seven

My Strange Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seven

"Have you gone insane?!"

I currently drinking a cold glass of water to refresh my throat after singing out my frustrations earlier when I got home. But while drinking, I felt someone staring at me and I was right—I caught Hana staring right at me and it seemed like she's going out. She immediately looked away and got out of the door without a word, while I finished drinking the glass of water. 

I went to the sink and rinsed the glass and then placed it back to the diswasher. 

I placed my hands inside my sweatpants' pockets and then stopped right in front of the stairs. I bit the insides of my cheeks and cursed loudly, thinking about Hana going out at this hour. I glanced at the clock just by the stairs and realized it was already seven in the evening. I blew out air from my mouth, hesitating whether to follow Hana or not. 

First of all, why would I? 

She was being a total brat to me earlier, so why should I follow her and see if she's safe? 

I groaned once again, realizing it's also my responsibility to take care of her since she's family. Right, family. Like I'll ever treat her as my own sister. With hesitation, I turned my heels and hurriedly took the spare keys by the front door and locked the doors right when I got out. I placed the keys inside my pocket and tried to think where she'd go. 

Thinking back to earlier, I think she was trying to find snacks. Maybe she had gone to the convenient store? 

I nodded my headed, thinking it'd be the smartest idea to just look for her at the obvious places first. So I walked towards the convenient store, which was kind of far from our house. A few minutes have past and I could finally see the convenient store just across the street. When I crossed the street, I casually walked closer to the store and found a man wearing a black hoodie staring right through the glass windows of the store. 

I raised a brow and then shrugged it off, thinking he was just sight seeing or something. 

I was about to walk right in when I caught a glimpse of the sharp knife the man was holding. I looked inside the store and saw Hana looking around the store for some snacks. I glanced at the man and saw him look at me. I stared at him with an unfazed expression and saw him shift uncomfortably in his place. 

He walked past me, placing the knife he was holding inside his hoodie pockets. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and then looked back at Hana once again, realizing she's about to finish. I bit my lip and decided to just stay outside—knowing that man with the weird black hoodie would try and harm Hana once she gets out of the convenient store. I went to the side of the convenient store, seeming like I was just standing there for a fresh air. 

But once I heard a 'ding' from the door of the convenient store, I immediately rushed to Hana and grabbed her arm and dragged her to an alley just around the block. Before I dragged her to an alley, the man stood at the other end of the convenient store, staring down at the ground—probably waiting for his prey, Hana. 

Once I caught a hold of Hana, I saw the man look up and his eyes immediately widened. He ran after us, screaming, but it was mixed with Hana's muffled exclamations. I covered , not wanting to gain attention from the neighbourhood. When we reached the end of the block, I immediately pulled her into an alley. 

I shoved her to the wall, still covering and preventing her from screaming. I stood closer to her, now able to hear her deep breathings, but I was too focused on losing the man with the black hoodie that I didn't notice her already crying on the spot. Once I heard her muffle cries, I immediately took my hands off of and stared at her. 

She looked so vulnerable and scared. 

Nevertheless, a frown couldn't escape my mouth. I was too furious, angry, and... worried. What if I decided not to go after her? What would have happened? I let her cry, knowing she was too scared to even function right now. I face plamed myself and then massaged my temples, wanting to just hug her and let her know she's safe. 

Once I heard her cries softly subside, my hands limped on my side, ready to yell at her. 

"YA! What were you even thinking?! Have you gone insane?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, expressing how angry and worried I was. Who in their right mind would come out at this hour, especially when she knows she's just a defenseless girl? Startled, she blinked many times before looking up to me, probably recognizing my voice. 

I huffed angrily, looking away from her. 

"Y-Y-Yixing?" She softly whispered. It was the first time I heard her call my name in this manner, she'd always scream my name or even curse at me everytime she gets the chance. It makes my heart flutter... okay what? Flutter... is that even the word I wanted to describe what I was feeling r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter