three

My Strange Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

three

"Why did you even pick color purple? Purple is for girls, unless you're gay?"

And the day has arrived. 

We moved houses and here we are, bringing in boxes of different sizes inside our massive house. I sighed as I placed the last box I owned inside my so called room. I looked at my room and felt a little bit strange. Thinking about living with complete strangers new family members make me cringe. 

I still don't get why they are doing this, but I guess I can't do much, right? 

I'm just  thankful that I get my own privacy at school, where I get to be alone with my bestfriend, my brother, and of course my classmates. Somewhere my new family members can't get into. I sighed and muttered, "Am I being too cruel?" I shook my head and decided to just forget about my thoughts and continue to unpack my things. 

As I was unpacking my labeled boxes, I heard a knock coming from my wide opened door. 

I turned around, crouching down on the floor and saw Yixing. 

I had an expressionless face on, so maybe he could figure it out that I don't want him here. Okay, maybe I am being too cruel. Should I be easy on them? I sighed and asked, "What?" Not to be rude, but I just think this whole swapping-spouses-thing is outrageous. 

I mean, this is out of the norms! Not even an alien couple would do this. 

"Your mom told me to tell you to go down and help them with the kitchen." He said with a monotone and left. I scoffed and shook my head. I stood up and dusted my knees and looked back at the unattended boxes in my room. "Well, I guess I'd have to see you later." I muttered and walked out of my room. 

I went down the stairs and walked inside the kitchen, seeing my mother and Mrs. Zhang, or should I call her my step-mom, if that's neccessary, unpacking the boxes. I sighed for the nth time and walked beside my mom, "Do you need help?" They both looked at me and smiled. 

"Oh, Hana! You're here, great. I want you to unpack these boxes and put them on the shelves neatly. We both know that you're more organized than I am." I rolled my eyes and nodded, not saying a word and obliged. As I was unpacking the things, Chanyeol and Yixing emerged in the kitchen. 

"Omma, do you need help here? We're done unloading the boxes from the moving truck, and appa said to ask you if you need help carrying anything." Chanyeol stated. I looked up at them and saw Yixing staring at me. I blinked and immediately looked away. 

I glanced at him and thank God my mother blocked his view. 

I sighed heavily and thought, "Holy . I thought I was going to die for a moment. Why was he looking at me like that?" I shook my head and took the bowls covered with newspaper to the counter top and brought a chair, so I could step on them and put the bowls one on one inside the cupbaord. 

"Hana dear, isn't standing on the chair too dangerous?" Mrs. Zhang softly told me. 

I looked at her and slightly smiled, "Ani-yo. I'm fine." She nodded and said, "Okay, let me know if you need help with something. I'll ask Yixing to do it for you." I looked back at Yixing who was simply carrying out orders from my mother with Chanyeol and couldn't help but stare at him. 

I am not kidding you when I say he's quite handsome.  I mean, his side view is pretty... handsome. I guess? 

Omo, what the hell am I thinking?! He's my God damn step-brother. I can't think about this! NO! Certainly not. No, no, no. Am I possibly sick? What have I been thinking all day? Jeez. I need some dose of separation with the Zhang family. Seriously. I've been spending too much time with them with my family. 

I just can't do this. 

Oh how am I going to survive this all my life? Someone help me. 

---

"Are you done, Hana?" Mrs. Zhang asked me as I stepped out from the chair. I looked at her and nodded my head, "Neh, I'm done organizing the plates and other utensils." She nodded her head and opened the cupboards and smiled satisfyingly. Honestly, seeing Mrsz. Zhang smile makes me smile too. 

There's just something about her smile that makes me warm around her. I guess she's not too bad. 

"You did a great job, dear. Go ahead and clean your room, I'm sure you have a lot to organize. Thank you." I nodded my head and said, "That's no problem. It's my house too anyway." With that, I walked away and quietly made my way upstairs to my room, but to my dismay, I saw Yixing by the ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter