ten

My Strange Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ten

"Yixing..."

It was the weekend, more specifically a Saturday and it's that time of the week where I'm allowed to just bum around. I'm sprawled on my bed, staring at the ceiling as I sighed out of boredom. I looked at my wall clock and saw that it was already noon and yet I'm still on my bed. I heaved a deep sigh and muttered, "I feel like I'm going to be really unproductive today." 

I felt doing nothing at all. 

My mind felt empty, and even though I had so much to stress about in school, I felt like I'm useless right now. I didn't like this feeling at all. Everyone knows how proactive I am. I'm that type of person to be really active and yet, I'm here sprawled on my bed. 

I don't know if I was save by the bellknock, because I was definitely wishing to be distracted out of nothingness right now. 

I looked at the door and said, "Come in!" 

The door opened and it revealed Mrs. Zhang. I sat up and bowed at her while she smiled at me, "Good afternoon dear. Did I wake you up?" I smiled at her reassuringly and shook my head. "Aniyo, do you need something?" I asked politely. 

She opened the door wider and crossed her arms, "Do you have something planned to do today? Maybe go out with your friends?" 

I pursed my lips and shook my head, "No, I'm entirely free for today." 

Mrs. Zhang smiled widely at me as she clasped her hands together, "Great! I want you and Yixing to go out and have fun at the amusement park today! I got two free tickets from my work and I know your father and I are too old for amusement parks so I figured you should go with Yixing and bond a little." 

My eyes widened and I just didn't know what I should say. 

At first, I was really thankful that she saved me from my boredom but once she mentioned Yixing's name I started to doubt it. I bit the insides of my cheeks and hesitantly nodded my head before questioning her, "Only me and Yixing? Where's Chanyeol?" 

"Chanyeol went out pretty early today, saying he has band practice."  

I inwardly cursed and totally forgot that he had always band practice from eight in the morning until four in the afternoon. "Damn it," I muttered quietly as I sighed and decided to just follow what Lin suggested. I literally had nothing planned for today anyway and it's not like I didn't like amusement parks anyway. 

I loved them. 

I stood up and gladly took the tickets from Lin's hand and thanked her one last time before she closed the door of my room. I placed the tickets on my vanity table and took my towel that was hanging by the door and went straight to the bathroom to get ready. After half an hour in the shower, I walked out with my robe on and immediately dried my hair. 

I didn't bother styling it because I know it's best to arrive at the amusement during this time so I made no efforts on styling my hair or doing my make up. Another reason is because I'm only going with Yixing anyway, why would I have to impress him? 

I dressed up pretty casually, wearing my white low-cut converse with boyfriends pants and a black sleeveless crop top that hung perfectly on my body. I looked at myself through my vanity mirror and shrugged as I finished putting on my accessories. I took my purse and slid the two tickets inside my purse before leaving my room. 

I walked down the stairs and saw Yixing watching the television with my father. 

I pursed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter