Safe

A Snapshot of True Love

"JoonKyung ah!" the event coordinator yelled. Today was a very stressful day for the studio. Everyone was on their feet, running back and forth like a busy kitchen. Summer was here and the promotions for the latest summer outifts had to be squeezed in today.

 

"Eo!" Joonkyung let out a long sigh like the exhaust of an old car, her bangs were slowly sticking to her forehead because of the sweat. She had just finished shooting the 9th set of clothes. 

 

"I need to leave now, you'll be closing the studio after the last sets!" she said before she left

 

"Wait-... UGH!!" Joonkyung groaned as she put her hands on her hips. Bomi was sick in bed and the assistants here are all newbies-they kept asking her simple questions which slowly lit the fuse to her short temper. She had been standing all day and she didn't eat anything yet. Whenever Bomi was here, she would take care of everything.

 

"Where is Kyungsoo?!" Joonkyung yells.

 

"I'm here, I'm here!" Kyungsoo stumbles out from the dressing room with his dress shirt half buttoned. Joonkyung and Kyungsoo had been the hardest workers in the room. She gave a quiet smile when she saw him as he hopped over with one shoe on and the other in his hand.

 

The stylists follow him in swarms, one fixing his hair, the other given him his outer jacket. Joonkyung got behind the camera to fix the focus, when the swarm disappeared, a handsome Kyungsoo appeared. He gave a quick wink to signal that he was ready, that was enough to send a flock of butterflies in her stomach. 

 

~~

JoonKyung had felt lightheaded after she finished the last few shots. Kyungsoo scurried into the dressing room to get changed, "Sunbae, you dont look too well.. Why dont you go home first, we'll take care of this." one of the newbies said.

 

Joonkyung couldn't give the studio under her responsiblity, "No its okay, I have to close it down. I'm fine."

 

"Aniya, sunbae.. You should go! Take a rest!" the newbies urged. "Besides, we also have the other sunbaes, they can handle it."

 

"Alright.. Remember to lock the doors and roll the blinds." Joonkyung reminded them. Joonkyung walked down the empty hall and felt her phone ring.

 

"Eo, Oppa.. Did you arrive safely?" she asked.

 

"I did. I'll be home late today. There are left overs in the fridge, if you get hungry, I left money on the counter for pizza or something." Joonmyeon advised.

 

"Arasso Oppa, bye, love you." Joonkyung watched as she slipped her phone into her pocket when she heard a distant crowd of angry people in the front. She wanted to avoid it as much as possible by going the oppisite way, but it was too late when she had shoved open the door that was the barrier between the company and the crowd.

 

"There she is!" someone yelled. Cameras flashed at different angles and the atmosphere was tense, Joonkyung gulped as she struggles to stand on her own two feet.

 

"Joonkyung-ssi! Can you explain your relationship between you and Kyungsoo?" a recorder was shoved to her face.

 

"Joonkyung-ssi, does your parents know about this? How do they feel in terms of your affair?"

 

"Please say a few words regarding your working relationship with Kyungsoo!"

 

"What can you tell us about your recent meeting with Kyungsoo outside of work?"

 

"Can you explain the recent picture of you two outside of Aroma Cafe?"

 

~~

 

"Thank you for your hard work!" Kyungsoo bowed as the staff started to clean up. He used his big brown eyes to find where JoonKyung was. Where is she? He quickly scanned the room and she was nowhere in sight. 

 

"Hyung! Joonkyung's in trouble!" one of the co-models yelled. Kyungsoo's eyes shot open and he felt a pang of fear. "Where is she?!" 

 

"She's outside! She's being surrounded by a mob of paparazzis!"

 

Kyungsoo's heart dropped, "No this cant be good, I have to save her." he mumbled under his breath before he turns on his heels to head to the door.

 

"Joonkyung!" his voice echoed through the corridors of the company but she was nowhere in sight. He followed the loud noises of protest and pushed through the big opaque doors.

 

"Get away from her!" he yells as he saw her small figure compared to the mass of people.

 

Joonkyung couldnt take it anymore, the flashes started to swirl as she lost her vision. Her knees felt weak and she didn't have anymore energy to stand up, the last thing she saw was lights and lots of them, but the last thing she felt was a strong pair of arms.

 

~~

 

"Aish..." Kyungsoo struggled through the crowd. "Dont you have any shame! Move!" he curses. Joonkyungs limp body was supported by his arms as he sits her in the passenger seat. Kyungsoo jumps into his car and races to the nearest hospital.

 

"Somebody help! She fainted, please help her!" Kyungsoo yelled. The nurses retrieves a stretcher to lay her down as they rush her into the nearest room. 

 

"Hold on sir, are you her guardian?" the male nurse asked.

 

"I-uh.. I'm her boyfriend!" Kyungsoo blurted. The nurse nodded and gave him a clipboard of forms. Kyungsoo blinked several times before he realized the spurious things that he had said. He his dry lips and gulped, "oh man Joonmyeon is gonna kill me." he mumbled

 

He sat down in the waiting room and filled in the blanks. To his own surprise, he had completed most of the personal information regarding Joonkyung. When he stood up to give it to the nurses at the front desk, a few of them happened to be fan girls and asked him for his autograph.

 

"Oppa! Your relationship with her is true?" the nurse asked.

 

"Is it Oppa?" the other asked.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip and rubbed his ears that were now turning red. "We hope its true!" they both say in unison. Kyungsoo looked up at them and was taken back. "M-Mworago?" he said.

 

"You guys look adorable together! Kyungsoo Oppa, fighting!" they both said. Kyungsoo gladly signed his picture that they had from a magazine. He thanked them with a smile when they notified that Joonkyung was now stable in her room.

 

Kyungsoo hastily walks to the designated room and slides the door open to see her laying peacefully in bed. He approaached her and bent over to let out a long exhausting sigh.

 

"Aish.... You made me so worried about you! Why cant you take care of yourself properly.." he yelled at her. To his worried and painful state, she didn't flinch or move, she was perfectly still sleeping with many IV fluids in her. He pulled up a chair at her bedside and hung his head down.

 

"God damn it.. If I was only there to walk you home you wouldn't have been in this situation.." his hand slowly crept onto the bed to meet hers by instinct. Their soft hands molded perfectly sending waves of satisfaction through Kyungsoo's body. This felt right, he thought. Being here for her, always.

 

His free hand traced over her jawline, he smiled as he took his time to appreciate every feature of her face. He carefully gets up from his chair and hovers dangerously close over her. Just one kiss... He thought.. Just one more wouldn't hurt.

 

He closed the distance between his lips above her forehead before her eyes started to open. Kyungsoo froze in place causing her hazel eyes to bore into his for a few seconds. He in his breath before he stood straight up.

 

"I-I'm sorry." he said before he quickly his heels to make his way out avoiding this embarassing matter. Joonkyung grasped his hand that was in hers with the limited power that she had.

 

"Stay..Please.." she said with her hoarse voice. "I'm scared.." she looked at him with warm eyes. Kyungsoo calmly complied hiding his happiness and sat down beside her.

 

The awkard silence hit them like a cold sea breeze, they sat there in silence, both aware of their skinship. 

 

"H-How are you feeling? The doctor told me you were stable and you should be waking up in a few hours.." he said.

 

"Like crap.." she said before shut her eyes. "Oh god... Gimme your phone.." she tried to sit up, Kyungsoo helped her up by slipping his arm behind the middle of her back.

 

Kyungsoo obliged and handed her his phone. She vigorously scrolled through the endless headlines that screamed her name. "Aigoo... There goes my career.." she face palmed herself, cutely.

 

"Wouldn't it be great to escape fame? Even if it was just for a day.." 

 

Kyungsoo looked at her as she stared into his eyes. She looked hurt and desperate, Kyungsoo wanted to pull her into his arms to comfort her, but he couldn't. He had leaned in to give her some sort of comfort.

 

"Would... Would you like to go with me?" he asked suddenly as he put a free hand on her shoulder to give her a small squeeze.

 

Joonkyung felt a sense of relief. She felt like she had shared the same feelings as Kyungsoo. For the first time, she felt like it wasn't just her that wanted to escape. She looked into his big brown eyes and brushed her palm against his cheek.

 

The both of their surprise, the next thing that happened.. their lips had magically found their way to each other.

 


Hi guys! Long time no see! Thanks for all the comments and subscribers! I'm looking forward to more :) -K.L

 

Summer is almost here.. I'll be starting my sequel and hopefully another story featuring Kyungsoo :3

kyungsoo’s wink

tumblr_n5k678Rs4N1ru25j4o1_500.gif

 

Exo fans stay strong! I'm sure everything will clear up soon.  Fighting!