Joonkyung's face flushes pink but it was a good thing that Bomi couldn't really tell because she had a slight fever.

 

"No! The medicine is kicking in and I'm getting sleepy.." she watched Bomi drive off in her mini cooper and closed the door behind her. "It cant be... What am I thinking.. Of course he wont come.. Maybe I misunderstood.." Joonkyungs sniffles echoed the empty house. She decided to settle on the living room couch in her sweats and hoodie, wrapped like a springroll by her favorite blanket.

 

She the TV and her mind drifted off to the conversation, Joonmyeon was having with Kyungsoo this morning. 

 

"Yeah she's sick.. She caught a little cold.. And I'm not gonna be home until midnight" Joonmyeon's soft voice muffles though his bedroom door. 

 

"Should I come over? I could make her some soup or something.." she heard Kyungsoo generously offered through the audio of Joonmyeons phone that was on speaker.

 

"Thats very nice of you, Kyungsoo. But HELL.NO. I am not letting my baby sister home alone with a man." Joonmyeon said only to have Kyungsoo chuckle in return.

 

"Besides, Bomi is taking care of her. So Its okay.." Joonkyung's shoulders sagged down in disappointment.

 

"Well Okay..Thats good then." Her stomach flutters, reacting to his saddening reply.

 

She flips through the channels to get her mind off her him and came across one of those sappy soap operas. The woman looked like she wanted to run away but was turned by the young man. "Dont leave me!" His back was facing the TV screen and Joonkyung rolled her eyes at the corny scene.

 

"You cant protect me.. So dont even bother staying around me.." the lead actress said. She looked at the screen in boredom when the young man's face came onto the screen.

 

"I can! And I will.. I love you so much and I will do anything for you.." Joonkyung gasped and stood up abruptly from her comfort zone.. She stared deeply at the screen looking at the lead actor.

 

"Kyungsoo?" she asked before she rubbed her eyes. Nope.. It wasn't.. "Oh my god I swear I saw him.. " she let out a tiring sigh as she plopped onto the couch once again. Her arm rested on her forehead as she mentally cursed. "I'm going crazy.." she blamed her medication for her hallucinations.

 

A ring from the kitchen interupted her silent rest, She didn't bother getting up and the call went straight to voicemail. she slowly drifted to sleep with the TV in the background. And before she got to listen to the automatic voicemail, the medication had done its job and put her into a deep sleep.

 

~~

 

Kyungsoo shivers as he enters a local supermarket. Ignoring his squirming fangirls, he managed to swiftly grab the right ingredients for seaweed soup. He took his cellphone out of his thick winter jacket and pressed a few buttons. 

 

Ring after ring, Kyungsoo tilted his head to one shoulder to hold his phone while he picked out the groceries with his unoccupied hands.

 

"Hi, this is the Kim household, we are currently not avaliable, please leave a message, name and number so we could get back to you. Bye bye!" Joonmyeons voice happily rung. A loud beep echoed his ear as he threw the veggies in the cart; he picked up the phone with one hand before pushing the cart to the cashier.

 

"H-Hello? Eo.. Its Kyungsoo Opp-.. Its Kyungsoo.. I'll be coming over to make you some soup..Erm.. And And.. Dont reject me because I'm already on my way!" Kyungsoo stutters before hanging up.

 

"Your total is 82,706 won." the cashiere ahjumma said. Kyungsoo hastly pulls out his card and swipes it. "Looks like you're making a big meal for your wife, young man." she said as she smiled.

 

The tip of Kyungsoos ears turned bright red, "E-Eo... Aniyo..Aheh. She's just a friend." Kyungsoo said as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

 

"Oh.. Well then she must be a very special friend for you to be spending this much." she grinned as she gave him his reciept. Kyungsoo happily receives the receipt and grabs the groceries.

 

"She is very special to me." he beamed before bowing. 

 


I'll be updating again! This chapter was too long so I decided to break it into two. Thank you for patiently waiting and supporting this story! :) 

Please comment if you can, I want to know what you guys think! 

Btw.. is this going to fast? -K.L

Thank you for supporting! Have some love from D.O

 

Do Kyungsoo winking his way into your bias list (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Do Kyungsoo winking his way into your bias list (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

He is so adorable

OMAIGASH SO SQUISHY

tumblr_n361fkN1bm1sw9twmo1_500.jpg