eight

My Strange Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

eight

"Just go away. I'm not in the mood to deal with your ."

I was yet again in English class, mindlessly staring outside the window as usual, while I ignored my seatmate's presence. Yixing. I sighed heavily as I remembered what had happened last night. I closed my eyes and shook everything with all my might. To be honest, if it weren't for Yixing, I could be dead or at the hospital for all I know. 

Although I don't appreciate Yixing's presence, I appreciate him for saving me. 

I don't know if I'm over reacting, but I was truly traumatized by what happened last night. Never have I expected that, that would ever happen to me. I mean, I'm just a normal high schooler. I don't know how these occurrings could happen to a girl like me. 

I sighed for the nth time as I felt a nudge on my elbow. 

I frowned, glancing at Yixing who looked at me with concern evident through his eyes. 

"Are you okay?" He mouthed. 

Even though I hated him, I tried my hardest to give him a somewhat reassuring smile. 

He looked away before opening his notebook and wrote something on it. He pushed his notebook towards my side and pointed at the small sentences written at the bottom left corner of the page. 

Are you still bothered by what happened?

I bit the insides of my cheek as I lifted my pen and replied to his rather concerning remark. I pushed his notebook back to his side as I saw him glance down at my answer, obviously not believing me when I wrote no. He looked up and glanced at me, giving me a cut eye, as if examining my expression. I raised an eyebrow at him. 

I nodded towards the front of the class, telling him to listen to Mr. Kim instead of giving me these stares. 

I heard him sigh before he complied.

---

It was lunch time and didn't have the appetite to actually finish my food when I'm always the one whose appetite is rather huge. I felt everyone give me a worried glance as I played with my food with the stainless chopsticks I was holding. Especially, my bestfriend, Mijin who nudged me on my side and whispered, "Are you okay?" 

I briefly glanced at her before nodding my head. 

I sighed before looking up, only to meet Sehun's eyes. 

I clenched my fists, standing up to gather my food tray. I took my bag and slung the strap of my backpack on my shoulders, picking up the food tray while avoiding my friends' gaze. "I'm going first, I-I need to go to the library," I nodded at them, avoiding any eye contact with Sehun, but I managed to look at Yixing, who joined our table. 

He was staring at me with much intensity that I had to look away quickly. 

As I was walking away, I was held back by soft, cold hands. 

Sehun. 

I bit back a gasp as I stood frozen in his grasp. My eyes were darted to the floor, while I heard my friends stop eating and talking. 

"Hana..." Sehun called desperately. 

I closed my eyes before shaking my arms off of his grasp, ignoring his call. As I was about to walk away, he called me again, but this time he raised his voice. "Park Hana!" Sehun exclaimed with much desperation and frustration. I huffed angrily and finally turned around, looking at Sehun with cold eyes.

"Just go away. I'm not in the mood to deal with your ," I snapped, clearly getting pissed off. 

He looked at me shocked, as if I said something unholy. I glared at him before stealing a glance at my friends who stared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter