Proposal

A Snapshot of True Love

Everyone ate awkwardly before Joonmyeon decided to break the ice a bit. "Abeoji..What did you think of the company when you visited it?" Their father wiped the corners of his mouth with the cloth before he spoke. "Well I.. I'm very proud actually.." both children of the Kims stopped eating and looked up.

 

Their father thought it got more awkward so he brought up some childhood stories to lighten the mood up. "Joonkyung, remember when I took you horseback riding and you loved it? We should go again sometime!" her fathers remark angered her even more. First, he didn't properly greet her ever since her arrival. Second, he acts like everything was okay after not visiting for over 5 years.

 

"I hated horseback riding." she muttered. Her father laughed it off like it was his mistake. "Okay.. How about uh.. How about we go visit Busan, didn't you say you wanted to go fishing sometime?"

 

"That was me.. Abeoji.. Joonkyungie is scared of the water.." Joonmyeon answers before he rolled his meatball around on his plate.

 

"I must be getting old then.." their father laughed again. He looked at Kyungsoo before he glanced at his watch. "Kyungsoo, is it okay for you to leave now? We have some family matters to deal with.." he asked. Joonkyung abruptly stood up after slamming her silverware on the table.

 

"I've had enough." she said.

 

"Joonkyung, that is not the way to act at a restaur-" her mom was rudely cut off by her fierce response.

 

"Oh how would you know, Omma.. you were barely raising me. I had to teach myself how to be etiquette." she huffed. "You guys came back after 5 years, 5 freakin' long years. And then you guys try to act like we're a happily family which is a total lie because I doubt that you'd even remember what special events you've missed. Oh wait, there were so many.. Like the day of my high school graduation.. and Joonmyeons graduate school graduation.." she scoffs. "

 

"I thought maybe I should just let it go because you guys were tired from work but then you go ahead and ask my boyfriend to leave?" Kyungsoo grabs her hand to pull her back down to sit but she shrugs it off.

 

"Joonkyung, I think its best if I leave, sweetheart." Kyungsoo stands up and puts a hand over her waist.

 

"No, you're not leaving. You cant leave just because they told you to leave." Joonkyung begged, "Thank you for dinner, Mr and Mrs Kim. It was nice seeing you again. I'll take my leave now." Kyungsoo was aware that her parents were there so he chose to press a short kiss on her cheek. Joonkyung watched him walk out the door before glancing back at her father.

 

"Joonkyung, listen-" her father was cut off by Joonkyung who was more than angry. "No you listen, Appa. Geez I cant remember the last time I called you Appa," she scoffs. "I cant believe you made him leave. But I guess thats for the good because I dont want him to listen to this conversation." Joonkyung rested her hand on her hips.

 

"Do you realize how much Joonmyeon and I missed you? We needed you to be here for us, but you just left us. You weren't there when I needed you most, I spent my days alone because Oppa was so busy. And now that I'm dating Kyungsoo..you wont support me even when you guys are physically here?" both of her parents were astonished by her confession.

 

"When I was young I did realize that you two were busy. You guys missed our birthdays sometimes and I thought that was okay as a child. But.. Why were you gone for so long.." she started to break down into tears before her father stood up.

 

"I mean.. I love you guys so much.. Every night I think about when you guys are coming home.. Dont you.. Dont you ever think about us the same way?" her hair covered her face as she cried. Her father stood there in pain watching his only daughter cry for him.

 

"We.. We do.. We love you guys very much." he placed a hand on her shoulder.

 

"The truth is, we've been watching the whole time and you guys have grown up to be such wonderful children." her father finally spoke. She looked up to him and noticed that his eyes were teary too.

 

"Joonkyung ah.. We wanted you guys to get use to this because this is how your life will be like in the future. The way you guys have been coping over the fact that we arent always here is better than we've expected." her mother said as she rubbed her back.

 

"Y-You mean this w-was all a test?" Joonkyung questioned. The rocks on her shoulders were lifted when they both nodded. "We wanted both of you to find someone else to rely on since we as parents failed to do so, due to work." her mother said.

 

"We're going to be moving back with you guys after tomorrow." Joonkyung felt happiness surge through her body. "Really?!" she lit up. Her parents looked back at her and smiled before they all came in for a group hug, crying of happiness.

 

"Dont forget me!" Joonmyeon, who was silently crying in the back, came into the group before Joonkyung snapped at him, "Mommas boy" she stuck her tongue out at him. "Daddy's  girl!" he teased back causing their parents to laugh at their childish children.

 

"And Kyungsoo is a great boy, Joonkyung. I'm actually relieved that you two were able to meet again." her face lit up when she heard her mother speak. 

 

"But your father had a hard time excepting that.. When he told me, I was so excited for you two! Aigoo, Kyungsoo is the perfect son-in-law." her mothers eyesmile portrayed how happy she was.

 

"R-really? You're not mad that I'm dating Kyungsoo?" Joonkyung sniffled.

 

"Aniyo! Of course not.. The thing is.. Well.." her mother was nudged by her father. "Actually, he told us to ask him to leave this morning."

 

"This morning?... Thats why he was late to the photo shoot.." Joonkyung thought back. "Well then why did he want to leave first then?" she questioned. "That is for you to find out..." her father replied. "Joonmyeon... take her."

 

~~

 

"Where are we going? This looks like our old high school.." she pointed out as she looked out the window. When they finally pulled up onto the campus, Joonmyeon struggled to blindfold his sister, but after a couple of tries, she gave up. 

 

"Even though I still oppose you two together..As long as you're happy, its okay with me.." Joonmyeong said as he led her to the field.

 

"Thanks oppa.. You do know that your approval means a lot to me." she said. 

 

JoonKyung POV

 

"You can take it off now" I didnt feel Joonmyeons presence anymore. And the voice that just spoke sounded like Kyungsoo. When I pulled down my blindfold, I immediately covered my mouth in amazement.My feelings tumbled in circles and circles before I realized that Kyungsoo was dressed beautifully in white, sitting on a piano with candles lits around him

 

He began to play the piano and started to sing before I could say anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRCsZ5a3aCM

A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head
When I think of all the years I wanna be with you
Wake up every morning with you in my bed
That's precisely what I plan to do

And you know one of these days when I get my money right
Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life
We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush
But one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough

I'll say, "Will you marry me?"
I swear that I will mean it
I'll say, "Will you marry me?"

How many girls in the world can make me feel like this?
Baby I don't ever plan to find out
The more I look, the more I find the reasons why
You're the love of my life

You know one of these days when I get my money right
Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life
We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush
But one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough

I'll say, "Will you marry me?"
I swear that I will mean it
I'll say, "Will you marry me?"

He stood up from the piano and walked towards me, who was currently an emotional wreck, sobbing hardly and simply unattractive. "Kim Joonkyung.. We've been together for almost 2 years now. But we've known each other for longer. I know that I'm not perfect and I know that I have many flaws. I'm so grateful and blessed to have you to accept me for who I am. I just want you to know that I love you for who you are because you complete me; if I dont have you I will be able to live life the way it is. An-and.. oh god I messed up" Icoughed up a laugh as I wiped my tear. You are such an idiot..

 

"I mean I wont be able to live life the way it is. I want to cherish you for the rest of your life, I want to sleep with you- no wait that came out wrong.." Kyungsoo trembled. "I want to sleep in your arms and wake up next to you. I want to have our own children, raise them and grow old together. I'm sorry this proposal wasn't perfect but what I'm trying to get at is.."

 

He pulled out the box in his pocket, opened it and got on one knee. "Kim Joonkyung.. Will you let me love you forever? Will you.. Will you marry me?" he asks. My hert felt like it was about to burst as it thumped against my chest. I started to smile before I answered him, truthfully.

 

"Yes, I will, you dork" Kyungsoo smiled before he grabbed me by the waist and lifted me up, twirling in circles before setting medown. Kyungsoo carefully slipped the ring onto my finger. I smiled as I started to adapt to the new piece of metal around my finger.

 

"I love you, Joonkyung" he said after he looked at the ring proudly.

 

"I love you too, Kyungsoo." we both leaned in at the same time and shared a joyful kiss.

 


Honestly I just noticed that I havent written in the OC's perspective since I started this story LOL.. But oh well. Anyways! I hope you guys liked it!!! I had so much fun writing these chapters hehe. Can you just imagine Kyungsoo singing this song tho? With those falsettos omg I would die LOL.

I guess this was a little short but I hope it containted all the fluff that you've expected!

Heads up for the next chapter! The next one will most likely be the last chapter! I will not be writing a chapter about the wedding because I at that LOL. Thank you for your support up till now :)

And please comment if you can, I feel neglected for the past couple of updates ;-;

Kyungsoo in white ;-; 

tumblr_n9iaauj6qj1r44taeo1_250.giftumblr_n9iaauj6qj1r44taeo2_250.gif

this ones random but hes so handsome in this one LOL

BblawpxCEAAq5dU.jpg:large