Side Effects

A Snapshot of True Love

Double update!! Enjoy!! Happy 4th :) -K.L


Meanwhile, Joonkyung was dying from the heat she was under. She woke up when she received  several text messages.

 

From: Dad

2:02pm We'll be coming home on Christmas Eve. See you.

 

JoonKyung scoffs and opens the next one

 

From: Bomi 

3:43pm Oh my god.. Please save me. I'm dying of embarassment. 

 

From Joonie Oppa

12:49pm Are you sleeping still?

1:26pm Yah.. 

2:15pm I got a text from dad....

3:19pm Should I be concerned about you..

3:38pm Did you take your medicine yet?

 

Joonkyung smiles and replies to her brother. She pops open her container and swallows the pill.

 

To Joonie Oppa:

5:26pm Lol.. Yes I did, father.. I just woke up from a power nap >< No texting and working!

 

She opens another message, this time she didn't want to reply.

 

From: Big eyed derpty derp

1:39pm Hey I called home and no one picked up.. are you okay?

 

She quickly locked her phone and looked at the blinking red light on her home phone. Curiosity controlled her and the next thing she knew, she was listening to the voicemail that he left her. Joonkyung cleared her sore throat and quickly deleted the message. She grabbed her phone and replied to him without regrets.. okay maybe just a little regret.

 

To: Big eyed derpty derp

5:30pm Yes I'm fine. You dont need to come.

 

Joonkyung looked outside and saw the early winter sunset in Seoul and let out a breathy sigh. A low growl in her stomach startled her before she looked at the clock. "Oh my god I slept for 4 hours straight." 

 

She strutted to the kitchen to make a cup of tea to alleviate her headache.

 

After several of minutes the sound of the tea kettle pierced her ears and she held onto the handle. Being weak from her sickness, she struggled to hold up the water to pour it into the cup.

 

"Do you need help?" a husky voice alarmed her. She immediately let go of the handle and backed away from what looked like Kyungsoo, standing in front of her, but was actual just a figment of her imagination.

 

"God in damn it this medicine is going to be the death of me!" Joonkyung calms herself as she rests her hands on her beating chest. She effortlessly reached for the cup and poured the hot boiling water into it, unsteadily. The kettle rocked and some of the water pours onto her hand.

 

"Ow! !" she hisses in pain as she clutches her stinging hand. 

 

"I told you to be careful" Kyungsoo's voice bellowed behind her ear. She turns around and jumps in shock.

 

Kyungsoo scurries up the stairs to the porch and wiggles in place, struggling to find warmth. He presses the doorbell with his toasty hand that was in his pocket.

 

"Leave me alone! Get away from me!" In Joonkyungs mind, Kyungsoo kept appearing and talking to her. The real Kyungsoo that was standing outside, widened his eyes, thinking that there was someone else in the house with her.

 

He drops the groceries and pounds on the big wooden door. "Yah! Joonkyung open the door! Whats happening in there?!" he yells desperately.

 

Joonkyung hears a voice and a pound on the door. Thinking that it was her big brother that was home early for work today, She immediately opens the door and runs into his firm frame.

 

Kyungsoo was taken back when he saw a limp, heavily breathing body clutching him and scans the empty house for another body. No one.

 

"A-Are you ok?" he asks.

 

She lifts her face up after burrying it into his jacket to see Kyungsoo again. "Oh my god.. Its you again.. Go away!" Joonkyung tries to push him away but fails. Having his over-protective instincts, Kyungsoo refuses to let her go and pulls her chin up.

 

"Let me go!"

 

"Joonkyung, look I dont know what tried to hurt you but, I'm here okay? I'm here for you.. I'll protect you remember?" his angelic voice soothes her as she starts to calm down. Joonkyung was too tired to retaliate against this Kyungsoo, whether it was the real one or the imaginitive one.

 

"Lets go inside.. its really cold." Kyungsoo leads her into the living and sits her down. He sets the bags of groceries onto the kitchen counter. Joonkyung sits on the couch with her knees to her chest. Kyungsoo felt his heart ache and knelt down in front of her to stoop to her level, face to face.

 

"Hey.. Are you feeling better?" Kyungsoo slowly put his hand on her knee. She sneakishly wiped her tear and sat criss-crossed, avoiding eye contact with Kyungsoo.

 

She didn't answer him for a long pause before he cupped her cheek with his soft hands. "Look at me.." Kyungsoo said. She shook his hand off and Kyungsoo reached out for her again.

 

"Why are you crying... I said I'm here for you.. Okay? I'm-" Kyungsoo was interupted by a sudden pull. Joonkyung pulled him by the neck and hugged him tightly.

 

Kyungsoo hesitated before he finally put his arm around her; one hand secures her back and the other hand caresses the back of her head.

 

"Sh.. Its okay.. I'm here." he cooes

 

"I dont want you to be here.. I've been seeing you all day.." Joonkyung mumbles. "Why wont you go away..." she asks

 

Kyungsoo pulls away from her and holds her cheek, gently sweeping her cheekbone with his thumb from time to time. His heart shape smile occurs and the inside of Joonkyung's head twirls. She slowly touches his free hand, firmly grasping it. "Wow these meds are like narcotics..I can actually feel you..like you really exist."

 

Kyungsoo chuckles before he runs his hand through her hair. "I wont go away because I'm here to protect you.. I.. I care a lot about you.." Kyungsoo shyly confesses.

 

Joonkyung was blushing under the heat of her fever and seemed unconvinced by her past hallucinations. "You're lying.. You're just a figment of my imagination, Kyungsoo...Leave.." she protests.

 

"No, sweetheart.. I'm real. I'm 100% real." he grabs the hand that was in his and places it over his own cheek. "See?" he says as she smiles. Joonkyung, the stubborn mule is once again not conviced.

 

"I dont believe you... Prove it.." she challenged. His orbs stared deeply into her, his beautiful plump lips were wet from his natural habit of biting them when he was nervous. He let out a breathy hot breath and looked at her. "If you say so, sweetheart" and he leaned in to kiss her.

 

His hot lips happily greeted her with a hungry kiss; a kiss that Kyungsoo was only dreaming of. Joonkyung's eyes widen and was totally woken up from her hallucination. It was him. It was really him. 

 

Joonkyung gasps and pulls away first, "Oh my god its really you.. I am so sorry, Kyungsoo." Joonkyung wipes the sinful evidence off her lips. 

 

"You dont need to be sorry. Because I meant every single word I said. I'm tired of just watching you from afar. I really want to be with you and I'm sorry that I never had the balls to say this." Kyungsoo looks at her with desperation. When she didn't reply, he gulps, maybe she doesn't feel the same, he thought.

 

"I-I love you." Kyungsoo spurts. Joonkyung was appalled and had no words that came in her mind because of 3 things:

 

1: her head felt like it was going to blow from her headache

2: she loved him back.

3: she loved him back

 

Kyungsoo sighs before he attempted to  pull away when Joonkyung pulls him back and pours out her true feelings. "Oh my god.. I love you too.. I love every stupid part of you Do Kyungsoo. You drive me crazy and I hate you." 

 

Kyungsoo's face brightened up before he pulled her into a warm hug. "Yes! I knew you loved me too! I finally did it!" Kyungsoo couldn't stop smiling when he pulled away. Joonkyung's mood also enhanced, bringing her to a smile with rushing butterflies in her stomach.

 

His soft pupils looked into hers as he held her cheek and shyly asked for permission, "Can I.. Can I kiss you again?" 

 

Joonkyung smiles bringing up his hopes when she nodded 'no'. Kyungsoo sulked and pouted, "Why not.."

 

"I'm sick, you dumbo.." she replied. Kyungsoo looked back at her with needs, he suddenly pushed her down on the couch, pinning her to the soft cushion as he gazed down at her. "Does it look like a stupid cold will stop me from kissing the girl that I've been dreaming to have since highschool?"

 

"K-Kyungsoo.." 

 

"I thought so." he said before he stole another long, heated kiss. Joonkyung started to give up and reciprocated the kiss, Kyungsoo smiles in victory before he pulls away.

 

"You cant resist me." Kyungsoo smirks.

 

"I hate you..." she retorted before she pulled him back down.

 


Hey guys! Happy 4th of July!! :) I hope you guys will have fun wherever you are.. I hope this update wasn't too rushed. If you're confused at any point, feel free to ask me! 

Any comments/requests/feedback would help me process the next few final chapters! -K.L

 

ysoo for all of you guys <3 I'm evil, After this, you'll have so much kyungsoo feels. LOLOL

Thunder - Kyungsoo

no kyungsoono kyungsoo

kyungsoo + photoshoots!

kyungsoo + photoshoots!

flirting with his eyebrows..

tumblr_n86gdb2HXj1qdq4zno1_500.jpg

ok im done.. teehee.

(Pictures are not mine, they are from the amazing blogs I follow on tumblr. feel free to follow me: youngmyeonie.tumblr.com)