one

My Strange Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

one
"We're going to get a divorce!"

"Hana! Come down, we're having a family meeting!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs. I sighed and closed my math textbook, hating the fact that I was being bothered while doing my most hated subject of all subjects. I puffed my cheeks as I walked to my door and got out. 

I walked down the stairs and saw that my twin brother, Chanyeol, was already sitting across my parents who were joking around as usual. I rolled my eyes and whined, "Omma! Why couldn't you wait for an hour more? I told you I was doing my math homework." 

She glared at me as she stood up from her seat and dragged me to the seat across from  her. 

I sighed as I eyed my brother who was chuckling beside me, probably having fun at the fact that I got dragged away by my childish sweet mother again. I looked at my parents who were smiling as if something great happened. I raised an eyebrow at the both of them, "Why are you both smiling like a dork?" 

My mother slapped my thigh that was hanging out of my chair. "Ya, aren't we allowed to smile? We're humans, not aliens!" 

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "Yeah, right." I muttered, gaining another slap from my mother, making me wince in pain. 

"Aish, omma! Stop hitting me!" I whined as I massaged my aching thigh. 

Chanyeol laughed and I saw him shaking his head at me, "Just stop talking back at omma, Hana. You know you can't ever win over omma." He grinned and I immediately flicked his big ears, making him wince in pain. He shot me a glare and I responded back with what he gave me. 

"YA! That hurts you know!" Chanyeol exclaimed. 

I mocked him and said, "Yeah, yeah, whatever." I looked away and faced my parents who just looked at us as if it was the most normal thing to see. Whenever Chanyeol and I fight, they never really pick sides. I don't know why, but they just let us be, cool, huh? NOT. 

Well, I like the fact that our parents lets us do everything we like, but a little strictness would also be fine, you know? Getting the freedom I don't really need is sometimes suffocating too. 

"So, what's the family meeting about?" I asked, really wanting to get this over with. 

My mother grinned and clasped her hands together as she looked at my father and my father gave her a nod with a smile. "So..." My mother started off, "we've been thinking," my father continued. This is their habit. Continuing each other's words, and I became accustomed with this already. 

"Yeah? You've been thinking?" I stated. 

My mom let out a loud giggle that I find disgusting for a forty-three year old woman. 

"What? Can't you just say it without beating around the bush?" I whined, not really liking what they are trying to do to Chanyeol and I, but I was more irritated than Chanyeol obviously. Chanyeol had always been patient towards my parents, but I was the complete opposite. 

"We're going to get a divorce!" My mom squealed with delight, while I froze in my spot with my jaw hanging open. 

D-D-Divorce? Does she mean they are going to get separated and Chanyeol and I have to get separated? Meaning, I get to live with my mother and Chanyeol gets to live with my father? Then I won't have a complete family? I'll be separated with my family?! THIS IS ABSURD! 

I immediately stood up from my chair and slammed my palms on the dining table, "NO! I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS!" With that, I turned away and ran out of the kitchen, but stopped and turned. I frowned and shouted, "AND HOW DARE YOU SAY YOU'RE DIVORCING AS IF IT'S NOTHING!" I turned away again and ran as fast as I could upstairs, ignoring their immediate calls to me completely. 

When I reached my room, I slammed it shut and locked it. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter